Nights of the Dead 2019 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Remember, there are only certain types of creatures that have the chance to drop the candies.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

I'll be examining the first update and bat locations today.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  3. Kaitheel Developer

I think I can fix this for the Abandoned Mansion, and I'll alert the team as to the issue with the other zones.

~ Kaitheel
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Good news! You'll find some of the Nights of the Dead illusion costumes on the merchant this year, Carynn.

~ Kaitheel
  5. Kaitheel Developer

The next update should include:
    • Night of the Barking Dead - Sparkles can now be seen around the tomb raider's backpack and tools.
    • Night of the Barking Dead - Riled bats should be much more evident now.
    ~ Kaitheel
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That goes along with the achievement for getting certain types of candies from certain critters...gotcha. /nod

Much like the love candies and notes from Erollisi Day; they don't get dropped by everything, mostly just sentients...which is rather rude if you think about it, but as long as you're killing them anyway, might as well intercept their love tokens. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Low-level testing Night of the Barking Dead with a level-locked level 12 warden. (.i.e., not a beefier chrono'd with lots of AA, more spells and such, but a true low-level*) Level 12 mastercrafted armor, weapons and charms, a couple cheap bracelets, no other jewelry. Apprentice level spells.

Run 1: Ouch! Mack Truck meets tissue paper! "Rusty Incision" and "Splintered Bones" were a pretty brutal combination and she wasn't able to cure and heal fast enough. This also highlighted for me how the first quest update may be only a few steps in front of you when you zone in, but there's a natural tendency to move left or right instead of straight, based on the roaming mobs. (edit: so thank you for the sparkles that will be added!) :)

Revive: Ok, I could have gotten the first batch of heroics down if a second one didn't sneak up behind me. (Yeah, yeah, I need to be more aware. I figured that an uncaffeinated me was a good simulation of a new player. :D)

Run 2: All jewelry slots now filled. The only empty gear slot is the cloak, which is not something all level 12's have access to since there's only a couple crafted ones out there. She's also using a level 1 starter wand in ranged, as they're not common at that level either. A couple spells are now expert, but I didn't want to go overboard as she's already pretty beefy for a newbie.*

I tried rooting the Splitpaw scavenger and letting the Splitpaw scrapper come to me. Before he was to me, I'd already been hit for 568 and 647 slashing damage from Splintered Bones, plus lots of lesser damage. Had I not had the divine stamina amounts that I did, I'd have been dead before the mob even finished running to me. Instead I was badly hurt and barely survived.

On the plus side, my photosynthesis spell is now adept, thanks to the chest they dropped. :p

