Noob wizzie questions ...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Kalika, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

First i would love some AA profile example with 80 aas for a level 35. I took reach to have more range, casting speed 10/10 , crit chance 10/10, reuse final, Solar flare, Immolation and ball of fire all 5/5 ... and 10/10 on magic shielding.

Second what is the use of iceshape, i don t have any bonus for frost spell so turning all damage to frost does not seems to be interesting unless i can specifically debuf frost resist or if i get AA with a proc on forst spell ... ut i don t see any.
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't know that AAs really matter until you are 95-100. Just using the default solo set should work just fine until then. At that time you probably have all the casting speed you want without AAs, for example. Other than that, I really can't help that much as I tend to prefer scouts and melee characters (melee priests, solo fighters). I do have a number of casters at 110, but they are solo/toy characters and are still using the defalt solo AA sets. Sorry that I cannot help more.
  3. Dilon Active Member

The problem with what you are asking is that you will be level 35 with 80 AAs for so little time that it's hard to make recommendations for that specific moment. But to offer a bit of guidance on where you are I would suggest going:

- Shadows Line, 5 points in Hearty Constitution, 5 in Runic Protection, 5 in Sorceror's Shielding, then 5 in Battle Hardened and Icicle Fury for 25 total. Then take the endline abilities on the second, third, and fourth rows for 6 more points.

- Heroic Line, 10 points however you wish in the first row, another 10 points however you wish in the second row, then 28 points in the third row allocated between enhance thunderclap, expunger, and mystical overflow. Then 2 points to ethernere chains on the bottom left [note this is 81 points total, not 80, but the extra aa is not a huge deal to get].

This will give you a couple of extra abilities that are very nice, Ethernere chains is a combo root, slow, and high damage spell all of which is extremely useful for leveling up. Then hailstorm, thunderclap, and arcane bewildermint are all good abilities as well.

alternatively you can continue down the path you are going, range, catsing speed, crit chance etc having improved stats is useful at any level.

Second, iceshape is irrelevant and you can ignore it. You do not need to put a point in in for anything.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My strategy is to ask in general chat who the best wizard is on the server. Then go look up those names on EQ2U, where you can download their AA setups and then import them for your own use.

If no one will advance a name, take a look at EQ2Progression for your server and look at the top raid guilds. Check out their wizards on EQ2U.

The other advantage of looking at these characters is that you can see the kinds of stats choices they are making on their gear as well as their AAs.
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

btw it is on the TLE.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can still look at top wizards on other servers ;)
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

TLE has different rules than live. Example, Necros on TLE's lifeburn does 18 pts of damage per 1 pt of your health, but according to eq2wiki on live its 4 pts to 1. So what is good on live for wizzies may not be so good on TLE, just a caveat.