NO more trying to help in Bug Reports!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by WhysperWynde, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Yowzerz! I saw somebody in a Bug Report that hadn't gotten their question about a Coercer answered and Bumped their own thread and STILL no reply .. so I tried to be friendly and say a few things to them. Like say I don't have a Coercer so I can't help you but maybe another helpful person who plays a Coercer will pop in an answer. Just trying to let them know that they weren't totally being ignored and that somebody had at least read their post.
    I GOT MY HEAD BIT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not merely by OP but somebody actually went to the trouble of making a little snapshot screenshot of our posts and taking it to an art program and circling my answer and painting a red arrow to the Title Bug Reports; and then hosting that at some website and leaving the URL of their handiwork in a post instead of just using their words.

As a result of this UNMITIGATED RUDENESS I HAVE NEVER SEEN NOR WITNESSED BEFORE ON EQ2 FORUMS ANYWHERE = I will no longer even be looking in Bug Reports except to post any problem there of my own. And I have very FEW problems in EQ2 and do use Petitions to Devs to deal with them instead of sniveling & whining in Bug Reports and then being RUDE to someone trying to let me know my post isn't totally ignored.

So you RUDE MOFO's can go to HaChaChaCha and don't scald yer bums on the way down!
  2. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Tkia, Hermmit, Xianthia and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

She was.
    Melt, Tkia, Hermmit and 2 others like this.
  4. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

^ This. They did you a favor. The only thing you should really be doing if you want to help out on the /bug forum, and you don't have any pertinent information, is to "like" the original post so that it gets more visibility.
    Tkia, Hermmit and Xianthia like this.
  5. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

The best way to handle persons that may offend or is disagreeable is to ignore on the forums (click on their profile -> press ignore).

In terms of hard-and-fast rules on the Bug Reports forum, it is encouraged to be technical. But there was a "Grasping Bones" thread with 14 pages of bumps so there is leeway depending on the developers and moderators.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

They probably went to the trouble of painting you a picture since when people have tried to warn you in the past using words you've totally ignored them.
    Avirodar, Melt and Priority like this.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

Hey, that's me you're talking about!

He was presenting a bug to the devs. Not a question, not something that's being done wrong, a bug. That's why it was in the section titled "Bug Reports".
    Tkia and Priority like this.
  8. Sonnenne New Member

Wow.

That's all I have to say is wow.

I'm sniveling and whining? Get a reality check. I don't believe I'm the one spouting off in ridiculous caps and terrible punctuation over somebody that was brutally honest in a technical section of the forum. Posts go in there to get things done, not fan over sigrgrifa or go off about how awesome your mystic is.
    Avirodar, Melt, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Either way, this thread itself is likely going to devolve quickly. It's locked.
    Breanna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.