No Shards from Skyshrine Instances?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Loladen, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Loladen Guest

Intended?

Or do you still want us to run DoV 1 instances for them, to make that content somewhat useable still.
  2. ARCHIVED-Pantera215 Guest

Where da shards at?
  3. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

While I haven't talked to anyone at SoE about this, my assumption was this was by design. DoV 1.0 wasn't to be entirely forgotten.
    Unfortunately lootscript9000 didn't get that memo.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    I doubt all the new uber 92s with full gear upgrades and prestige abilities will hardly forget about DOV 1.0 when they can solo / duo those zones now in 20 or 30 minutes.
  5. ARCHIVED-BadLuck Guest

Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    Are all 300+ of your posts you arguing against someone? Its not that people will forget about them, but more of a legit question as to if it was intended for shards to not drop in the new instances.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gyee Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Hhahahahha.. lootScript9000. I taking that and running with it.
  7. ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx Guest

The raid zones NEED red shards.... If you are in a raiding guild that is rarely doing many DOV instances anymore... red shards are going to be hard to come by. But i guess that didn't figure into the planning stages...
  8. ARCHIVED-Atombomb Guest

Bumping because this needs to be addressed. Players shouldnt be forced to run old content to get shards and stuff for the newer content.
  9. ARCHIVED-Loladen Guest

This needs dev attention
  10. ARCHIVED-DonnyOddlegs Guest

Vinyard@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I expect there is a dev adding these to the marketplace as we speak.
  11. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Faildozer@Permafrost wrote:
    As I posted elsewhere, looks to me like DoV v1.0 has some replay value now.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lossewen Guest

Wirewhisker@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Forcing people to run pointless zones for shards is pathetic. This issue needs to be addressed...
  13. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Lossewen wrote:
    They don't seem pointless in the least if they are offering blue shards now do they>?>?>? FAR from pointless as a matter of fact.
  14. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

We shouldn't be forced to run a) old zones and b) heroic zones to adorn currently dropping raid gear. I understant that GU63 is "a continuation of DOV" but forcing us to go back and run zones that we don't need or want the loot just to get shards for adorning the loot we DO want is foolish. I absolutely hate having to run heroic zones to outfit my RAID gear. I should be able to attain those items via raiding.
  15. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    Exactly if the tables were turned and it was a solo/group or casual thing they would say 'just get over it, it takes 2 seconds to do that zone anyway.'
  16. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    I retract my pervious statement, as I now see the error of my thought process thanks to ColdMetal agreeing with me... SOE, Please fix. (I feel better now)
  17. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

Coupled with the decision that Red CM adornments = Health, no refunds, no exchange oppurtunities, etc... this is a nice little slap in the face that shows 1)SOE doesn't care, 2)SOE doesn't plan, or 3)SOE intentionally and artificially blocks content to try to make it last longer. Are there any other explanations?
  18. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Some of the sad realization I'm seeing is, I'm not running into many CC upgrades over drunder rare necks and EoW charms. So, seems to me most of us have reason to run those zones for white shards.
    As far as blue shards, that is rather annoying, however, we find that our healers still need Split-Second Redemption war runes that are a rare off of Tormax. There are also a sprinkling of other classes needing a few of the rarer runes. Enough so, that putting 2 groups together to go clear the dov 1.0 zones for these rune farms and shard farms isn't difficult to do.
    Keeping in mind you can clear ALL Skyshrine EM raid content in one night 2-3 hours of raiding, at most you can raid 2 nights a week in skyshrine, leaving most raid guilds time to do some 1.0 content.
  19. ARCHIVED-Errror Guest

Put raid shards into Skyshrine raid mobs.
    Yellow shards too, but they are slightly less important as there is ways of getting them solo or duo.
    I don't want to spend loads of time having to go back and do Kraytocs just to mute all loot, for raid shards.
  20. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

This is SoE making people do stuff that they have done for months over and over again. This is ridiculous to be honest, they need to understand that when given new content people want to do somthing new, not be forced into going back over and over.
    And it won't keep most old zones viable. It will be 3-6 man groups in tofs x2 and solo/duoing in pools, ascent and maybe a few others.