Nights of the Dead 2022 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 30, 2022.

1. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Did the Test update actually happen? Just checked and all the items listed still the same size as before.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Any chance that Eyes of Fright might be allowed as appearance for a flying mount, please? Otherwise it's going to end up just a really expensive house item for most players...
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! So many folks are freaked out by spiders, it's nice to see they have some fans. :)

Uwk
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  4. Test Taffies Active Member

Category: Mechanics
    SubCategory: Combat
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: The Hedge Hollow
    Character: Level 34 Necromancer

Summary: Atlius volban - overpowered for level or I'm not regening enough
    Description: Sso... I never finished the NOTD maze the first time, (figured its because I was still in new character armor) so i went and got appropriate level gear level 32 (all but weapon) came back to the hollow hedge maze. leveled up on the way to the big wolf bad guy atlius volban, to 34. seems like all mobs outside of him have been killed. Using pet or not, my regen (the boosted one from the loss of the coin, and the rage boost.) does not keep up with the damage he (atlius volban) is dealing me. My spells dont seem to do enough damage, my pet dies easilly even when healing him(the pet). As a necro unless something has occurred I've never in the past had this problem with this mob (on any character). So something seems a bit off to me. What that is exactly... I do not know, but regen amounts/speed my attack or spells worthless. Even standing there doing nothing character dies. Thought regen was suppose to prevent the characters death in this event. :(
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh; here I was, just about to jump in to put in my two coppers...

Normally by the time I get to Raven and her batty buddies, I'm a lean, mean, unstoppable killing machine. I'm running with a level 29 Beastlord (with XP->AA turned to max so I don't level prematurely, before I can get my alts to get me gear), with all those advantages, and had dinged from 28 to 29 within the maze, so the formerly white level mobs were now blue, which back in the day, didn't matter how many up arrows they had; I could still pulverize them very quickly.

This time, was still having a surprisingly tough time killing things, even before getting to Raven. Usually, by the time I get there, boom, one to two hits, she's down, gone, her bats are gone, nothing left but a Chest, which hopefully doesn't contain some silly bit of armor I already have 80 sets of already, but a cool Raven plushie instead. :)

This time, they killed me. I was shocked! That hasn't happened in like years, since the first year or two I started running the maze -- which, according to the recipe book, was about 14-15 years ago. :-/

Something tells me, the "juice 'em up 'cause they're junior werewolves now since the entrance fight" hasn't been turned on. :-/

Uwk
    Whilhelmina and Carynn like this.
  6. Test Taffies Active Member

Category: Mechanics
    SubCategory: Items
    Severity: Cosmetic
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: An Abandoned Mansion
    Character: Level 34 Necromancer

Summary: petamorph wand:predatory silkspinner - no change pet
    Description: in the apparition's mansion aka the broken mirrors quest. The petamorph wand doesn't change my pet to be a spider.
  7. Test Taffies Active Member

Totally forgot that it was a FF event and not part of NoTD. headbang DOH! Thanks!!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

I am at a loss here. Nothing within the The Hedge Hollow has been purposely changed (other than the drop amount of the necklace), but I did go in search of anything that may have been inadvertently changed. I did find some spells and buffs that were edited in anticipation of the Kael Drakkel Lore and Legend server. I am not sure if this affected your experience or not. I have sent this issue to others in hopes of some assistance.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

Did you two remember to backoff and stop hitting Altius (including pets and mercs) when he was glowing red? If not, no amount of regen is going to get you through that in one piece.
  10. Sadoc Member

Will Varson have the Headless horsemen event for loot and xp?
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I didn't even get to Altius yet. In prior years, with various classes (including Beastlords), by the time he went red, I was pretty much handing him his tail. The one exception was with Coercers until I heard from a helpful soul that you really need to focus on the Strength line of the AA tree to survive, since you can't bring in any pets you might have made with you into the center. :-/

And yep, my Coercers after that did just fine against him. :)

This year, it's different. Not sure how. :-/

Uwk
    hoping that I can get past Raven and win, eventually, against Altius
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, tried again. Nope. X-P

One thing I did notice, and I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it, but it almost seemed like I got weaker as time went on after wolfing out on the porch after dropping the Fabulous Frictionless Piece of Eight. Though I did win all my fights up until Raven, it did seem like the others were tougher than they usually are, and they were blue to me still, since I'd dinged again while in the hedge (I had to leave and come back in, thus starting all over again). Raven's bats, however, did not change in level color at all, still yellow, and it was the summoned bats that killed me. I can't do a thing to them, and that's unusual.

I'd Stealthed, shot her initially with a Glacial Lance I had Grandmastered, gave her something to think about, but those dirt bags she was with were impassable. :-/

Looks like I'm gonna have to Mentor down again for this dungeon, too, thus starting all over... X-P

Uwk
    who kind of misses being an uber-mega-werewolf...those were the days :(
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Tried again, mentored down before going back in again from level 31 to 20. That is the ONLY thing that saved me from the damn bats.

Everything else, was pretty much like the old days; it was glorious, being able to move through it all like a hot knife through butter again, until I got to the three-up arrow thing chasing after the gnome. That wasn't the weird thing; the weird thing was the complete lack of a cut-scene, even the short one there. There was a hiccup, then the gnome finally showed up to follow his dialogue, and the thingee caught up to me long before he caught up to the gnome.

Weird. :-/

Worse weird was the maze center, where the cut-scene there didn't start up at all for the longest time (and I was thinking: "Well, good news is, we're not afflicted by the Dev Who Thought He Was Steven Spielberg again, but bad news is, Altius will probably wolf-out when I'm least expecting it and I'll get my face eaten off. Bummer."), and after it finally did, the Monologue of Altius and the subtitles were more off than the worst foreign language movie from the old days. When we finally got to a place where we could interact with each other, for the longest time, he was not considered an enemy, and I couldn't attack him. When he "came to," he was already just about at the red stage, and the only way I survived (barely) was by drinking a Health potion. :-/

Uwk
    who really, really isn't sure about doing that damn thing AGAIN just for the sake of the Lost Necklace (and who back in the day, couldn't wait to jump back in again)... X-P
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Once more, dear friends, into the breach... X-P

The stupid cut-scene for the Gnome and Co. messed up again, as did the cut-scene in the center with Altius. He puked long before he was supposed to this time, went through all his lines and was standing there as Wolfzilla long before he was "supposed" to, then the screen went black for about oh, I'd say a good minute or two into the boss fight. X-P

Needless to say, I lost that one. I could've won it, probably (not as much of a given as it was in the Elder Days, when the world was young [like, last year]), if my toon hadn't been literally blinded for entirely too long.

Do we really need the stupid cut-scenes any more? Can't he just be "Not an enemy" long enough for him to do his lines without the (literal) "drama"? Because this is getting ridiculous. >:-/

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nope, it seems to be broken. I think I'm gonna have to forego it this year. It isn't working.

Uwk
    who thinks games should be fun, not a reason to chuck one's computer out the nearest window
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Is anyone else experiencing issues like this in The Hedge Hollow?

Test Taffies, have you attempted this again?

Can anyone give specifics as to changes you've noticed?

~ Kaitheel
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Did you notice a drop in regen or a specific stat going down?

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I have listed the participation on Varsoon in the OP.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Sadoc Member

Thank you!
  20. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it, Uwk...the cut scene for the Pandas versus Erudite battle in Sundered Frontier failed the play on live the other day. Are cut scenes not working right now?

I didn't report it because I've seen it a million times, and I just assumed it was my computer.