No more weekly bonus Ascension Scroll fivepack?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Allumette, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Allumette Member

Just checking to see if this is a bug or by design: Are we no longer getting a weekly bonus pack of five ascension scrolls over and above the standard one-a-day?

On a related-ish note, is there any way to make it easier to keep track of when to pick up a fresh scroll, either by adding the countdown to the mission timer tab, or -- I know, this sounds radical but stay with me here -- actually putting it on a universal 22-hour countdown so we can just collect it at our convenience within that time period, rather than have to check in at a particular hour?
  2. Azian Well-Known Member

I just got the 5 bonus on 2 toons a few minutes ago. I'm going to guess you'll get them tomorrow. Don't hold me to this but I believe I recall that the weekly ones are on a 6 day 20 hour timer of their own but also still tied to the daily pick up. Have you walked back your daily timer enough since last week that you maybe were too early for the 6day 20hrs?

The rest of that crazy talk though!?! Universal countdown? Insanity. :) I really wish they would have done it that way rather than a timer of their own like they did. Honestly, I would have been fine with 24 hours in that scenario.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Jrox Well-Known Member

Sacrilege! Do not ever utter words of that nature here again sir! What they should have done is just made it all vitality gained rather than any scrolls at all. the double scrolls could have come in double gain vitality. Having to run back to the damn masters every other fight is getting super annoying as well too be honest.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Bleah. The way ascension should have worked is a universal daily timer where everyone gets one scroll per day no matter what time during that day they log in. Midnight pacific time, I don't care. But pick a time that the scrolls reset, and whenever I log in after that, I get my scroll for that day.

And the weekly should be reset on Thursday like the other weeklies. Whenever i log on on thursday, I get my scroll of the day and my 5 bonus scrolls.

I don't understand why they didn't do it this way. It is so annoying how it works and certainly makes my family annoyed when i 'have to log in quickly to get my scrolls' even though I played all morning, scroll-less.
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Vunder Well-Known Member

Ascension gating is stupid IMO.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. ugloopni Active Member

clearly their paychecks are now tied to daily # of logins.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Oh man, don't even get me started on what ascension SHOULD have looked like if we could build it from scratch. I was mainly talking about how it should work if scrolls area thing.

but yeah, making it more like an AA page with the spells unlocking at a good static level like how we got our prestige skills would have been AMAZINGLY awesome and way better than the current 'pay to speed up the process and thus be way more awesomer than others who refuse to pay while still having a huge arbitrary time gate to control progression' situation we have right now.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  8. Carni Active Member

And once you get the charm, no more ascension scrolls for that character.
    Lucus and captainbeatty451 like this.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Ascension accomplished its goal -- giving another 3 months so the Epic Weapon 2.0 quests could be written.
    Tekka, Gharyn, Meneltel and 3 others like this.
  10. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I'm getting close, and I tell you I can not wait. PLease please please please please don't put in another mechanic like this for a while.
  11. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I love this part lol :p.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  12. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Weirdly, once you get the charm, you don't get scrolls but you *do* still accumulate passive ascension XP (and it's bumped up by the same "+100%" each of the prior classes were). Any scrolls you might have had left over revert back to the original 500k (600k for members) values, though.

I *really* hope they don't add more Ascension levels.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Speaking of which for Myth Epic 2.0 should be requirement to have all Ascend at level 10 and GMed at least 1 skill :)
  14. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

based on how things are going...it pretty much is a requirement.
  15. Lucus Well-Known Member

requiring all four ascensions and one GM skill together is just an excuse to cut down the number of charaters that could get their epic.

besides getting your epic will more likely then not require the last raid named to be killed in this expansion, that's enough of cutting down how many charaters can get it.
  16. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I think "Gating" in some manner is part of the EQ1/EQ2 company policy book, considering all the past with both games and the roadblocks that were put in so that expansions could be finished...