Ninja changes ?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kalika, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

1) My necro cannot heal herself with transfert life anymore, she was not doing it in combat much but she used quite much out of combat and indeed most of the time after a chest explosion. I don t know if it is intentional.

2) my very first sk (she is fun) just got tap the veins and yes it does not heal at all, i don' t know if it healed before. O m quite sure that you got 1 heal proc per mob in the area, and i m sure that i saw all the time SK going from 20% to 80 with that bloodcloud variant. Sks were complaning on the general chat about loosing their only decent heal.

The only thing i saw in the patch note is that scouts and tanks don' t neeed to time auto attack anymore.
  2. Lexington New Member

Transfer Life takes health from YOU and gives it to an ALLY. You can't transfer health from yourself, to yourself, that wouldn't make any sense. Life Tap, on the other hand, takes life from an enemy Target and gives it to you. That is your self heal.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

I know but you got it wrong, tranfert life is mainly a heal other spell, but due to potency and crit you can also use it on you and get more health than you loose. It's convenient mostly out of combat, since in combat we have lifetap. I also use it in combat to heal my pet more.

I used it (on me) mostly : after a chest exploded, after a FD to recover, when in group s healer rezzed me.

In group i use it on tank if he is spiking, them on healers if they get low and always on someone i rez. This is still working.
  4. Ookabea New Member

I have always used Transfer Life to heal myself as well. Is this a permanent change, or just another bug?
  5. Somedude Active Member

Pretty sure this change was to fix it. As it used to work as it does now.

Tap Veins does still heal, but it only taps the direct target now and not every target of the AoE. Also don't know if it is intended. If it is, I hope the when the NPCs cast it now in raids they no longer heal off every player in raid as well.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Transfer Life has always been able to be casted on the necro for as long as I remember.

I could be wrong, but at least in the past when I had a necro back in like 2011/2012 I used to do it.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

Sad necro ...

I checked parser for Tap Veins, it heals absolutely NEVER.
  8. Stories Of Old New Member

Tap veins has been this way for 14 years. This is a huge nerf to the class. I will seriously quit the game sk is my favorite class. Go ahead so good bye to me, they coming for your class next.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

It was an more than likely accidental change from the previous version.

When the game actually has any slight difficulty you get reaver, which makes every CA you cast allow you to actually outheal a paladin and literally any other tank in game until battle frenzy/adrenaline. Even then it's super close because you get crusader's faith.

I think the change is fine, I still see SK's doing decent heal parses much higher than literally every other tank in game, parse more than any other tank except maybe zerkers, and still have decently cool hats.

I'm amazed that one button doesn't 100% heal a player, (like no other button in game does (currently in game!)) and instead does a moderate heal and every SK is in tears. It's priceless.
  10. Somedude Active Member

You are wrong =)

At launch necro could not cast it on themselves. I'm trying to remember when it changed, if I had to guess LU13.
  11. Somedude Active Member

SK is still strong and fun to play. Yes, I can no longer PL without a healer.

I agree, its an odd thing to change after 10 years, but in reality, it wasn't exactly balanced to have a complete heal up every 45 seconds. They could have adjusted this differently and lowered the max targets, but personally I like the damage on it and continue to use almost the same way as before the change.

Class is still crazy strong, probably shouldn't have been able to heal as well as a paladin, so not surprised on the adjustment. Only thing surprising is they waited this long to adjust it.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

Act says it heals Zero, this does not match the description at all.

And well Paladins have Lay on Hand, a persommal self heal (~70%), a lower heal other (~25%), a group heal (15%) , Berzeker still do have a sort of complete heal (if many targets) , Monks do have tsunami ...

Instead of breaking fun classes they should fix shaman and templars, just roll a lvl 1 mystic or templar and a summoner and compare how long it takes you to get to 20. And consider yourself in classic so no AAs, no steadfast, no cool doggy to offtank.
    Stories Of Old likes this.
  13. Hydraulics Member

What is wrong with Templar and shaman? Literally the two strongest healers.
  14. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well just roll 1 and do the frostfang time line, dog/steadfast/yaulp or other *** are not allowed, it s doable but slow. It may be worst with a bard or a guardian.

Strongest healer ? well i raided years with warden/templar (g2) and warden/mystic (g1) anmd the wardens outparsed the 2 others each time we had a new kill. But once tanks got equipped warden hps dropped to almost zero -- unless something got wrong --

Druids are as good or even better for heroic but yes mail/plate healer are almost compulsory for raid due to the usual mecanics -- high spiked damage on the tank(s) --

I often read message like " Pl group or instance group looking for non mail or non plate healer" you will never see the same message with " non leather " . Chain/plate are great is a well organized group in which tank takes most of the damage but to fool around with messy pick up groups druids are way better.

But of course if your goal is to raid then of course templar and shaman are always needed.
  15. Jupiter Member

I don't think SKs are upset because Tap Veins only does a moderate heal. I think they're upset because it doesn't heal at all.

Unless this is more of the 'pretend broken stuff is not broken' thing that's going around.
    Dude likes this.
  16. Jupiter Member

learn to not post things that are wrong and we'll talk :)
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

When you look at your ACT logs, look for a heal called "Tap". That is the heal component to Tap Veins. If you read the tooltip it tells you that.
  18. Jupiter Member

When you look at your ACT logs, look for a heal called "Tap". Let me know when you find it. I'll be waiting.

A while.

Because it doesn't work.
  19. Kalika Well-Known Member

Last PL run :
    Voracious soul 34%
    Aura of leadership 24%
    Grim strike 14%
    Painbringer 13%
    Devour Vitae 9%
    Unholy strike 3%
    Life draw 2%

The Regenerating rune in mostly for PL runs ... and is only rank 4.
  20. Stories Of Old New Member

You don't nerf something after 14 years. If you think somethings wrong with balance, buff the other tanks. This just pisses people off