Fixed Internally No Reward from Legend Hunting Quests on Kael Drakkel

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Darkloner, Apr 15, 2023.

1. Darkloner New Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Quest Related
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Happened Once

Zone: The City of Freeport
    Character: Level 10 Defiler

Summary: Completed Legend Hunting, no reward
    Description: I completed all 8 Legend Hunting quests on the Lore & Legend server and they show as completed in my quest journal. When I try to buy Spirit of Drakkel, it is greyed out with the message, Must have completed all Legend Hunting achievements on the Lore and Legend server. The other person I did the quests with is able to purchase the item.
    Feara, FuRiouSOne and Taliss like this.
  2. Taliss Member

It would be great if we could get Darkloner's account fixed ASAP. We spent a lot of time to get this reward on live and the person with me every step of the way didn't get it and I could. The Spirit of Drakkel rune is quite a big upgrade for us.
    Darkloner likes this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

You need to petition, not post a bug report.
  4. Darkloner New Member

Thank you for the advice; if I could petition, I would. When I /petition it brings me to a webpage that will not allow me sign in to petition it. Maybe I need to do a bug report on the petition not working?
  5. Denmum Developer

In order to help them sort it out a bit, what does your achievement say? Achievements > Quests > Legend Hunting: Spirit of Drakkel.

Does it say that you have finished 8/8?
    Feara likes this.
  6. Darkloner New Member

Thank you, Denmum for responding. My Achievements > Quests > Legend Hunting: Spirit of Drakkel shows 7/8. My completed quests under World Event show 8 completed:

Legend Hunting: Desert of Flames
    Legend Hunting: Destiny of Velious
    Legend Hunting: Echos of Faydwer
    Legend Hunting: Kingdom of the Sky
    Legend Hunting: Rise of Kunark
    Legend Hunting: Sentinel's Fate
    Legend Hunting: The Shadow Odyssey
    Legend Hunting: The Shattered Lands

Help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Feara likes this.
  7. Darkloner New Member

Taliss and I have been comparing our quest journal and achievements, and we redid a couple of zones; our journals/achievements match, but I still can't get the reward. I wish /petition worked.
    Feara likes this.
  8. Darkloner New Member

Update:
    I was able to sign into support to file a ticket. Waiting on a response now.
    Feara likes this.
  9. Denmum Developer

I was about to suggest making a free account to get a ticket in with your account information to CS. I am glad you were able to log in to do so yourself. They're the ones who are able to access your account and see what is going on with it, and should be the ones able to fix it as well.
    Feara, Taled and Darkloner like this.
  10. Darkloner New Member

Thank you again, Denmum! Sorry to have wasted your time.
    Feara likes this.
  11. Denmum Developer

Pfft, no "waste" involved. I can understand how utterly frustrating this sort of thing can be, and am glad you have managed to connect with CS to try to get it resolved.
    Juraiya, Feara, Taled and 1 other person like this.
  12. Taled Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you had issues, but I'm glad you got in. I don't like that they moved petitions to solely done through the website, personally - it was much simpler as a player to do them through the in-game functionality, I think. (And I'm not sure why they moved it out, I imagine it wouldn't be too terrible to have a back end that ties petitions sent out directly into their website queue as well)
    Juraiya, Feara and Darkloner like this.
  13. Darkloner New Member

Update:
    My response from /petition was to post a /bug report and post to forums. When I questioned that I had already posted here, the follow-up email stated:

"The problem is that this is not a one-off as several people have had the same issue, so it's an actual bug. This needs to be looked into as to why people are only getting 7/8 of the quests showing done when they've completed them all. Typically, once the issue is resolved. the update is done by the Dev Team. Please make sure you've done a /bug report since that goes directly to Dev/QA teams."

So, ball's back in this court?
    Juraiya and Feara like this.
  14. Darkloner New Member

Just to be clear, and as I stated above, my character shows as completing all 8 Legend Hunter quests, but the Achievement didn't update.
  15. Feara Well-Known Member

Yes, it sure reads that way.
    Juraiya and Darkloner like this.
  16. Picard New Member

Question: Why are you doing these quests? Is it for
    1. I am planning on playing on KD and want the adorn.
    2. I am NOT planning on playing on KD and want the adorn for my live toons.

If it's #2, why not just create another toon and complete the missions. There are a lot of people that would be glad to help you along with them if you aren't up for doing them solo. Just a suggestion, no offense, but getting the ball rolling to fix this as a bug may take some time while you could actually finish the missions before that happens.
  17. Taliss Member

Since the issue is happening to multiple people would dev consider writing a script to at least identify all accounts affected the CS could use to proactively fix them instead of having to respond to multiple /petition's accounts which has to take more time hence cost Daybreak more money. I'd suggest the script automatically fixes the account but frankly I'd be concerned about injected bugs.

This would be a step gap measure until the bug is fixed I'm a developer too, different industry but I work closely with support and have written scripts in the past to proactively fix issues customers might be having before they hopefully experience the negative effects. Bug fix cycles can be long.

If that can't be done then dev and CS should have a conversation and someone take ownership to resolve the issue for the customer in the least amount of time. Obviously I don't know your architecture and I know what dealing with 20 year old software can be like but presumably there's a flag on Darkloner's account that could be manually changed to enable her to get her reward. In the mind of anyone reading this the assumption is it would take someone 5 minutes to fix Darkloner's account.

@Picard While technically it may work I don't think it's a reasonable suggestion to ask someone to repeat a task that takes several hours that they didn't enjoy the first time to hope it doesn't bug again.
  18. Picard New Member

Didn't realize that he didn't enjoy it.
  19. Feara Well-Known Member

It is time consuming. I work a job, I wouldn’t want to do it again anytime soon. Help or no help.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

There are bugs that have gone unfixed for years and, as of posting this message, only two people agree this bug should be prioritized. This one still might get prioritized, but it might not. Take a few hours to probably complete the missions or just keep waiting?