Noob Question about expansions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Tusc, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Tusc New Member

Hello,
    I have recently started playing EQ2 and so far I'm loving it. So much so that I decided to subscribe and purchase the latest expansion. It was my understanding that getting the expansion would also unlock all previous expansions. I think I may have been wrong. I still have to purchase the beastlord and channeler classes as well the other 2 races. Can some clear this up for me. Is there some package I can purchase to really open up the game completely?

Thx
    Tusc
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

You are both right and wrong - yes, buying the latest expansion unlocks all the previous expansions for you. The race and class packs, however, are not included in expansions, but are separate feature bundles, that have to be bought separately. Beastlord and channeler, aerykin and freeblood are all separate to expansion packs.
    Breanna, Soara2, Xianthia and 3 others like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The races and classes were not included in expansions. Also not included in expansions were Reforging, Mercenaries, Dungeon Maker, and Tradeskill apprentices. These were part of Age of Discovery which SOE termed a Feature Pack and so they were never included when you purchased an expansion following AoD.

A few years back, you could buy a bundle that contained Reforging, Mercenary, Dungeon Maker, and Tradeskill Apprentices, for I think 1500 Daybreak Cash. There was also a bundle that contained Beastlord, Channeler, Aeryken (Basic), and Freeblood that I believe was 1000 Daybreak Cash. They gave away Dungeon Maker for free a few years ago when they removed the ability for players to gain experience or dungeon marks while running through player created dungeons. Mercenaries have been included in the expansions since Kunark Ascending, but you still have to purchase all the other items listed above separately. I am not sure if any of the bundles still exist you would need to search the marketplace, I do not even know the prices for each of the items individually.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.