Nights of the Dead 2016 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I love NOTD and Kaitheel and all the testers!!! /HUGS :)
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's a /typo: it's one vertebra, as in "Doomed Dragon's Vertebra," since there's not two or more vertebrae in the item. :)

Uwk
    the biologist
  3. Dyeana Active Member

Quest 'This Won't End Well...' has a minor problem with current level 100 characters with Thumbra gear. For the first update as you enter the cemetery and Sarkon D'Ryil spawns and attacks, if you have a merc and pet up, he dies so fast that you will not get an update. I exited the cemetery and re-entered 8 times with the same result - the NPC dies and no update, even tho I got knocked on my back and sometimes stayed where I was and sometimes awoke in the building as programed. One time nothing happened tho the NPC died. I backed off both my pet and Merc, reentered the cemetery, and one shot him to get my update. No further problems completing the mansion noted, tho the mobs die fast with very strong pets like my grandmaster knight protecting me, but they were not one-shotted.

Not sure what the best solution is to keep this from happening as the Merc is not backed out completely like the mansion portion of this quest where I had no problem with just the pet of mine up. Beefing the NPC up for current level 100s seems like it would be far too much for the lower level players to ever kill the NPC. Not sure if the Merc can be backed off from killing the mob as he first attacks or not. I am sure some of our players will not think to back off pets and mercs and try again for the update before calling for a GM/Dev to help them. Any suggestions on solutions? Or just let them figure a solution?

Thanks

Dye
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, Kaitheel and Devs, please don't overcrank the mobs, especially not in the later mansion. It's one thing to go up against the dude that kicks it off; you're SUPPOSED to lose to him. Dismiss your pets and tell your mercs to not attack, if you can do that (I have no idea, having never spent good money unlocking that feature which I would never use in the first place). As it is, it's relatively easy for Fighters, non-plate armor wearing Clerics, and some Scouts (especially those with AoEs) to be able to go through the mansion without dying (relatively easy = good!), but Templars/Inquisitors (strangely enough; the "armor" seems rather tissue paper-ish and the spells take forever to cast) and Mages have a tough enough time as it is in there. :-/

Uwk
    Kaitheel, Avahlynn and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: I'm not sure if this is possible, but one thing I might recommend is kick up the numbers of the purple glowies/ratio of collectibles to candies to something approaching the Tinkerfest stuff. After like 20 minutes of searching (hey, I'm slow; it was 4 a.m. where I am...), I figured out that Kaitheel was absolutely right; the new NotD collectible glowies/candies are in the cities all right, but only in the very specific NotD areas. I was the only one in the zone (Qeynos) at the time, and it was a good thing; I can easily see the potential for "glowie camping" and monopolizing (at least the Nek beach ones are more spread out). If there were some way to increase the numbers ('cause let's face it; yeah, the Tinkerfest cogs and collection things were only in that holiday area, too, but there were so many, there'd be no way any one person could grab them all for him/herself)... Maybe not to the level of candies = cogs (that would pave those smaller NotD areas in glowing purple! ;->), but perhaps the ratio of NotD collectibles = Tinkerfest collectibles vs. other things (cogs, candies), if that makes any sense. :-/

Increasing the re-pop times might help vs. monopolizing, too. So might extending the area to all of north Qeynos, for example, since the NotD NPCs in disguise and holiday decorations are all over the place there; that way, the numbers could still be sparse-ish. ;->

Uwk
    Belenos, Mizgamer62, Kaitheel and 3 others like this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Uwkete about the shinies. I was thinking as I was running around (with tracking) finding the shinies all by my lonesome in Qeynos & New Halas that it was going to be ugly when this hits live. There are most certainly not enough shinies for a server with a normal population. The most I saw up at one time was 4 and respawns seemed slow. It was in Qeynos & it's possible there were a couple more out of tracking range, but even still it seemed to be far far fewer than will be comfortable on the live servers. I don't fancy paying through the nose for shinies I ought to have a fair chance at grabbing.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Maybe have more at the NPC locations (I can think of three in Qeynos: near Deekat, at the Haunted Mansion in town [where the best numbers seem to be], and the Candy Changer gobbo), but "sprinkle" them throughout north Qeynos (as an example) wherever there's decorations: the pumpkins, the tombstones by the gate to south Qeynos, etc. It should cut down on area-hogging, and get people roaming about to find them (no flying in town! :D) rather than so much hovering around the NPCs that folks who need the quests can't get in to see them. :-/

