Nights of the Dead 2019 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I also managed to damage my credibility with the fine folks at Gorowyn as a result; I was frantically throwing everything I could think of at this "fearsome" opponent (a decaying resident, or something), up to and including an AoE, which unfortunately caught the attention of nearby guards. At first I thought they were being nice and helping attack my opponent, but then I found that they were actually going after me. :-/

One more type of AoE effect (I think it was one of the purely defensive ones) and both the guards were down and out, poor things, but the blasted dug-up stupid zombie thing was still up and at 'em. Fortunately, I'm not KoS in Gorowyn, but that was unpleasant at best. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

[BUG] The quest NotHD does NOT indicate WHICH instance to venture into. Might want to fix this for clarity.
    [BUG] oh, btw, the Broken Mirrors is Broken too, the spirit can NOT be damaged, was receiving "...but fails to inflict any damage" error messages.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[BUG] oh, btw, the Broken Mirrors is Broken too, the spirit can NOT be damaged, was receiving "...but fails to inflict any damage" error messages.[/quote]

Can you provide more details, please? There are five spots in this very scripted event where it is intentional that she will not take damage from the player. For the first four, you need to drag her to the specific memory/item that matches the first item on her buff bar and click on it. For the fifth, back in the bar, you will need to be sure that every single solitary bottle (the name escapes me at the moment) must be destroyed -- and then she stops the fight. At which point did you have problems, and did you correctly perform the related action needed to make her be able to be damaged?
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

(I am number impaired today - 5 memories, then the bar, not 4)
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Can you provide more details, please? There are five spots in this very scripted event where it is intentional that she will not take damage from the player. For the first four, you need to drag her to the specific memory/item that matches the first item on her buff bar and click on it. For the fifth, back in the bar, you will need to be sure that every single solitary bottle (the name escapes me at the moment) must be destroyed -- and then she stops the fight. At which point did you have problems, and did you correctly perform the related action needed to make her be able to be damaged?[/quote]
    what? Quest said defeat Whatshername, walked up to the beasty, began attacking, and all my skills used later, beasty still at 100%.
    Hence can not be defeated.
    Quest did not state "drag beasty around, pay attention to the tiniest of details, perform on par with RAIDers"
    Had the quest said that, I would not have even taken it.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Sorry you weren't aware of the script to this event that is returning for it's third year. It actually is pretty easy and sane to do once you have a cheatsheet handy listing where you found each of the 5 memories, so you can return to them with her.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Broken_Mirrors
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

/e scribes new notes in journal about ghost, stuffs back into bag.
    /e vows to refer to journal first for notes previously forgotten.
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

[BUG] The Haunt of Gravedigger's Shovel
    Can NOT pick up Gravedigger's Shovel, stating I already have one, yet a search states 'No items were found matching 'Gravedigger's Shovel.' o_O
    [IMG]

this has been submitted via /bug and petition via Support page (which the reply was less than helpful)
    Also, Shovel is NOT in his Wardrobe.
    Any ideas else-wise where my Provisioner can pickup this shovel?
  9. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

ok,.. I am an idiot.

Seems my Provisioner was hiding his Shovel in his Broker box,...
    (maybe make Gravedigger's Shovel Heirloom to prevent this oversight? or include Broker box in Search function?)
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sorry, too many acronyms...which does NotHD stand for, again? :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True, this is a very non-intuitive quest. I thank the gods for sites like Denmum's and Wiki (and, once upon a time, Zam...sigh :-/).

Uwk
  12. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

ok, slight typo,.. NotHD Night of the Howling Dead was supposed to be NotBD - Night of the Barking Dead.
    sorry for the confusion.
    {cervical pain oft times makes thinking clearly,... difficult :( }
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! :D

I think it was following Denmum's suggestions that got me to the correct place, since Wiki's notorious about not posting anything from Test (another reason why I miss Zam so much...sigh) before things go live. :)

(and I hear ya; I have distracting issues with lower back pain these days :-/)

Uwk
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Glad you found it. I was going to ask if you checked appearance since that is where I found mine on my alts.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's a bit disconcerting the first time you pick it up; it tends to auto-place it in your 2Hd. Appearance slot(s). ;->

Uwk
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I couldn't figure out why I could not pick it up and I couldn't find it anywhere, finally I checked appearance and found it there.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've said it before (rather incessantly from the moment it got changed) and I'll say it again: now that we don't have the nicely easy, fun Scavenger Hunt we could do back in the old days to get the Nights of the Dead Devotee achievement and rewards, can we PLEASE replace that stupid, more-bugs-than-the-Amazon-rainforest "The Troubling Truth" Epic-level quest with something, anything else, for a requirement? Please? Because while "Survive the Night" is dull, boring, and entirely too time-consuming as it is, I'd be far more willing to put up with that one and even its sequel ("A Dream, By Any Other Name" [which is actually a far better quest than its predecessor, imho]) before I'd willingly do "The Troubling Truth" ever again. I just think the inconvenient truth that most don't want to admit to is how difficult it is to get a group of people in the double-digits to participate in it any more... :-/

Those that want to do it, of course, should be more than free to, but forcing it to be a requirement just means most folks won't bother trying to get the requirement.

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also: if Thieving Hardy comes up too close to a set of city guards, can we please just have them ignore him? We need to get his quest! :(

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking of Hardy, I've only been digging up graves and getting my recipe books, etc. today; haven't killed anything else. Have had six Thieving Hardies show up, and my Daily Objectives say I've killed 6/25 Creatures ('cause apparently, Thieving Hardy is the only foe you can dig up that "counts" for anything [xp, loot, "creatures" to kill for the Daily Objectives, etc.], and the only one to get the attention of the city guards), but that I've also killed 6/8 Different Types of Creatures. Um, how is a bunch of Thieving Hardies considered different? Aren't they all like zombies or quest givers or something? :-/

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Looking at the rest of the levels for Grave Digging: why are these stupid opponents so dang hard to kill at all? Why do we need to be maxed for a raid to have a hope of actually killing them in like 5-6 moves (like it should be, imho), and why are the ones matching our Tokened toons (remember the max level adventurer Tokens? The ones we used in all innocence 'cause we BOUGHT THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION?) considered 2^ Heroic? They don't give us XP, they don't give us loot or count for Lore and Legend quests, they don't count for the Daily Objectives (except for Hardy Har Har up there); granted, they're our level, but I rarely have this kind of difficulty killing white-cons to me. :-/

These should be easy-peasy, ridiculous li'l "user participation in a Halloween carnival game" kind of thing, not something that can kill us just because we made the mistake of wearing crafted gear (or supplied Heroic gear). :-/

Uwk