Nights of the Dead 2020 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Point taken for sure, though the PQ acts the same way as all previous PQs and we provided feedback on those. It is also not possible to test the PQs on the test server with similar gear and player setups as would appear on live.

I suggest just coding them at max level T1 raid x4s or something like that. All Public Quest mobs scale player damage in an unusual way and it has been reported at least since KA. For instance, a single Beastlord can out damage roughly an entire raid on the BoL PQs because pet damage isn't scaled the same way as player damage.

Anyways, it's quite noticeably "off" but the content is completable so I guess it doesn't matter much in the end.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Bizarrely my monk today is currently and consistently topping the PQ parse by 25-100% from the nearest person, including a lot of pet classes. Yesterday I was way off. Same group setup, buffs, gear etc. Very odd.
  3. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is just weird how is scales people.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Isn't this the first year for it as a PQ? I imagine it'll settle down after its maiden voyage shakedown cruise. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

For the Broken Mirrors, I have 2 problems with this quest:
    1) Attempting to do this quest on a very low level alt generally results in the spirit draining health and power faster than I can kill all of the spirit bottles. Even with a set of mastercrafted armor, weapons, mostly mastercrafted jewelry, and a full set of experts (granted it's only about 5 spells right now, but still)...I'm getting just barely to the end and I am dying from lack of power and HP.
    2) Dying in the zone, or leaving and returning to the zone tends to bug out the quest so that the spirit bottles at the end do not show up and the named retains a damage prevent at 26% that I cannot do anything about, except delete the quest and hope I can get it again.

This zone has turned out to be frustrating almost every year I've done it for either one of these reasons. On my higher level toons, I have almost no problem with the first one, unless I die. But every single year, I've had a problem with the second reason I've listed.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I'm also having trouble with the low level toon with Night of the Barking Dead. At lvl 5, the character does not have a cure, and is being damaged for more than she can heal, especially by the linked trio near the back. I can't seem to get past them. I finally gave up outta frustration.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They're not gonna be recruiting a lot of new players at level 1 at this rate... :-/

My issue is a lot less vexing, but still annoying (whereas yours seems infuriating, Mercy; just glad I haven't done 'em at low levels [oh, wait, I'm misremembering; I did tried to do Barking Dead in my early double digits and failed at about the same spot; gave up on it entirely], but even then, Broken Mirrors took way too long and was way too frustrating)...

The RNG for collectible glowies ("A Swinging Wake") needs to be tightened. Considerably. There's only, what, 8 pieces? And they only stack up to 20 each? Whereas the candies stack pretty appreciably (2,000 per for the Candy Corn if you convert it all), we need to be able to gather them in certain multiples for ease of conversion, and they're the main ingredient for crafting; their RNG needs to be loosened considerably, imho. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I finally gave up on trying to do those two quests this year, and if I'm still here next year, I'll do them then.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

Another thing with the Broken Mirrors quest.

When leaving the Abandoned Mansion after you've finished, your mount disappears, and you have to resummon it. It's been like this since the quest was put in, I believe. I've never had any other zone punt me off my mount like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

At least not when you go outside... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thought I'd seen this before on a forum thread, but when I went to make the Gilded Bench of Hate and Gilded Bookcase of Scorn from the Celebration of the Dead XII (last year's; might've seen it back then), all I got as a notice, either in the "billboard" that pops up on my screen or in the Chat window, is You created 2 [Gilded]. for either recipe. I haven't tried making the other Vol. XII Gilded items, but I have a feeling the result will be the same. :(

If it IS from last year's... :-/

Uwk