Nights of the Dead 2017 - Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Gah! I still can't brain ... but so far, we've tried:

a snarling werewolf mask and 25+ /howl (untargeted)
    a lost necklace and 25+ untargeted howls
    were-hunter's trophy helm and 25+ howls (targeted NPC)
    a lost necklace and 25+ howls while in Nek
    /howl at the Headless Horseman while killing him ...
    were-hunter's pelt and howl

Zappig is running through the suitable illusion costumes, I'm going to be re-running the race a time or three for more masks, while Chikkin is running the maze again to try more howling, and to replace her necklace. (I need to replace mine later, too)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

That is the nature of hidden achievements {nod}
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ok, either I missed a post, or someone stealth-added this ... either way, thank you!

*Throwing* the pumpkin bombs now rewards you with one of several possible rewards. (Folks had been complaining because the bomber got nothing). Pics and details on my site "soon".

The one complaint that I have heard so far is that the mount is no-trade, and you're likely to get several before you finish the collection ... all of which end up in your mounts tab. On the plus side, they convert into house items, so you can have a bat-army in a home if you want. ;D
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

Similar to what I was doing, but alas I'm lacking some things on test I think I have on live. But I'm still banging away at it as time allows.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

didn't finish another maze run, but some things to try, nighttime howling at a number of players ( similar to giving roses for Erollisi) while wearing the snarling wolf hat? in appearance or in regular slot? or while wearing any of the NotD illusions?

same howling in all NotD related instances? zones?

is it even howling? what's this Baying... now? do we have a /bay emote?
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Please let us escape out of the puking guy cut scene in maze, PLEASE! enough of that torture over the years and I do not need to take a break as often when running the instance over and over for hedges, to warrant taking a break /plead
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

did you try Loping Plains? or is that to high level for some?
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I howled in Loping plains, at various npcs since nobody was there
    I believe I howled at my merc too, starting to lose it from doing it so much, maybe it's not "howling" o_O
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

Well, I fetched the screeching noise box on a character that had the snarling werewolf mask and spent a while howling in Loping plains. Then i got kind of bored and started doing /moon on the off chance that did something lol. But nothing yet.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Got achievement

now to test if howling at other players needs to be while wearing anythign specific

Baying at the moon is for 10 players
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you, Chikkin, for keeping at this! I have to do more Real Life stuff, but should be in within an hour or so to provide more bodies to howl at.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Excellent! I was beginning to feel a little foolish hehe.
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Baying at the wolf

/howl at player characters, while wearing werewolf looking headgear, regular or appearance slots both work

A snarling werewolf mask AND Were-hunter's Trophy Helm both work

only 2 masks that we found working
  14. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Nice find!

15. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Is it NOTD yet?....can't ....wait....much....longer :p
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Make a free toon or two on Test (you can have up to 7 before you have to start buying slots [/raising_paw_sheepishly]) and you won't have to wait! :D

Uwk
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

How many achievements are there in the baying/howling series, Kaitheel? We'd rather not waste a ton of time with the small population over on Test trying for a 4th if it isn't there. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Chikkin like this.
  18. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Baying at the moon - Scare others with your bloodcurdling werewolf howl! 10 players

Crying at the moon - Scare others with your bloodcurdling werewolf howl! total 50 players, previous count

Howling at the moon - Scare others with your bloodcurdling werewolf howl! total 100 players, previous count
    Suffix, the Moonshadow for this last one
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On Achievements in general, I really prefer the ones that award house items (of course! :D) or titles, but they all give out various points, like Green Stamps (for those of you born after the Apollo space program, these were things that were given out like coupons nowadays, that you could paste into booklets and then take to Green Stamp clearance warehouses, where you could turn in X amount of Stamps and get actual stuff for them, if memory serves from the same companies that might hand out big discounts on the same stuff nowadays ["Try this! You'll love it!" or "This is a bunch of overstock we couldn't unload! You'll love it!"]. They went the way of the dodo [and for about the same reasons...humans...] awhile back).

Now, if the Achievement points actually were like Green Stamps and we could turn them in for something -- weren't there plans in the works way back when they started for something like that?

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Chikkin Well-Known Member

there's title for the 3rd one Uwk, we just found out, I missed it the first time, Leucosia noticed it when she got it

Suffix: the Moonshadow