Nizara - Question on killing named.

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-StaboCA, Oct 4, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-StaboCA Guest

Finally got around to going through Nizara with a decently equipped guild group.

Impressions - While a number of people on the boards have bashed the loot in the zone, to heck with the loot, I was just happy to have some challenging group content for a change. Maybe there are some tough group zones that I'm not aware of, but the only group content I'm come across this hard is the new Nek castle. While we did wipe a few times, well, more than a few. We had a blast.

Only problem is that a couple named we ran into seemed unkillable. Lifetaps and self-heals kept them going forever. This wouldn't be a problem if their power was being used up - we could wear them down - but it wasn't. Their power never budged the entire fight. Soon as we'd get them down a few health bars, they'd heal themselves, but use no power in the process. After 15 minutes or so of pounding away, and unable to see any progress being made, we did a group FD and moved on.

So the question is, are there some specific strategies for killing these Nizara named mobs - some artifact or something - or was our instance just bugged in that they didn't use any power when fighting?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Rhedkin
    70 Templar Everfrost
  2. ARCHIVED-mkd1200 Guest

dont use magic damage on the herb name
  3. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Bring more DPS.
  4. ARCHIVED-IllusiveThoughts Guest

the heals are a factor of too much dps. the more dps the more heals. 19k + heals too and when the mob is oop also.
    the mob was designed to be a controlled burn, not full blast.
    just let the tank burn the mob down, and feed the healer, toss in a stun /stilfe when you can but do not let anyone else dps, but do not go over 800 group dps.
  5. ARCHIVED-ChuMann Guest

Since this thread is here, I'd like to throw my 2cp in about this zone. First, like most everyone who has been there, I really appreciate the difficulty of the encounters in Nizara. But secondly, this zone is still bugged to hell. Mobs continue to aggro 2-3 floors above or below you for what appears to be no real reason. Mobs continue to path through walls or get stuck in them altogether. Last time I was in there, we caught this bug where not one... not two... but THREE GROUPS OF NAGA (about 10 total) camped the respawn at the entrance and there was no way we could take them, so we ended up zoning out.

I really really like this zone, but the bugs make it so incredibly frustrating that it makes me not want to go now that I've finished The Rift quest. Traps are one thing, but what goes on in there are obvious bugs that seem like a relatively easy fix.
  6. ARCHIVED-khufure Guest

Seconded. We had one of our DPS (an assassin) drop due to the linkdead bug. It was just my conjuror, and we were fighting the herb-dagger guy for a while (> 15m). With two decent dpsers it was easy.
  7. ARCHIVED-FightGame Guest

Ok so half the people say more dps, while others say slow (under800group dps) , controlled burn.

I guess different things work for different people.

Answer= GL
  8. ARCHIVED-TheBladesCaress Guest

There are 2 healing mobs...

Zhi'feng, Lady of Darkness ... Read your logs.... it tells you why she casts Blackheal on herself... More DPS is not the answer .

Vzee'rist the Overseer. More DPS is the answer. This one just heals at a certain rate, you need to DPS faster.
  9. ARCHIVED-capten Guest

We clear this place on a daily basis.
    Loot is great some even better than fabled items (or equal), the zone is very demanding thou
    For the herb named just do melee damage and she goes down eventually.

Sheela
    70 Inquisitor on Splitpaw
  10. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

I also concur on the herb named. Only melee dps, and only throw debuffs at the begining. Pets that cast, some procs (not all) and damage spells cause her to heal. Its extremely slow to kill if you are a primarily mage group, but fast as heck with a brig to debuff in the beginning, and melee dps to do the damage.
  11. ARCHIVED-checker1 Guest

Whats the Trick with the Magic Weaver.....Aeri'ssth or something. We fought her 5 times the other night, one fight being over 30 minutes. We got her down to about 30% before our dps ran OOP then she just healed to 50 and stayed there. We switched off her and tried to burn down the adds, same thing got them to 50 and they stayed there. We took a heavy caster dps group and just couldn't down her. Was trying to see if it was something with the adds she spawns causeing her to heal bought couldnt see anything. We did about 800k dps to her in 25 minutes on the fight i parsed.
  12. ARCHIVED-TheBladesCaress Guest

She recasts her pet every 15s or so, and that pet taunts. If you dont manually change targets back to the named, you will waste all your DPS on pets that get recast. So, manually target back to the named every time your target changes.
  13. ARCHIVED-mikemcmodmike Guest

We cleared the zone but had problems with the last name. Any tips on killing her? We would kill one add and then wiped. Tried to quickly rebuff and take her again. This time we charmed the other add but it was still too much damage for our healers to heal the MT. We went in with an inquis and fury.
  14. ARCHIVED-Caetrel Guest

The times I did it our coercer mezzed the adds on the pull and we burned the named. You basically have to take the adds out of the fight and deal with just the named, the encounter parses about 3k dps, as though it were an epic x4. Just the named does a little over 1k which is doable. The adds have got to be removed from the encounter to win.
  15. ARCHIVED-Winterblut Guest

Zhi'feng, Lady of Darkness --------> u can burn this mob down quickly with casters too, just make sure u stun and interrupt alot.
  16. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

Hmm, I have to say I'm not too terribly impressed with the zone. With the exception of the last named, I've been in there with a 3 boxed Bruiser, Warden, Conjuror, a Wizard, myself, and a Mystic. We can EASILY kill everything except the final named, and in fact I was only invited to come along as a tag-along. They did JUST fine themselves the several times before me.

Its more fun than say HoF, but not the end all of great zones. But to each their own. There IS some fun in there and some great loot :)