Nights of the Dead 2020 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Nights of the Dead has been activated on Test server!

Goblins and ghoulies emerge from the dark crevices across Norrath in celebration of Nights of the Dead!

New adventures await you in Nektulos Forest, while some returning challenges have had some new rewards added to them. Whether you’re digging up a ghoulish good time in your favorite city, hunting ghosts in Antonica, or the Commonlands, or investigating any of the other haunted locations on this mortal plane, Terris-Thule is bound to have a good scare in store for you!

Those inclined to celebrate the holiday with a few crafting tricks or treats will find a new book of recipes full of new house items to craft, sold by Lil’ Boo, one of the official event merchants, while Haint, another merchant, sells the returning must-have items. There’s enough between the two of them to create your own haunted house!

New Features for '20!
    • TLE Server
      • Kaladim - the event is active, with the following exception:
        • Headless or Tails (Headless Horseman PQ replaces the Headless Horseman Epic X2 Event in Nektulos Forest)
      • In-game mail to announce TLE event
    • Live servers
      • New Overseer quests and Agents
      • 5 new quests
      • 1 new agent
      • Headless or Tails (New Headless Horseman PQ)
      • Added "Nights of the Dead treats" (candy) to drop as loot from Blood of Luclin undead and creepy crawlie beasts. It can either be sold to merchant for coin, or be used in tradeskilling.
      • 10 New house items and equipment sold by Lil’ Boo, a Nights of the Dead Merchant
      • 2 New costume illusions sold by Lil’ Boo, a Nights of the Dead Merchant
      • New holiday recipe book "Celebrations of the Dead XIII" available from Lil’ Boo, a Nights of the Dead Merchant
      • Returning merchant items and recipes are now being sold by Haint, a Nights of the Dead merchant, available in all player cities.
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail informs everybody of the event!
    • Achievements!
      • Baying at the Moon [series]
      • Calcified skeleton kills [series]
      • Wake the Dead
      • Candy Crusher
      • Closet Full of Skeletons
      • Tricky Treats
      • Ghost Hunter Extraordinaire
      • Nights of the Dead Devotee
    • Collections!
      • Werehunter's Survival Kit
      • Ghost Hunter's Pack
      • Grave Memories
      • Frightfully Frosted Cupcakes
      • A Swinging Wake
      • The Hollow Hedge Collection
      • Crunchy Candied Crickets
      • Deadly Remnants
      • Frightfull Fabric
      • Ghoulish Masks
      • The Great Haunt
    • Events!
      • Wake the Dead event in Qeynos, Freeport, Kelethin, New Halas, Gorowyn, Darklight Wood, Haven, Maj'Dul, and Great Divide.
        • New “Sanguine Witchcraft” clothing pieces added to the random treat box!
        • Removed the hitchhiking ghost girl
        • Gravedigger's Shovel – Can now be gathered if you do not have it in your inventory. (It no longer counts if you have it in your bank)
        • Gravedigger's Shovel – Item is no longer Lore
      • Haunted House in Qeynos and Freeport.
      • Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains
      • Haunted Hedgemaze Zone in Nektulos Forest!
        • Ceremonial Nightmarish armor pieces are worth 1 copper, once again, and have had two variant armor pieces added to the set
      • Calcified skeletons spawning in Antonica, the Commonlands, and Nektulos Forest.
      • Ponchy's quest line in Antonica.
      • Gigglegibber Goblins in the player cities that cast illusion costumes on players.
      • Candy drops!
    • Quests!
      • Night of the Barking Dead - repeatable annually
      • Broken Mirrors - repeatable annually
      • A Dream, By Any Other Name - repeatable annually
      • Survive the Night - repeatable annually
      • The Haunting - repeatable (18 hours)
      • This Won't End Well... - repeatable annually
      • There Will Be Ghosts - repeatable
      • A Nightmarish Illness - not repeatable
      • A Nightmarish Return - repeatable
    • Races!
      • Ghost Hunter: Commonlands
      • Ghost Hunter: Antonica

Please note: The scaling content should accommodate the new level cap (120). Please be sure to feedback any troubles you may encounter.

Due to the current update schedule, any feedback submitted after 9/20 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 10/08/20 at 12:01 AM PDT through 11/01/20 at 11:59 PM PDT on the live & TLE servers.

Happy hauntings!

~ Kaitheel
  2. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Can we adjust the PQ scaling so pets aren't 90% of the damage? Ideally, can we make the PQ just a regular raid mob that allows unlimited players to participate?

The current PQ scaling on live just doesn't make any sense...
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

1.) Hate fueled Lightpost: missing underside graphic.
    2.) Amber Jack-o-Lantern Pike: isn't snapping to the correct floor height.
    3.) Jade Jack-o-Lantern Pike: isn't snapping to the correct floor height.
    4.) White Candle Ringed by Russet Leaves: missing flame but has the effect.

