No inheritance vouchers for alts after latest update

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fistpower, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Fistpower Well-Known Member

No matter what I do, characters created after the latest update does not get the inheritance vouchers and thus cant buy stuff off the merchant.

Anyone else have this issue?
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

do the voucher not show in the new characters currency tab of the character sheet?
  3. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Nope.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

you might want to /bug in game as well
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

What, exactly, is an inheritance voucher? I've never heard this term used in this game before. :confused:
  6. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

Is anyone else experiencing this bug? I'm unable to reproduce it locally, but because of the way account-wide currency works, I suspect I'm unable to replicate the same environments you guys are in.

Merriel, to answer your question, he's referring to the currency tokens you receive when completing Heritage Quests on Fallen Gate. They allow you to purchase higher level versions of the heritage items on live servers, but it sounds like his newly created characters aren't properly accessing the tokens.

Fist: If you can PM me the name and server of your character that initially acquired the vouchers, I can try investigating further. Also, which server are you creating the new characters on?
    Thanks!
    Lateana and Meneltel like this.
  7. Amity New Member

I am having this issue right now
  8. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

9. Devildog New Member

So I've had this problem since I returned to the game. I submitted a petition a few days ago, and yesterday, their solution was to link me this thread. I sent you a PM yesterday morning.
  10. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Ye I submitted a customer support ticket too and they refered my to my own thread here.

Any updates?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

None yet. I'll ping some folks and see if they can take another look.
    Rosyposy and Meneltel like this.
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Ping them so hard that they pong back with a fix! *grins maliciously*
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ahh, thank you for the explanation, Fyreflyte. Another thing I refuse to participate in as I feel that 'enticing' players to play on other servers is a bad strategy and in my case, unwelcome. Much as I'd love to have those heritage rewards, it is against my principles to participate in an activity that I disagree with. :)
  14. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

Spoke to Caith and Jamiss a bit, and they're on it. This system requires a component that updates inventories each time a new character is logged in so that it can keep all of them synced up. At some point, something within the system broke such that it only syncs up when a value is changed (for some accounts... sometimes). It's not very straightforward to reproduce, so it's taking them awhile to pin down. They sounded reasonably confident that they'd have it fixed soon. If I hear any more updates, I'll post them here.
    Rosyposy, Juraiya and Meneltel like this.
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Thank you, Fyreflyte, for the update. It is appreciated.
  16. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Just wanted to add that census seems to be broken for some characters too? Maybe its related, maybe not but if you could pass it along that would be great.
  17. Amity New Member

I sent in a ticket and was told to come here to get help?
  18. Amity New Member

I have 2 accounts, I only have the issue on one of the 2 accounts...
  19. Fistpower Well-Known Member

If you update the ticket with the voucher you want, customer support can do that. Me and a few of my guildies had them manually add them within a few hours.
  20. Amity New Member

I want them all? lol, I have done I think 24 HQs....