Nights of the Dead 2019 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

server just went down , wonder if we get to test some Hero Festival stuff
    One can always hope
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm now noticing this on Live servers, trying to get my lowbs all caught up on what NotD quests they need, but while in the Hedge Maze, getting saddled with the Ceremonial Nightmarish armor pieces, I realized they were back to being No-Value tagged again? What's up with that? I thought that was fixed, the No-Value tag removed, so we could at least sell extra pieces (of which there are way too many, even for my Hordelings to keep up with) to vendors and get them out of our inventories and banks. :(

Uwk
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Decided to get one of my 110 characters in this, found a shovel and started digging.

Had my merc up.

Lower level characters, the merc takes out the mobs quickly.

Not so with my 110 character. I hovered my mouse over the info on my screen. Said the 110 monster was Heroic, would take 3 heroic level characters to deal with it, but basically I had no chance.

So I moved to another zone, and the screen/chat said no experience for that encounter. But it had that in the text for the encounter so I guess its standard text if I take off from an encounter my character was losing, with a 110 Merc.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Same character tried one of the NotD skeletons walking around just outside the Qeynos drawbridge. No merc this time.

This time the text said evenly matched, but I couldn't do anything. After about 3 minutes I gave up and went gathering, foresting, etc.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah. I stopped doing the Grave Digging bit with my max level toons, since I tried it once, as you did, and got absolutely nowhere fast (and that was with a caster pet helping). So, I tried with like level-anything-else toons, including like level 96 ones, and they scaled to me properly, even being a wee bit glass-jawed, which was lovely, considering I'd probably have to fight a good 50-60% of the time or more just trying to get the 25 graves dug up achievement and/or book of recipes (I'd dig 'til I hit one or the other; if the book didn't show in 25 digs, I'd go onto the next alt and try again. Took 175 digs on Antonia Bayle before I got the stupid book; after that, I was so tired of the nonsense I didn't bother getting the achievement for any of my other toons there). :-/

The only foe that counts at all for anything (XP or otherwise) with the Grave Digging is Thieving Hardy, who drops the item to start the new quest this year.

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Some of the ghosts you get from the dig, not the apparition nor the waif, give xp to.

But I think the snakes and the rat should give xp as well.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ahhh...the woken spirit(s) that isn't the Irritant ("Would you like to play a game?" "No, I'd like you to burn in hell for all eternity. Get lost.")! Yeah, I just let those slide. You can either /dance with them if you'd like them to join the celebration, or just talk them down from a fight and get on with the digs. ;->

Frankly, if they're gonna take up valuable time with us fighting them, they all should give XP, say I. If we want to plant our tuchim in a chair and have our toons just dig for hours on end ('cause that may be the case trying to get the recipe book anyway), the devs should let us (well, okay, maybe not beyond gaining one level doing that. But if we don't accept Thieving Hardy's quest, he'll keep popping up anyway, for XP). ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination, or have the Loping Plains Haunted Mansion inhabitants gotten beefed up, even as our crafted gear gets nerfed? I'm currently running through it with a level 35 Dirge on Maj'Dul, wearing level 30/32 gear (just the things that can be Imbued are Mastercrafted: Cloak, Hex Dolls, Rings [Bands], Weapon, Shield, Bow, Chest, Legs), have reasonably decent spells/abilities, and special Food/Drink, and my uber-DPS boy has almost died in every single fight except for the "burn the coffins, kill the burning inhabitants" bit. It used to be a good hearty challenge, that mansion; now it's almost impossible even for metal wearers (the only way my squishy cloth wearers survived at all these days was because they could Cure a lot of effects cast on them). :-/

And I solo, I don't molo; I shouldn't have to. Nor do I have any luck with trying to get better gear off of kills or quest rewards; it's been quite some time since the former, and I don't see too much of the latter being offered all that regularly. As for the Broker -- hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.