No new bags for Tailors?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Semperfifofum, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Thick bear hide backpack is the largest one I can make. What's up with that? And how about if we got a few simply cosmetic recipes like we used to?
    Kheldar, Breanna, Clawrift and 2 others like this.
  2. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Server lag was the reason given. The biggest player made containers are 48 slots metallic hide bags and bubbinga boxes. You can get all of the 66 slot ya want off of the marketplace though.
    Kheldar and Breanna like this.
  3. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

So you're saying Marketplace purchases are certified lag-free? :p
  4. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Snicker, yup, 100%! Woowwee!
    Kheldar, Breanna, Zynt and 2 others like this.
  5. Marae Well-Known Member

I don't see why, if we can buy as many 66-slot bags as we want to and use them, we can't *make* 66-slot bags and use them? Is there a difference in the lag generated by crafted bags? :p

I know it's a revenue thing - but people will still buy them for the cool appearances. Seriously, we are not getting any less stuff as time goes by, and larger bags would definitely be a help. I'd be happy if I could even make 60-slot bags; 64-slot would be better, and 88-slotters (which you can currently get as quest rewards) would have me doing handsprings. :D

I also would like to see more recipes for appearance gear, especially that can be worn by any class, any level. Some of us, believe it or not, are role players, and we love our costumes!
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yup, can't get all my goodies into bags if they are small. I like big no huge bags for my character.

I have lots of 46 slot, and one 66 slot from purchase... I was kinda hoping, a lot, to be able to make bigger bags to hold all my stuff.

And I am getting lots of stuff.
    Marae and Breanna like this.
  7. Tangris Well-Known Member

My thought and I am not defending DPG but it is not 48 v 66 it is 48 v 66 times 6 slots on your toon plus bank plus shared bank for each toon, THAT is a lot for the server.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be unless the servers are using, say, 16-bit server software. Which I doubt.
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

If we reached a limit on the size of bags that can be reasonably used due to lag, OK, I can live with that. Honestly larger bags just cause me to procrastinate in cleaning them up. However, I'm looking at my tailor and wondering what I can make that's useful.

But why no bag graphics? Different from the ones on the store? Or why no purely cosmetic clothes? I guess we have a lot of that from events, but still, I'd like something I can sell. House items like lace curtains for spooky or Victorian houses?

Most of what I can sell right now, is the 2nd charge on a red adorn, or tinkered items. Nice but...
    Marae and Geroblue like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I've noticed that. I can put furniture, paintings, lights, etc. in an Inn or house.

Can't do anything with the windows though. I've only seen one door when a two room of mine was decorated.

Doors that have different looks and lights would be nice.

Sorry, I thought I heard a scream of agony from off in the distance.

Okay, no lights on the doors.

Of course, those vertical Tinkerfest wall items, with the flowing colors... I thnik it would be great if we could craft some of those into/as doors for Inn rooms and houses. I mean, Mistmoore Estates is drafty. Some nice doors for each room would help it feel more cozy.

We already have various wall pieces with arched and square openings.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Only use for crafted bags is to pass out to new players and / or use them in your bank and vault.
    There are much larger bags to be had in game from quests and guide events

Only use currently for my tailor is mass crafting mastercrafted items to salvage for lunar material.
    Kheldar and ConcealFate like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I use crafted bags to hold my stuff. I have lots and lots of stuff.

Currently I'm going through all of my accounts and checking character inventory, etc. to see what I can sell to an NPC because my character can no longer use it.

Being able to unatune something would be great for this. I could then sell it on broker, and get some plat for my newer accounts.

Anyway. I think if the starter packs were 12-slot, instead of 4-slot, I would be happier. And the 24-slot bags when I use the 110 adv level token to get up to 110 ad level. Those are too small. 32-slot would be better.

I have used a number of the backpacks and storage boxes sent to my characters in mail.
    Semperfifofum and Breanna like this.
  13. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't see where they're going with the crafting. But I'm looking at lunar material on broker for 8-10k plat each (need 75 of them for one combine), and comparing it to Empyral items for sale at around 400k plat, not even experimented or refined. I just don't feel like this is going someplace.
    Kheldar and Argosunited like this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Hmmm... that sounds like 'get it while they can' plat. Saw the same thing on EQ. Then when more people get those items, the price may or may not drop. But i seem to remember it dropped years ago when that happened on EQ. Well, different servers, different ball of wax.
  15. Marae Well-Known Member

Of course we need crafted bags. I can't afford to spend real money to buy 66-slot bags for every slot on every character. 48-slot bags are certainly better than 12-slot or 24-slot bags! And the bags you get from questing are few and far between. I've gotten the ones from the last few expansions; I've gotten the one from Nebulous Newsies; I've bought the 52-slot box with loyalty points. That's a total of maybe half a dozen bags? That's a quarter of what you need to fully outfit a character's backpacks, personal bank and house vault; in addition you need eight more on the account for your shared bank. I haven't gotten very far in BoL yet so I don't know what's available down the road, but I haven't seen any yet from questing up there.

If I'm missing anything, please tell me! I have inventory issues... lol
    Geroblue likes this.