Nights of the Dead 2022 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I crafted and placed everything down in my usual house (Opera House, Qeynos under Leucosia - Medium homes under the name "NOTD 2022") at default size except the trees.

I love the reuse of the Anointed Altar Bowl of Bertoxxulous!
    Mount is especially great and I love the trees and the dark light.

Awesome house items, thanks a lot!

And good luck Kaitheel!
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

confirming Altius Volfban MISSING in Nek forest by the tent near dock, on a brand new character.

Not on track either.

I'm gonna go run the city haunted house in case this is one of those quests dependent on having that completed beforehand
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

Altius certainly seems to be missing as he's not responing to the /target trick either.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'll be working with my newest Test toon and checking on him. Thanks for the heads' up! :-/

Uwk
  5. Raeven Well-Known Member

I asked the guard at docks where Altius was, and he didn't know either. If he had sunk into the sand, wouldn't the guard still know he was there?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  6. Toplait New Member

Not sure where to start at. No in game email was delivered. I'm just wondering around like Moses lost in the desert.

Pretend I'm new to game and have no clue to what the Nights of the Dead Celebration is. There needs to be a questline to take you from point A to point B to point C.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Toplait New Member

So far I've explored Nek forest. Picked up a few collections. Killed a few skeletons on the docks. No quests for nights of dead other then the one on the docks, "Which was creature cataloging." Went to spawn location of pumpkin headed horseman. Nothing appeared to be there roaming around.

I then decided to go check out Loping Plains. Picked up a few collections and raw materials. Attempted to kill the Headless
    Horseman. Got killed by pumpkins exploding even when there was not even any around, "Invisible pumpkins." Respawned. Collected some quests. I was doing pretty good almost made a 360 around the tree. Was fun while it lasted.

Decided to give up and run some shard zones since my group is only around level 76. I have no clue where to go.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The wiki is your friend: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Nights_of_the_Dead
  9. Kaitheel Developer

D'Oh! That was a left over bullet point from a previous list, you are correct, Chikkin.

I have removed it from my post now. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  10. Kaitheel Developer

At this stage of Varsoon's progression, you will get event specific merchant NPCs in Freeport and Qeynos who sell some holiday themed house items and equipment for you to don and decorate with!

~ Kaitheel
  11. Carynn Well-Known Member

Have you fixed this to no longer require the necklace to start? I asked last year about this, and this is a reminder. Very few people do this HQ now and having to get the necklace to start after all this time makes people opt out.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

I have the following changes headed to Test.
    • Nights of the Dead in-game mail should now be sent, as intended.
    • A Nightmarish Illness - Altius Volfban is back at the docks, sick from that very mysterious illness.
    • Large Bone Barrier - Default size has been increased.
    • Simple Bone Barrier - Default size has been increased.
    • Crude Bone Barrier - Default size has been increased.
    • Necromancer's Summoning Ceremony - Size has been increased.
    • Petamorph Wand: Incensed Lich - Pet size increased.
    • Trick or Treatskiller - Placing candy dishes is now available for those repeating the quest.
    I don't know when it all will be on Test, but it should be listed in the update notes at that time.

Again, thank you all for hitting this content as quickly and as thoroughly as you did! We're going to get these issues ironed out before they go live thanks to you!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

I didn't remove the necklace, no, but I have now tripled the amount of necklaces that drop. They are no longer lore. And I have confirmed that the PQ is started by the removal of one necklace from your inventory.

That should lower the complication involved with starting the PQ multiple times for additional attempts.

The update note to watch for is:
    • a lost necklace - More of these drop per qualifying reward chest.
    ~ Kaitheel
    Whilhelmina, Carynn, Twyla and 4 others like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, Test Update Day is Friday the 7th, so we should be good! :)

Uwk
    Kaitheel likes this.
  15. Merker Member

My question does not have anything to do with TEST or in-game content. My daughter has an affinity to spiders, so will the Salticid mount be making a comback this year in the MP? She is 7 and we play together and would love that mount. ;o)
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno; the event is still only on Test, and it's definitely in-game content (at least the Marketplace), so I think your question has everything to do with this! :)

Welcome to you and your daughter! :D

Have fun! :)

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  17. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

This hat. I love these outfits, but I think all of them except the purple and green ones have this cosmetic issue. The cloth under the hat doesn't go all the way up to the hat, so you get kind of a male pattern baldness look instead of a smooth cloth/hat look. Top two images are the purple and green outfit, bottom two are the ones I just dug up on Test.

[IMG]
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Looks like it should be! It seems to be one of the items that becomes available from Marketplace with the annual return of the holiday. I'm tickled your daughter will get a kick out of it!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Well... that's something.

I'll alert art of the issue. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I noticed that problem on the witch outfit too, the head scarf does not always meat the hat.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.