No zone graphics in instance

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Meneltel, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I was told that this means some files are corrupted and need to be deleted and let the launcher patch them. Which ones?

When I zone into Plane of Innovation (so far, only zone this happens on) the solo one, I still see my UI, but the view is black. I can target my merc and cast on him, but I see nothing and I cant move my toon at all, not even the direction as indicated by the pointer on mini map. I can cast spell, evac spell puts me right where I am with same problem. I even killed some agroing mobs, assisted my merc and we killed them but I couldn't move. Was always out of range of joust and half the time out of range to cast spells.

Any suggestions, please?
  2. Kheldorm Active Member

You can try starting the launcher, and logging in, but not hitting play.
    On the bottomish left is a button with some tools on it, hit that, then select "Validate Game Assets", and click "Validate".

Make sure NO instances of EQ2 are running when you do this.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I tried that before I posted here, however, a guildie logged on and summoned me into it. I was able to see. So it was the instance bugged in some way, perhaps my choice of merc out or having a merc out or others, I don't know but I was able to after that zone in and solve the first part of the quest there.

Thank you all for your patience and assistance.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  4. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Are you using any 3rd party UI or skins or plugins? Try to disable it temporarily...
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Nope and I found out it was the game, not me. Thank you though. I hate 3rd party programs like that. Everytime there is a patch, you have to use your broken program or wait for it to be patched... so annoying if on a pvp server... personal experience from long ago.
    Ceyllynn likes this.