No Oceansfull repeatables for Jubilee coins.

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Cusashorn, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

There are repeat-once-per-year quests for Oceansfull, but they all provide very small Jubilee coins for the new Summer Festival event.

The problem is that you have to either be strong enough to farm the Oceansfull solo zone, which can be reset every 65 minutes, or it comes down to pure RNG of opening up the clams to get coins.

There should be a reliable repeatable quest for Jubilee coins for this event, for all those players who aren't strong and/or committed enough to farm a solo zone that still takes about 20 minutes to run.
  2. FalconClash Well-Known Member

I second this!

It took me 5 1/2 hours of opening shells to get just 20 Medals! Not even half what I need. Its agonizingly slow, especially with a dozen other people around also going after shells. I say Keep the Fireworks Quest going through all three events!
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

For now, I would suggest finding a different zone. Commonlands, Antonica, Kylong Plains, Obulous Frontier, Great Divide, Eastern Wastes, Tranquil Sea, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep, Moors of Ykesha
    Twyla likes this.
  4. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Another grueling day and another 23 medals. My brain hurts... Someone needs to tell them when things get this tedious ITS NOT FUN ANYMORE! Don't you torture us enough during Frostfell?!

*Dies*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I'd offer it's not the zone that is the issue, it's the number of Jubi tokens you get from a clam.
    ONE (2 if member, right?)
    Yep, just one. NOT worth doing for coins. 100% agree, there should be a repeatable quest for this holiday to get tokens.
  6. Maviarab Active Member

Add voice to this also.
  7. Zornar Member

With 25 items in the loot table, you would expect a 4% drop rate for the medals but I'm not sure it isn't lower than 4%. At a 4% drop rate it would require about 2,500 clam shells to get 100 medals. That's a lot of clams.

Even worse you also would loot about 400 worthless duplicates of the recipe and the 3 costume weapons and 100 each of the 18 housing items. What would any player want with 100 Bamboo Rafts, 100 each of the 5 types of plushies, 100 each of 4 types of coral, 100 Deep Sea Altars, etc.?

I'd rather see an Oceansfull currency (e.g. Pearl of Prexus) at a 100% drop rate from the clams and all the reward items offered by a vendor as in the Scorched Sky event. The clams would also have a 10% drop rate for the medals to make farming a bit easier.
    Jesaine, Morukta, FalconClash and 2 others like this.
  8. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Only 11 today because Maintenance ate 3 hours of my play time :mad:
    Got the rest of the 50 I needed for my guardian's gold plate armor at least. but, ugh...

Please make Medals tradeable so my better swimmers can do all the collecting for this event! AND, give more than ONE per shell! Faster respawn would be nice too.
  9. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I had another idea-
    How about next year, just make EVERY clam give whichever RNG event prize, PLUS 1 Jubilation token (2 for member)?
    That solves the need to worry about adding a new quest, gives folks a way to farm the tokens and I would think should be a minimal change needed for coding.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes. Trust me, my friend, you are not the only one to have suggested this, and it should be an easy fix. Why it wasn't in the works in the first place is beyond me. :-/

Or at the very least, we should've been warned: "Do the first two festivals hard and get your big ticket purchases then, 'cause you're gonna get bupkis in Oceansfull." :-/

Uwk
    Morukta and Breanna like this.