This is too much of a slog for me, so I'm going to stop right there. I personally think the undead gnolls in there need to be tuned down a tad at the lower levels The number of folks who will genuinely try to run this at that level is probably pretty low, and you'd know better than I if you want to tweak things at all.

~~~
    *Caveat: No true new player would have the stats she has, thanks to divine attributes. I used my second account, which is less beefy in that department, but still, 47% fervor, 264% crit bonus, 450 extra STA and a 90% health boost, makes a difference. :D The guild buff from a level 190 guild doesn't hurt, either!
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have noticed this problem over and over again , that people who are not loaded with fervor and potency and resolve
    have a hard time to manage those festival mobs . I usually mentor my toons down in order to manage such quests .
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure, but I found my mount had been uncast when porting from the Abandoned Mansion to Thundering Steppes, and it bugged me 3 times, so I'm pretty sure the Abandoned Mansion has something to do with it (not 100%). I always forgot to check if Abandoned Mansion uncasts the mount or if it's zoning out or unrelated. I'll try to remember to check next time.
    It's not a bug per se anyway

Thanks for the fix on sparkles and bats.

I had no troubles on any char, even PoP-box level 100 ones. But I don't have lowbies anymore. Could try my "no-clue-how-to-play-this-char" ungeared 30ish (if I remember well) Beastlord tomorrow.

I found a random mob "a vengeful splitpaw scrapper" who wandered on the wall around -63, -68, -103 (actual loc should be higher and to the NE). It felt a bit odd to see a skeleton on top of a pillar.

I reached the final named without killing any bat, so they're not necessary to progress. I left the first room using the right tunnel, then circled through the spiders to reach the corpse, and after speaking to the ghost, I got the passage to the named to open.
  10. Chrol Developer

Thanks for the feedback. Both of these spells will inflict less damage with the next (or the next-next) test update.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yow! Does sound a wee bit too horrible. Fortunately, even I rarely go out with a toon of less than double-digits; I do my best to make them the best gear I can (though my crafted gear now pales in comparison, even at Mastercrafted >:-/), after they've kicked up their levels by rummaging through my shared Collectibles Depot. You can shoot up pretty fast that way, at least 5-6 levels, if not more, in one go. ;->

I have seen Wands as a ranged item beginning to slowly trickle down to where they should be (all the Tiers), but I didn't know the Cloaks were anywhere below 20/22! We need an all-encompassing, all-origins (crafted, dropped, etc.) database site for gear, like Lera has for house items. :)

I have no idea what "divine attributes" means, so perhaps a newly-created toon of mine on Test (oy; already have 19 there, but none are under 49th level) would be the closest to a "true newbie." ;->

Uwk
    still, not necessarily eager to try this thing and not get anywhere but frustrated with it :-/

EDIT: Perhaps I should do that now, before Kaitheel adjusts anything, so he can see how badly a "true newb" gets chewed up. ;->
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, on creating my new Arasai Coercer (Rhehd Shurt), she got an immediate hit of Divine Something, 50 points worth (blipped past too fast to catch exactly what it was, and it wasn't repeated in the Chat Window and thus my log). I would think that any lowbee/newbie coming in at this point would get that? Either as a Member or F2P?

And should I "artificially" kick her up to double digits with my crafted gear for her, or just pretend she's completely generic? ;->

Uwk
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Deity attributes are what you get when you use a divine crate of something (potency / crit bonus / stamina) gained through dailies in PoP/CD. You also can buy a deity boost from the panda. Deity is account wide (account and not server) so if you have a high level toon, every lowbie you have gets the bonus.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, since this is Test, I "cheated" and "commissioned" some decent armor from one of my Tailor alts, and some jewelry from a Jeweler alt, but it's all stuff like level 10 Burlap/level 12 Roughspun (Chest/Legs/Hex Dolls), and level 10 Turquoise/level 12 Coral (Rings), respectively. I also bought some items off the Broker that were comparable, if not better, than what my people can make, chiefly a 2Hd. Staff and a Ranged weapon.

None of my spells are above Apprentice level or equivalent, and I don't have a mount (though I could /claim one, I'm not sure what-all a true newb would have available).

My food/drink currently is the default, but I did get some better stuff, which I may have to switch to...watch this space! :)

EDIT: That "a Bloodtooth forestrunner," 1*, level 23, has got to go. He's still way too close to the Mirror. :-/

Uwk

EDIT: Okay, got through the first encounter inside (barely); Denmum absolutely has the right of it. Both the Rusty Incision and the Splintered Bones were just ridiculous for anything that doesn't have at least 1^ (whoops, my bad; they are considered Heroic. Still...). :-/

Thank the gods for mini-dings. :-/

EDIT: Did not survive the second encounter; those guys did more damage than the first two. :-/

I think I could handle ONE at a time (I think it would still be scary), with those buggers having those abilities; not two, even with Simple Minds and Ego Shock. :-/

EDIT: Third encounter, won, since I mini-dinged right after killing one of them, which enabled me to survive the second guy (and no, I haven't made one of them a Pet yet, though that's tempting, frankly).

EDIT: Does work better with a Pet, though I have to be very careful when he "runs out"... :-/

EDIT: Once I dinged "for real" and everything was blue, that did help, though that first "initial curve" is a killer, literally. :-/
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Thanks; was always wondering about that. :)

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, are the Splitpaw Crypts based on any of the older dungeons in TS?

EDIT: Thanks for the advice on checking for "hidden" or hard to spot mobs! :) That was what I needed to unlock the webbed areas. :)

EDIT: Got to the big named howling guy; couldn't do squat against him at all. My best spells that were blasting things left and right within 5-6 moves were all but useless, and all I was doing was running out of power. :-/

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Either the bags and shovel, pick, etc., or killing everything in the available room. I finally "cheated" and /claimed my Scrolls of Tracking, though I think anyone can get those off the Loyalty Merchant or Marketplace? :-/

When I got near enough/clicked on the bags and tools, I got the "You Are Not Alone" bit and told that I had to find Hardy...again, after I'd already found him once. Sounds like a bug, but I'll check it out and see if I get the dialogue again.

EDIT: Yep, Hardy had disappeared; had to click on The Shadow's corpse again, but fortunately, I didn't get another silly ruby, will just have to talk to Hardy again. I don't think that re-spawned anything, although "Passages deeper into the crypt have been opened!"... :-/

EDIT: After tangling with some mobs called up by Rawndoc Gorepelt, died like a pig again. Do I have to feed the Ruby to him? Throw it at his feet? Insert it into his navel? Click on a tiny pixel behind him somewhere? Whatever it is, it's certainly not intuitive. :-/

EDIT: I can see that the ruby is the missing eye of the totem, but I'm still not seeing any way of fixing the issue; the totem doesn't "activate" as such when you run your cursor over it. As long as he's up, he's gonna call critters, and I don't think there's anything I can do, with a Pet or without, to take him down; he's probably gonna be up and at 'em as long as the totem isn't restored. If it's a ring event, groovy(-ish); at least it's a finite supply... :-/

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It "can't be repeated yet"? Meaning, it can be repeated, and I could get that same jerk showing up again in my grave-digging, whether I want him to or not? :(

Uwk
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And I did get "Explore the Crypts! :D" again as a quest requirement, though according to my Scroll of Tracking, the only ones still there are the NPCs (the Boss isn't showing on the Tracking ability). :-/

EDIT: Oh, no...I made the mistake of getting too close to the "other treasure seeker" equipment, and now I have to find him...again; including the dialogue, the "Passages have been opened!" bit, etc. :-/ Definitely a bug.

Uwk
  20. Chrol Developer

In an upcoming test update, the NPCs within the Splitpaw Crypts should survive more than a couple hits against level 110 adventurers.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.