Nights of the Dead 2019 starts haunting your servers tomorrow!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Sorry. :( Census is not back up yet.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Since the building blocks pictured above are actually from the Grave Digging, you might want to indicate that specifically; they aren't sold by the new NotD merchant (oh, how I wish they were...), unlike all the rest of the items up there. :-/

Nice screenshot of the new recipes! :D

But again, folks looking for the building blocks might be confused. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Siren and Breanna like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I noticed on Kaladim the familiar is a bat, on AB, I got a cat.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

no there are 2 versions 4 packs 2 have bats and 2 have cat familiars .
    the ones with the purple hat have the bat and the one with the orange one have a cat
    and both come with or without a cat on the broom.
    so look carefully there are 4 packs , just looked again make sure you look under mounts
    not Night of the dead or new items .
    Soara2, Dude, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, because that would be the logical place(s) to put it (under Nights of the Dead and/or New)... X-P

Uwk
    who, at least, is glad it's somewhere... ;->
    Soara2, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Those brooms look spectacular!! Dang, I feel compelled to get 1 for Kaladim and 1 for Skyfire!
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Dude and 2 others like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

who ever designed the broom , this is genius. it's just so different from all the other mounts thanks
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Siren and 3 others like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, don't go to one of the graves areas with guards standing nearby. Killed my character and my merc.

Earlier I got one each: Bloody Tooth Skeleton Plushie and Charcoal Baby Dragon Clothwork.

And some of the undead pawns in Butcherblock Cheesboard gave out candy when killed.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good Wiki articles:

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Nights_of_the_Dead

Good general article. Lots of links. :)

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Nights_of_the_Dead_Treats_(Crafting_Materials)

All you need to know about candy drops...except maybe what drops them. But after awhile, you start to see a pattern: werewolves tend to drop Were Cupcakes (eww); rats tend to drop Jelly Beans (eww); spiders drop Licorice Rope (like webbing, I guess); skeletons drop Peanut Brittle; zombies drop Gummy Worms (eww), etc.

If you see purple glowies (and it's not City Festival time), it could be a collectible, or it could be a type of candy. Collect one of each of the candies and get a Bonecraft Chandelier house item, as well as the right to be able to buy more of them from the merchants after that. :)

Uwk

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have noticed at least one collection being filled. I'll keep an eye on it. No, not a glass one. :)
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, ostensibly there's two collections: the purple glowies, which reward a baby draco-lich (skeletal baby dragon), and the collectibles from grave digging, which reward...a cloak, I think. It's been awhile since I actually finished one of those, since there's a dozen pieces to it, and not all of them "drop" all the time. :-/

Uwk
  14. Caela Well-Known Member

I finished the grave digging collection on a few toons, and don't think I got a cloak... I think it was a coffin... But that could have been some other collection. My gnome brain can't keep all the details straight... go figure.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yup, a felt lined coffin is what I got on two characters so far.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, that's more awesome! :)

Uwk
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

On three characters. So its a definite item.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I may not have noticed before, but Captains, like Captain McDuffie, are taking out Hardy and other NotD monsters when my merc and I are dealing with them. This is in Qeynos, both Skyfire and Maj'Dul servers.

Hardy is xp, but the rats and bats aren't. So if those Guards want to participate, they can attack the non-xp generating mobs when those Captains ride by on their white horses.

Thanks.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The only way I can avoid them killing Hardy is to find a graveyard far, far away from any NPC guard interference, such as the one in the back corner of North Qeynos, just north of the aqueduct on top of the little hill and south of the Haunted Mansion that the Gigglegibber goblin "gives you a ticket to." It's along the....eastern wall, I think. :-/

At any rate, the closest guards would be riding along the "street," "trail," "internal road," whatever you want to call it, down the hill on the flat. ;->

On the pure Evil side, there's actually a few graveyards here and there in Freeport where you won't get hassled by guards; they rarely come deeper in the neighborhoods than the main streets.

On what I'd consider a Neutral side, there's one on a balcony of Gorowyn (yeah, yeah, I know, which one... ;->) just to the left of the entrance -- not from the docks, but from the other side, the upper side, uphill from the pirates on the shore, whose boats you usually have to burn for a quest. It's also uphill from the Smith where you get the quest and recipe and fuel for crafting the Lucky Wolf Paw charm, that sort of area. Follow the "road" uphill from there until you see Gorowyn guards, then go into the small steaming pools area, then into the city proper (finally; there's a lot of defensive door paths) and head left. There's the usual three tombstones you can "dig up," and the local guards won't interfere if you take the one farthest on the right. But if you're having any troubles with a particular, non-Hardy opponent, you can always lead it over to where the guards are, and yes, they will pounce on anything threatening you. Just make sure YOU don't try using anything like an AoE ability on your foe, or you might likely hit the guard, too, and that makes them cranky. Just back off and let the guards do their job. ;->

There's also a much easier graveyard to find in Gorowyn just across from the Bankers, at the foot of the step/ramps up to the high-rent houses, but it may be occupied by at least one player if not more. Depends on the time you arrive there. ;->

Plus, there may be one down below in the large internal lake area when you come up from the docks, but I can't recall for sure. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

Uwk if you're good aligned go to Eldar Grove over by the house no guards close to that either.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.