Nights of the Dead 2019 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Kaitheel Developer

The quest can't be repeated until next year. It's an annual quest. If you have the quest in your active journal, or if you completed the quest this year, then Hardy won't spawn during "Grave Digging".

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Uwk,

I am having a hard time following your thread of posts, so I might be mistaken here, but I suspect what you are experiencing is the quest being reset because you keep leaving the zone. Is that what is happening? Are you leaving the zone?

~ Kaitheel
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WOO HOO!! Thank you! :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm not actually leaving the zone, though I did die a few times as a "teenager" toon. That could be it; I keep "rezzing" within the zone, near the entrance, but I don't actually leave. :-/

It's just that, all I had to do was get too close to the "other adventurer's gear," even when I hadn't died for awhile, just roamed around looking for other targets; it seemed proximity was enough to set it off again. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've got one toon on Test who has the Thieving Hardy quest active, still; was grave digging with another toon, and the dude popped up on that toon and offered the quest with that one. I guess it's like with the stupid Shadow Critters still out there (long after the World Event for introducing Channelers [who are the only ones who DON'T see them...] was over); just having one toon with that quest doesn't mean the others aren't susceptible to it. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Oh! That was the key!

Yes, somehow resurrecting was being processed like zoning out, so it was resetting the quest. That was not intended.

I've just submitted a fix for this, so after the next update dying in the Splitpaw Crypts won't reset your quest.

~ Kaitheel
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yay -- oh. Okay, cool. ;->

Thanks... ;)

Uwk
    who appreciates even mixed blessings :D
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Thundercloud Active Member

@Kaitheel Any chance the Headless Horseman's loot table can be changed and better than the Heroic Expert and raid drops? I remember a time when the loot was sought after because of belt that was best in slot. Any chance loot can be changed so worth running again?
  9. Thundercloud Active Member

Correction was the neck piece that used your hit points but the belt was good too...any ways please please please adjust loot table?
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Yeah, not having the Horseman be actually worth killing kills the fun.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Iirc, though, it's one of the things you HAVE to do now to get the Nights of the Dead Devotee achievement nowadays. :-/

Uwk
    who much preferred back when all we had to do was the li'l scavenger hunt... ;->
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Low level testing verdict: I feel this is a good difficulty level for lowbies now. Not a faceroll, but not so hard that you need to be a mentored down ultra-twink to to it. :D

~~~
    Wordy version:

I tried this again today with my little newbie (now level 13 due to an oops). The detrimentals are now saner, and the instance is doable. The gnoll spirit totems got a bit overexuberant in popping at the end, and didn't seem to want to "die", but dragging him away from them worked fine for killing him.

(I swear, at one point, I had a totem a sliver away from "dead" and decided to cast my heal spell on myself without changing target, blinked, and the totem was full health. Digging through the log, I don't see my heals landing on the totems, so I'm guessing that during my blink, one died and another stole my targeting by hitting me.) At that point, I just gave up on "killing" totems and just dragged him away, while they popped up like popcorn along our backtrail. :D While I'd like to do more testing on this, I've run out of spoons to make another newbie, level them to 12, make them mastercrafted gear, etc.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I should be done adulting today, so I should be able to take a couple of my lowbies through. I have ones that are levels 1-10.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"The price for [Weathered Grave Marker] is unknown" according to the Gigglegibber Scalper in front of the haunted house in Qeynos. :-/

EDIT: It is there on Haint, the new old merchandise seller in Qeynos. ;->

Uwk
    wanting to complete the collection... ;->
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, everything that is on the Gigglegibber Scalper is also available on Haint. But I'll still educate the gigglegibbers and convince them to sell all of their items, once again. This change should be with the next game update*.

*If it did miss the update on 10/8 it will be there for the following one.

~ Kaitheel
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is true; I'd noticed that like eons ago, and almost always bought my Grave Stones, Tombstones, etc. from the Gigglers, since there were less items on their lists to be lost in the shuffle (and if memory serves, nothing for sale for Candy Corn. They really DON'T like that stuff! :D), and my recipes and Glow Skimmer on the regular merchant, now Haint. :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My Study on Grave Digging Statistics
    by
    Uwkete Vincentson of Maj'Dul

400 Total Graves Dug By Various Test Toons (2019)
    2 Catacomb Brick Building Blocks recipe books (0.5% incidence rate)
    2 Petamorph Wand: Boneghoul wands
    3 Deadly Terra-Widow familiars
    13 Prefix/Suffix Titles of various sorts
    44 Quest Givers: 20 a forlorn apparition, 24 Thieving Hardy
    57 House Items
    71 Collectibles
    81 Other: Woken Spirits (didn't fight any), 28 of which were the PROFOUNDLY irritating "Want to play a game?" variety
    127 Opponents

CONCLUSION
    Entirely too many "play a game" Woken Spirits; not nearly enough recipe books (or Petamorph Wands or familiars, for those collecting them)! :(

Uwk
    Carynn, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  18. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

[IMG]
    RIP to their foot.
    Kaitheel, Breanna, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Could you hail him from various angles and have him be able to move freely about, like the "tombstone" was just some paper-mache set decoration? ;->

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One thing I've noticed since it's gone Live is that when I'm using a level 100 Heroic toon (i.e., a Tokened-up one) on a random opponent from a grave dug up with the Shovel, that it precisely mirrors my toon. It's not a simple level 100 opponent, it apparently has every single one of my advantages, which makes it waaay too long to defeat something that shouldn't take more than 5-6 whacks to put back underground again. And I first noticed this with a pet caster...

Could you please "nerf" these things down to merely being our level, please? It takes long enough to get something substantial (see my report on statistics) from these graveyards to have to worry about spending way too much time and Power on what should be silly fluff "enemies." :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.