Uwk
    Mizgamer62, Kaitheel and Avahlynn like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heck, put at least 1 at each decoration/masked "named" NPC location, since there seem to be more pumpkins, etc. in south Qeynos and the Harbor. ;->

Uwk
    Mizgamer62 and Kaitheel like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Re: the glowies on Nektulos beach...is there another zone, perhaps of the same tier as Nek, where there might be glowies of that type? All the others have a paired equivalent, even Halas/Gorowyn where folks don't have to worry about alignment. Perhaps Thundering Steppes beach, since there's skellies not too far away?

Uwk
  10. sinergy111 Member

I hope that awesome spider leaper comes to the market place on tle
  11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I agree with more shinies. At certain times of the day it was very hard to get any shinies for Tinkerfest so it will be more than a nightmare if there are not many for Night of the Dead. Especially when you consider most of us has a zillion alts.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; they do seem more spread out (good!) in Halas, largely because there's a lot more Gigglegibber illusionists all over the place there, and there's at least 1 glowie per, which is good (and usually one over by the Celebrator near the Hopson's Humble Abode, which is also good). Didn't find any near the merchant/Candy Changer, which is not good. :(

Plus, the re-pop rates at the actual locations are meh at best (hmm; EDIT: perhaps I'd hit a "lull" in a cyclic re-pop thing. Better now!). On the plus side, the collectible ratio is nice. :)

On the really plus side, I got the Candy Crusher Achievement, since I was able to get candy varieties I probably wouldn't've been able to without going into really high-level zones! That rocks! :D

Okay, the numbers/re-pop rate at Kelethin are abysmal. They definitely need more locations (like by the Candy Changer and any of the Illusionist/costume granter guys [there's more than one; each could easily have 2-3 near him, there's lots of room on the platforms in Kelethin ;->]), and could definitely stand to have some sprinkled throughout by the decorations/masked NPCs. That would help a lot there. :-/

More on the Evil side as I get in with my Evils...or if someone else wants to volunteer, I'll not quibble. ;D

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Timorous Deep:
    Odd...am in Gorowyn with a high-enough level to be able to Track Harvestables, and yet all I'm finding so far is two locations: one, the Illusionist gobbo by the collection turn-in NPC, and two, the Deekat down below, where the portal to Tinkerfest is (the "docks" of the lake inside Gorowyn). Neither of those had more than one at a time at all, the re-pop rates were meh, and nothing at all by the Merchant. Very disappointing. :(

Okay, two by the Celebrator at the "royal" level platform, That's good...well, better. Still could stand better numbers/re-pop rates. :-/

Ah! Brilliant! Two over in the tavern, by nothing more than decorations! Excellent! :)

Okay, not bad. Nice scattering (though someone could either write-up the coordinates where they're likely to be found, or there's gonna be a big run on Gnomish Divining Rods for folks with less than 92+ crafters :-/), and the re-pop rate is about consistent with running around all over the place trying to find them all. But I do think there could/should be more on the bigger platform areas (and all along the bottom lake "dock" areas/beaches!), and definitely at least a few scattered about where the Merchant and Candy Changer guy are, like there should be in New Halas. :-/

Basically, except for the low numbers in the bigger areas and the lack of placement by the Merchant/Candy Changer, Gorowyn could be a model of how to do the placement. Putting more glowies by the currently "bare" decorated areas (including the Illusionist "downstairs" on the way to the ocean docks) could help with the low numbers. :)

Neriak:
    Awesome bits: LOTS (relatively; could always use more) of glowies over by Deekat and the Illusionist dude right after you get in via the Docks. Not a bad re-pop rate. Kelethin could learn a lot from these evil, evil, pumpkin-smashing dark elves. ;->

Not so awesome bits: Candy Changer dude is waaay down yonder in the awful crafting section; look him up on a third-party site (Zam or Wiki) to find the little bugger. His name is Grabby Gigglegibber, if you just want to ask a guard instead. Also, no glowies by him, and there should be. Especially since Herself isn't too keen on the holiday anyway (the Undead Anti-Defamation League must have a good lobby there ;->); with that being so, we definitely need more locations in the Dockside Markets and in the Foreign Quarter (filthy foreigners! Cluttering up the Teir'dal lands! separate them and their filthy, disrespectful holidays!), even if that would mean putting more glowies way down yonder in the awful crafting section. :-/

