Nights of the Dead 2022 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Kaitheel Developer

As for the inexplicable troubles within The Hedge Hollow, we appreciate all of the reports and additional information you all have provided via the forums and /bug reports. We are looking at it, and hope to have some encouraging news about it as soon as possible. Know that the issue is not being ignored.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

This time I got off the horse, and then tried the ghost gathering. I got 40. Too few for the leader board though.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. DragonTayl Member

Thanks Kaitheel! I remember a few years ago there was similar trouble and it was neatly fixed after a few days.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Killing everythign DOES NOT up my stats anymore, this is definitely not right. Hope it gets fixed
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good heavens! The same issue with the buffs not kicking in? :-/

Do you remember what they did to fix it? Is it on the forums from back then...

There seems to be a difference between some players, though; some aren't having any difficulties at all, whereas others of us (/raising_paw) aren't having any luck at all. :(

Uwk
    Geroblue likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

7. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Hedge Hollow cut scenes: Still really buggy. The gnome cut scene took a full minute of blackness before and at least thirty seconds of blackness after a very chopped up version of what the cut scene used to be.

Edit to add: After a messed up cut scene for the last boss, it ended in a black screen followed by popping back to normal game where the NPC was standing there all normal and fine. Couldn't finish the zone, he wasn't attackable.
  8. Michaile New Member

When the cut scene messes up and he is still standing there unattackable, click the statue to get sent back to the beginning of the maze and run through it again. Eventually it will work and you'll be able to kill him, I've had to run through up to 6 times before being able to kill him (Rarely does it work first time and then that is early in the morning).
  9. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Thanks! I was in a hurry to go somewhere IRL, so I didn't have time to run back through the maze again. Maybe I'll try later...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Michaile like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/sigh

I've got 9 newbs I have to run through it, and I'd love it if Kaitheel and His Wonder Workers (awesome band name, imho! :D) could get it fixed before the end of the holiday... :-/

I'm wondering if there's any technical info help in any of our logs?

Uwk
    Geroblue and Twyla like this.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

Just right click the statue and select to just step out of the centre.
    Michaile and Geroblue like this.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

After some examination and testing, a change was submitted to Test and live servers yesterday that should resolve the troubles with The Hedge Hollow. You should now find that both of the bosses you fight, after gathering the Frictionless Piece of Eight, can be defeated.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

Took the necro through again and the fiights seem more normal but the Altius cutscene is still weird. it gave no blank, no moon shot, no transformation during the dialogue, very long blank screen then came out to him transformed and agro.
  14. DragonTayl Member

Thank you. I have attempted it again. I got a LOT further against Altius but still defeated. I'm level 67. The buff is working to some degree but not every mob affects the statistics, only a few of them (I'll pay more attention next time through to see who). I've done this hedge maze literally hundreds of times over the years. I love this one. But something is off this season.

Note: I was always able to get as far as Altius (even against Raven, pretty straightforward) but taking out every mob in the zone and having beaten him year after year after year there is still something off at least at these levels.

Edit: I have now tried on tank, healer, and DPS and even got a few guildies to try (all around level 65-75) and only our capped or near capped can take him down. What I noticed as different than years past is how much damage Altius is doing. I feel as though we had a bigger regen and maybe better mitigation? Confirmed you do not get buffs off of every mob. Only a few of them. And the Frictionless Piece of Eight did not appear to buff me at all.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Granted, its "buffs" on the tin of the PoE (Piece of Eight) are all deliberately silly nonsense, and I hadn't noticed any other direct change in buffs over the years between my stats upon "getting" it (i.e., wolfing out after losing it) and arriving at Altius, but I must admit, I hadn't looked until this year, when it became an issue. :(

What I do remember in years past is the fights getting progressively easier, especially after the PoE part; by the time of the Nom Noms on the porch, if I had a decent AoE ability, I could take them all on at once and expect to plow through them all pretty easily, even if the nearby Hedge Lurker joined us. I could take out the scary-looking three up arrow half-dude scaring the gnome without too many blows, and Altius keyed me up and kept me on my toes, but didn't terrify me, or frustrate me to the point where I never thought I would ever beat him (except for with my Coercer, but I learned from other players: focus on the STR branch of the AA Tree, and you won't need to worry again. They were right). :-/

There are lots of other opponents out there, even during the holidays, even during other Nights of the Dead instances and events, that are challenging enough. Can't we just go back to our usual delightful aerobic work-out romp through the Maze without needing to worry about having to do it twice (let alone more than half a dozen times, if we want the second time rewards and Altius is virtually unkillable by everyone except level 125s)? :(

Uwk
    who still remembers a marked increase in everything (combat stats and otherwise), the few times spent looking at the Character Sheet on occasion, and the delightful surge of green healing +numbers floating by vs. the "Spirit of the Night" my opponents this year generously grace me with every once in a rare while in the Combat tab, which is not foremost on my screen so I don't always catch it X-P
    Geroblue and Herne like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another question: has anyone managed to kill Altius but still die themselves this year? Does his death count, or do you still have to face him in the center again after running back from your rez point at the entrance, to finish the quest? :-/

Uwk
  17. Herne Active Member

Still not working, all content released nowadays seems to be aimed at the level 125s.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ouch. I don't have any of those. :(

Uwk
    who remembers taking even lowly teen newbs through it successfully... :(
    Geroblue and Herne like this.
  19. Herne Active Member

Neither do I, look at Lord of the Rings Online with their next expansion (levels 1-32)
    How great would it be if EverQuest 2 did something similar? a new starting zone for example.
  20. Michaile New Member

Thanks for the info on right clicking the statue! As for Altius, I know this morning I had a very long black screen and finally loaded in to Altius having me down to 20% health and killing me before I could do anything. Sometimes that cutscene loads semi slow and other times like that one it is very slow/long.