No pvp server??

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kumodo, May 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumodo New Member

Came back after a lot of years to see if EQ2 had a pvp server still since i played back in the day. I played a 90 ( cap at the time)troubador Kumodo 11k killson Naggy when i retired pole postion in kills for troubs and in the teens for overall. I cant believe there isnt a server. I am currently trying to get my old account back lol...with no server you can keep your carebear bs and il keep my money.

back in the day when this game was fun

2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

No PvP.

No Date for future PvP.

People ask on a daily basis, always same replies.
    Wulfgyr likes this.
  3. Sasquatch New Member

PvP will be back in some way shape or form. Just have to keep waiting.
  4. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

You shouldn't get your hopes up. They've tried to re-boot pvp servers several times only to have them quickly fail.

They've never invested the resources to do pvp right, and these days they simply don't have resources needed.

They might try again, but the odds of success are slim to none.
  5. Kumodo New Member

These devs were always clueless , they are only worried about money and that meant expansions. You cant balance pvp when you give the AI **** tons of HPS to off set the insane player dps damage from new abilities , then stand around with thumb in *** and wonder why player vs player doesn't work when players dont have AI hps. They hire these kids and kids who grew up playing Final Fantasy and bobble head Japanese cartoons then wonder why their games sucks. If i won the lottery id buy it up and fire everyone, delete all the quest content and mobs and start over.

only taking resumes if you played table top D and ,D 35 years or older, yes im profiling.
    These companies are just like a government, they think they know whats best and never have listened to anyone else, that why they are jockeying jobs on a game that has both feet in the grave being held up by a weakening root by their belt loot before the fatal fall.
    I guess im a bit jaded, ive seen great games go to crap after 2 to 4 years after a personnel change or buy out
    EQ dead after velious
    EQ2 killed pvp with flying mounts , disc pads. I used to portal pad around everywhere trying to find someone to kill , nothing, if their were they would who the zone and leave or play portal tag. As if it wasnt unbalanced enough
    DAOC to many expansions , a game based on RVR and Siege only expanded AI content expansions...yes you read that right, concept still cool
    so on and so on

Everytime they lose people they have the same knee jerk reaction, New Content
    how about fixing the dam games current content?
    But thats what happens when unqualified people have the job.
  6. Tittle New Member

Most pvpers stayed away because it was 3 months and then a server wipe. Its not that they have tried, they are grossly dont understand the pvp player base. Then they dont see how a couple of skills completely negates any competitiveness, so they dont fix it for months if at all. It wouldnt take a full time dev to look at these things, it would just take someone to pay attention and be able to adjust quickly.
  7. Sasquatch New Member

It's very common for pve players who dislike pvp to come into pvp specific threads and give their personal uninformed opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.

Kander said, "We are not done with pvp", so you can bet it will be back eventually.
  8. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

To clarify, I started playing eq2 the year pvp was introduced (Vox) and played that sever until it merged with Nagafen.

Also, no one is saying they won't try and bring pvp back. The issue is it will more than likely be the poorly designed and implemented environment that has plagued eq2 pvp since day one.

To wit, if the eq2 folks understood pvp, their servers wouldn't keep failing.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong about that, but I'm skeptical if for no other reason than they don't seem to have resources to produce a quality pve game let alone pvp.
    Tkia and Dude like this.
  9. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

[an idea that I somehow don’t really like, but still:] and if Daybreak would inject sale of special pvp tokens of temporary action for use on little populated servers. (perhaps five minutes of action and/or longer, I don't understand this). And, at toon pvp flag appears during action of such token. Of course only toons with such flags can for definite time act on each other as pvp toon vs pvp toon. But there must be an significant nuance - when any pve-toon enters a zone, from this zone (into which he (- she) enters) at same time throws out away toons with pvp flags (and flags expire). It in theory should stimulate pvp-players to find places for their.. hmm.. affairs somewhere else. And we pve-likers would enjoy so that some pvp toons disappearing in front of our noses. And by that what it would be need later to explain to some :confused: of them on this forum why their characters are thrown out of the zones when they used the tokens they paid for
  10. Kydyr New Member

Have some cheese with your whine. Better yet, IF you can do better create and develope a game and make it your way.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

Why do you assume it's the devs doing that and not the corporate overlords? Only so much you can do when you have to meet quota.
    Lateana likes this.
  12. dorotea Well-Known Member

It is hard to generate much developer enthusiasm when experience in games that aren't focused on pvp indicates that trying to stick a toe in those waters rarely works well. For either players or the game. Players focused on pvp tend to bail out a lot faster. Maybe because the pvp mindset tends to go with a smaller degree of patience. Maybe because studies often show that the pvp player is younger on average than other people playing the game. Maybe because the developers universally do a very poor job understanding what will attract and keep this group.

Or maybe because they cannot balance properly for pvp because that will drive away the pve players that want classes to be different and give players wide choices of how to play and don't especially want them all equal as long as they all work against the mobs.
    Lateana and Ursa Minor like this.
  13. Igochan Active Member

Yes, was so fun. That's why everybody quit. And that's why they closed Nagafen. It was too funny
    Araleth, Raff, Gillymann and 2 others like this.
  14. Nuada Active Member

rofl.....

back in the days after we got a new PVE Expansion i think it was to lvl 100, all pvp players got 6 months no pvp patch.
    It is therefore understandable that everyone has left. Special in lvl 95 the pvp was better balanced as ever before.

btw: WOW got more PVP players in Classic as PVE players, special the pvp players are the most loyal when they get good pvp updates, and the new WOW Addon is based on a Classic Concept with perfect pvp balance.

but if DBG only open a PVP server and change not drastically the bonus that all player get for playing pvp then no player play longer as 2 months on it. 100%
  15. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I don't understand how anyone wouldn't love a server where most people enjoy being thugs ;)
  16. Igochan Active Member

Don't get me wrong, I loved PvP but I suffered three server closes (Darathar, Venekor and Nagafen) because people quit. This guy left and now comes here to say that this is bs and 7 years ago it was fun. Well, is still fun; that's why we are here. I think he is being disrespectful to all of us that stay in the game we love.
  17. Sasquatch New Member

I predicted this comment section would fill up with toxic pve players giving their uneducated opinions on pvp. Like I said before, take it with a grain of salt.
    PvP in this game does generate enough attention and it is very fun when implemented correctly. Otherwise why would it keep being brought back? If it was the players fault for its demise, I doubt they would keep trying to bring it back. The devs know of its potential if they can get it right.
  18. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

There are three actual factual things you can say about PvP in EQ2 in 2020.

The last two real PvP servers they launched died within 6 months (I played on both). The last PvP server they launched was seasonal and died in 14 days.

PvP might come back, but not in 2020.

PvP wont be what it used to be in EQ2 and hoping to get back to the "golden old days" will only disappoint the players hoping for a pvp server. They dont have the man power or the dedication to create anything that even looks remotely like class balance in PvE and hoping for it in PvP is delusional.

Call it toxic all you want, but these are facts even if you dont like to hear it.
    Snikkety, Dude and Mizgamer62 like this.
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

Yeah, the trends shown in those servers were pretty undeniable. If PvP ever comes back, it's just gonna be rangers and brigands camping at level 14. I've played on just about every server they've released (sans duplicate live servers) and PvP has always been a generally unenjoyable experience of just stepping on Harla Dar players until they bring a full raid at like 3AM to kill one guy harvesting.
  20. Sasquatch New Member

I'm not sure why you're getting insecure and defensive. If facts are being stated, then that's not what I'm referring to. I literally said people who are sharing their personal opinion of pvp, even if they have never tried it. You ok?

As an example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.