No caster animation on necro pet

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Zonon, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Zonon New Member

Hi,

My necromancer caster pet has no casting animation, he is just standing there.

I have...
    reset all settings
    removed all cache files
    tested a new necro char
    uninstalled EQ2 including removing EQ2 directory

Still same issue.....
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Do you have your pet window set to just follow, or do you have it set to Assist and Protect? If you don't have it set to assist you when you fight they will just stand there.
  3. Khieran Active Member

Are you talking about the Grim Sorceror pet? If so, I have the same problem. He just stands there looking menacing, but he's actually doing damage (I can see it in the combat log)
  4. Wilowsong Active Member

I would open a support ticket and see if they can get it resolved for you.
  5. Zonon New Member

Was returning to EQ2 looking forward starting a new necro but the animation bug is ruining the whole experience for me :(
    Looking at the forums this bug had been pressent for over a year and nothing is done about it, why is DBG ignoring it?

I will open a ticket.

/Z
  6. Zonon New Member

So i opened a ticket the other day and got a respons back.

"Double check that you have your Auto Attack set to Auto and see if that helps.
    If there's anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us."

So that was the answer to my ticket, in the ticket i wrote among other things:

---
    My necromancer pets are not working.
    - Caster pet has no caster animations.

I have:
    - Reset all settings in EQ2
    - Did a clear casch from the launcher.
    - Started a new necromancer
    - Uninstalled and deleted all EQ2 files and did a clean reinstall.

Did a search on the web and found other ppl having the same issue a year ago, no solution since. No fun experience at all.
    Any ETA on this bugfix?
    ---

So this bug has been around för over a year and no fix yet.....
  7. Erevos New Member

Having the same problem here, did you find a solution?
  8. Barathol New Member

I know this is old, but I would like to bump this thread because the issue still remains. I hope the devs realize how jarring this is to not have animations for pets and it takes from the moment because you have a pet not looking like it's attacking. Pet class players love that stuff and it is immersion breaking. This is a critical issue that needs to be fixed!!!!

I hope this short clip illustrates the severity of this problem and shows the devs what the problem actually is.