NOOB alert - Nylphs Bone Form - confused

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-miker35, Mar 27, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-miker35 Guest

Sorry in advance and I appreciate your patience. I am new round these parts.
    I bought the scroll Nylp's Bone form for amusement factor but I can't seem to get it to work? I cast the spell on myself and it swirls some purplish magic around me, then shows up as an icon amongst my concentration icons but literally nothing else happens.
    I used the search feature on these boards to get an answer before posting but couldn't seem to find one. I saw someone suggest that I may have to remove "hide". I went into persona and saw the "hide illusory form (something like that) was unchecked. For good measure I checked it, tried again, then unchecked it and tried again with the spell. On a move of desperation I did the same with the helmet hide feature (I didn't expect it would work but it was worth a shot...). I typed /hide, /unhide and about everything else I could think of.
    Ok what am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated:)
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Are you on a mount? Many illusions, including Nylphs Bone Form, won't show up when you're on a mount.
  3. ARCHIVED-miker35 Guest

At first I was (the shamrock carpet thing from the Brells questline). Initially I was thinking that was the problem and simounted. I still can't get it working though.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

miker35 wrote:
    Make sure "Hide My Illusion Form" in your persona window options is unchecked. You said that you checked it, and you want to leave it unchecked.
    Also make sure that you don't have any other illusions up.
  5. ARCHIVED-miker35 Guest

Ok I cancelled ALL spells on myself. Double checked the check box was unchecked. Recast bone form (and it worked!) recast the buffs and such (except for the carpet which I did not redo) and now it seems to have held. Weird.

Thanks much for the help!
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Question: What level are you? If you're over level 50, then it's possible Lich was overriding your illusion (Lich has its own illusion attached to it).
  7. ARCHIVED-miker35 Guest

I was only at 25. Weird.
  8. ARCHIVED-Arkinon Guest

You cant have illusions turned off, You cant be on a mount, and it has to be the first illusion you cast. If you use lich first the lich will be the illusion tha is shown regardless of other illusions cast.