All other Merchant and crafted house items resize and work good.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o wow here we go again , hold on to your bones
  5. Kasa Well-Known Member

1.) Nights of the Dead Brokenskull Shaman Costume: (not sure if this was intended or not) but shows on male and female characters as a female custom.
    2.) Nights of the Dead Maj'Dul costume is fine.
    3.) Petamorph Wand: Skeletal Prowler no problems.
    4.) Macabre Witchcraft Ensemble Crate is good.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Wooo hoooo! I love NOTD!
  7. Freddie_Mercury Member

Can more of the costumes persist through mounts? one of the biggest bummers about the costumes is most of them disappear any time you have a mount on, mount hidden or otherwise.. it would be nice to hide that ugly Sarnak of mine while on a mount.
  8. Erinna Member

Having crafted each of the new items, I can confirm what Kasa said above.

On the white candle, if you move away/zoom out far enough for the graphic of the candle to disappear, you can see the flame/glow, but as it's white, it can't be seen when you're at normal distance/zoom.

Just as a side note, I've placed one of each of the new crafted items in Denmum's (Pinking's) Seru Promenade house, where she usually puts them out to view.
  9. Erinna Member

To add to the above info about the white candle. If you shrink it to it's smallest scale, you do see the flame...but when you scale it back to default and larger, it disappears again. So it looks like the flame may not be scaling up to stay at the top of the candle, if that makes sense?
  10. Kasa Well-Known Member

Received the prefix title: Shady Acquirer
    Rifuul, Kaitheel, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  11. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Can anyone on test provide the names of the 5 overseer quests? Working on the quest tracker for Denmom when she returns. Thank you so much!
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thank you for doing placing those items and thanks to who placed the merchant items. I resized and moved around the items to do video. I will put them back where I found them after videos are over. Just waiting on hubby to get off the dang phone and see if there are any house items from overseer quests.
  13. Erinna Member

Oops, that was me, I didn't have any corn on me when I bought the recipes, so went back after placing the crafted items...and forgot to edit my post. :oops:
  14. Kasa Well-Known Member

FYI the "a woken spirit" for the grave robbing is level 120 and attacks me but it cons grey while fighting. Also a few others level 120 will be grey from time to time but if I click on those a second time they will con white.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for splitting the merchant. I LOVE YOU KAITHEEL!!!!!!!

Overseer so far:
    • Bite Club - Topi di Ombra (30 min, 0% bonus/5% mishap as usual)
    • Bite Club - Night Reapers (30 min 0%/5%). Reward: "Erling Three Toes" agent
    • Bite Club - Bonecrunchers (30 min 0%/5%). Reward: Petamorph wand: Bloody Tooth Skeleton
    • Bite Club - Sun Manes (30 min 0%/5% - uses the new lycanthropy trait). Reward: Dapper Charcoal Baby Dragon Clothwork
    • Bite Club - Wards of Dawn (probably 1h, I'll post again tomorrow)
    (thanks for putting them on season 2 rewards!)

I'll work on writing a preview for Mum tomorrow, thank you all for pitching in for items and videos and all!

PQ Feedback
    PQ is the regular Headless Horseman, spawns near DLW entrance, need to have the necklace from the maze to trigger him and need to fight him by the tree to damage him (-1440, 28, -1168). He switches aggro and does some heavy damage. There's a skull to click under the tree for a buff for chars under 120.

Reward is off, it's Erollisi stuff (got a single macabre rose, erollisi coin and a celestial ability mod infuser)
    PQ chest is as follow: \aITEM 202006879 -356808379 0 0 0:[Headless or Tails Proactive Participant Reward Crate]\/a
    Mob SPAMS chat. That's highly annoying. here is an example:
    [IMG]

Even if it "primes a pumpkin" at you, you'll get the line with your char name and then "YOU" somewhere in the middle.
    Here's an example:
    [IMG]
    (note that the "YOU" moves places)

Apart from that, you need to be 30ish to participate (local mobs are 28), fight is pretty straightforward: hit the mob and do damage. No buff/detrimental seems to come from having adds around
    Rifuul, Jinksie, Kaitheel and 5 others like this.
  16. Kasa Well-Known Member

I received a season 6 familiar from the PQ.
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Details for "Bite Club - Wards of Dawn" (final overseer): 0% Bonus, 5% Mishap, 1h, Rewards: Bite Club's Lujien Illusion, Prefix Title: Shady Acquirer
  18. Chrol Developer

Thanks for the feedback. The updated rewards haven't reached test yet, but should soon. I'll take a look at messaging issues.
  19. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Yay!!!! Nights of the Dead is here!!

Any way you can please make the cut scene in maze skippable? The second one, with the puking transformation of poor guy into werewolf?
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

muahaha and now you die