No pvp server??

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kumodo, May 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcterusGalbula Active Member

I started on Vox. At first I hated it but I grew to love it. Playing on a PvE server quickly grows tedious. It is kind of nice. Like playing with a fancy train set or doll house I suppose. But the best-selling computer games today seem to be PvP oriented. So, there are a lot of people who enjoy the thrill.

Many factors contributed to the death of PvP in Eq2 but I think it started when level-locking was removed. Another was the endless whining about class balance - something that likely can never be achieved. Nor should it. The game started as a group endeavor. Each class had a role. Then people started crying because every supporting class could not fight as well as the hit-and-run scouts. No wonder the developers gave up.

I advocated for years for a PvP server, with level-locking, but no other special attention toward gear or class balance. So no additional resources would be required. Maybe someday PvP will return to Eq2. There is a lot of excitement building for MMO's on the horizon that actually are being developed with PvP in mind. There is a huge untapped financial market.
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I must of been reading a separate thread, 'cause it sure didn't seem like dirge was at all insecure or defensive. He laid out his observations in response to your passive-aggressive statement that "I predicted this comment section would fill up with toxic pve players giving their uneducated opinions on pvp."

You then go on to quote a completely different individual that posted days ago to (apparently) invalidate a different perspective than yours without the use of any supporting observations/facts/theories to bolster your side, so I'm not sure what you're even trying to say or communicate.
  3. Sasquatch New Member

I apologize if something very simple is going way over your head. Again, I'm calling out the people who add nothing to the conversation, who leave their naive comments or personal opinion of pvp. It's a very common trend in pvp threads. Why is this so hard to grasp?
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

This thread is quickly becoming just a thread for personal attacks. It's locked.
    Breanna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.