Nights of the Dead 2018 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten that this was a busy weekend for you. I hope you enjoyed your mini vacation - you deserve it!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Deloessian New Member

Hello there, long time reader, yadda yadda.

I have been trying to finish Hedge Hollow for hours, and the game client keeps freezing after the cinematic with the Specter chasing the gnome right near the end. I have waited for 30 minutes for it to unfreeze, in case that was an issue, and I have also repeated it about 5 times now. I saw some notes that there was an issue for players level 101+ having issues, so I mentored down to 100, and still the client freezes after the cinematic.

Is anyone else having this issue or does anyone else have a suggestion for me please?

Just trying to get access to the locket for Headless Horseman. :)

Thanks in advance.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can sometimes stop cutscenes by hitting F1 to self-target and turning on autoattack.
  4. Deloessian New Member

Thanks Sigr, I tried that and was able to skip the gnome cutscene and fight the specter, but upon reaching the middle of the maze, the end boss would not activate unless I triggered the cutscene... and same problem. I will try it once more, but losing hope.

EDIT: Update, I have tried it two more times, attempting to skip the cutscene where the boss turns into a werewolf makes him unattackable. The only way to attempt to progress the zone is by triggering the cutscene normally, and same problem, crashes the client. I have tried this at level 110, 100, and 95, same issue. As far as I can see, it is not possible to acquire the Losat Necklace to attempt to fight the Headless Horseman.
  5. Deloessian New Member

A reinstall fixed my issue, was an issue with cutscenes, not with the event, thanks.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Does it still do that? Give you "access" to the Headless Horseman? The only thing I use the Lost Necklace for these days is to get the house item goodies from the Loping Plains building. :-/

Uwk
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have gotta try that...thanks! ;->

Uwk
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Whatchu talkin' bout Uwk? I have several of these necklaces from years past that I never used. What building in Loping Plains and what house goodies? You holding out on me?

Yes, you have to have the necklace to get the Headless Huntsman to pay attention to you.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Seriously? o_O This is where you get the Screeching Noise Boxes, the Blankets of Fog, and one-at-a-time LORE item, the thing that turns fog effects off and on (something with a long, complicated Gnomish name...ah: "A Foggifier De-Foggififer 5000"). I can't recall the actual building inhabitants at the moment, but if you go into Somborn Village, it's beyond the Haunted Mansion, on the left-hand road around the chapel, the very last building before you go out beyond the "safety" of the village. There's like a drinks seller "bartender" dude in there, among others, and you hang a right at the bar and go deeper into the building; I think there's a door. There's a couple of quest givers beyond that door, including a "collector of antiquities" sort, and just near him, on the floor, is a li'l reddish-orange box. Looks like a puzzle box from the Hellraiser movies or from the city haunted houses, where you get the tipping coin for the bartender ("Daddy! [irregardless of your character's actual gender; the ghosts are easily confused] Don't forget your tipping coin; it's next to the puzzle box.").

If you click on that box on the floor in Loping Plains, however, you can "pick it up" and receive the LORE item and a Screeching Noise Box (SNB) and Blanket of Fog (BoF). If you're patient, within 5-10 seconds or so, maybe 15, you can pick it up again and find another SNB and BoF. And another. And nowadays, these stack, so you can have as many as you're willing to wait for. ;->

No more trying to find (and pay for!) them on the Broker! Now you can harvest your own! :D

Uwk
    Ratala likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

11. Eradani Well-Known Member

i finished making all the NoTD items today and crafted "small autumnal blue seedling" seems to have wrong appearance as it's orange and not blue like the quest reward "... blue seedling"
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I just love it when you click reply and it puts your reply smack dab in the middle of what you are replying to. Sorry, had the flu for a week now so I did not notice when I replied above that it was putting my reply in the middle of Uwk's post.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I guess the excuse for that is that there's "Autumnal" in the name? :-/

I agree; we don't have enough differences in those sorts of plants in the first place, we could use some more. Maybe like a transition between the blue and orange (it's not like they haven't done multiple colors before) leaves on the same tree?

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy! Hope you're feeling better now! :-/

What I do when I'm doing stuff like that ('cause sometimes I'll deliberately put stuff in the middle of someone's quote to answer it in bits) is look at the stuff in brackets (which I won't do here in an example, since it'll get confused, but it's the [ and ] marks); when it has quote and /quote in the brackets, that indicates where the actual thing that's being quoted starts and stops, with the / indicating the stop, like how folks do /rant. ;->

Or ooc and /ooc, come to think. That's where such things come from; it's probably from HTML.

Uwk
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I still have the flu and it may be changing to pneumonia. Ahhh well, as long as I can still breathe a bit there is no reason not to reply to posts. *grins*
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, man! Hugs! :(

(safe enough, since we're not actually together in person ;->)

My sister keeps recommending hot water, lemon juice, and honey. :)

Uwk
    who doesn't recommend breathing it, mind, just drinking it...though steam is nice :)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

AWW feel better soon please :( Steam sometimes does help my grandma used to do the old vicks heated up and I had to sit with a towel over my head breathing in all the vapors YUK!!! Of course nothing helps for pneumonia except the doctor.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

My grandmother used 1 jigger each of honey, lemon juice, and bourbon.
  19. Khunia New Member

Death in The Hedge Hollow: Bonjour à tous. ça fait une semaine que mon personnage Praiphia est mort et que je ne peut toujours pas jouer, mon cas n'intéresse personne :( Il n'y a personne chez EQ2 pour se pencher sur le probléme? Si quelqu'un ai la gentillesse de me répondre, je la remercie par avance :)
    Death in The Hedge Hollow: Hello everyone. it's been a week that my character Praiphia is dead and I still can not play, my case does not interest anyone :( There is nobody at EQ2 to look into the problem? If someone is kind of to answer me, I thank her in advance :)
  20. Elyria Well-Known Member

So what exactly happens when you log in? you do not get the revive window?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Khunia like this.