Basically, the ONLY location for the glowies in Neriak that I've found so far is the "good" one by the docks World Bell. In its favor, Neriak is the ONLY place I'd gotten enough collectible glowies that I could provide extras for the rest of my alts on Test (still working on that, actually; even in Neriak, it's really slow going for that. Once the large "herd" of initial glowies is gathered up, it takes at least a minute for one to show up again, often as long as 5-10 minutes). :(

Okay, I take it back; Kelethin can only learn to put more glowies down initially from the evil, evil dark elves. The Undying Ardor and Growing Suspense collectible pieces will be selling for thousands and thousands of plat on the Broker otherwise, and that's not fair to anyone but plat farmers (when I saw one other person finally get into the zone, I figured, okay, that's it, no more possible way to finish this collection here). :(

Seriously, sprinkle them lavishly across the Dockside Markets and New Foreign Quarter (like, pave the streets with them), and let the deeper areas in Neriak not have to worry about the awful holiday. ;->

Freeport:
    Lots more decorations/masked NPCs than Neriak; pumpkins you can move occasionally, instead of smashing (it would be cool if you could take one home on occasion, like the shelf fungus in the DLW Moonlight Grotto ;->); lots more opportunities to place glowies. Glowie locales: nowhere near the Merchant, Candy Changer, or even the Haunted House quest giver (EDIT: found two by the HH questee, after over half an hour of nothing in the bank lobby). Only locale found so far: by Deekat and one Illusionist guy. :( Re-pop rate: pretty awful. After I arrived and found some, I had ONE re-pop session of a couple, then nothing since for 15-20 minutes and counting. Somewhat good news: the same glowies in Freeport can be found way more often in north Qeynos if you have Good toons, which doesn't bode well. :( While I know D'lere isn't really interested in pleasing his people out of the goodness of his shriveled-up heart, they do like making fun of the undead there. Maybe don't bother with any glowies in the Academy, but everywhere else should have a good supply of them. :-/

Better news: found more (1 by a large set of decorations, more by an Illusionist in East Freeport). Will keep looking (and when can we get our World Bell back in West Freeport?).

EDIT: ah! The re-pop rate in Freeport seems to be improving a tiny bit. ;->

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, I take it back; Nektulos Forest is probably also going to have their collectibles sell for thousands of plat as well, though it does seem to be marginally easier to get them per person, if that makes any sense. Nothing extra for the alts. :(

EDIT: ah! Am finding more for the alts. It's just tough to find the purple glowies on the greyish beach (and the one other place I thought they might be in Nek, I was in error ;->). :)

Still, killing Calcified Skellies was a far more reliable way to get candy than relying on the purple glowies. :-/

Uwk
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you for all of the feedback!

I've got the following changes headed to Test, though I do not know when the next update for Test is. Still, you can look forward to:
    • Few typo corrections.
    • This Won't End Well... - Sarkon D'Ryil is unkillable, for those that encounter him in Somborn Cemetary.
    • A lost necklace cannot be looted from A Gleaming Chest in The Hedge Hollow on the TLE server.
    • A Swinging Wake collection piece spawn points and spawn numbers have been increased in all zones!
    • A Swinging Wake collection pieces can now be found in Loping Plains and Qeynos Province District, too!
    ~Kaitheel
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

Sounds awesome Kaitheel!
  17. Dyeana Active Member

Gads ...... And here I was hoping to return 'a lost necklace' on the TLE server and have 'The Headless Horseman' scale back to his original level 80 (based on the level of the player triggering/hailing him). :(

So much for having The Headless Horseman chase "Ichabod Crane" (who was vying for the hand of the fair Halfling Katrina Van Tassels on Her Toes) to the bridge and hurling his head across the bridge before disappearing into the annals of Norrathian myths for another year. :D It sure does let the Ogre 'Aperaham "Brom Bones" Van Brunt Too a Crisp' win Katrina's hand by default. :(

Oh well, so much for getting the necklace for the 4th time to try and come up with a way to see the headless horseman at a lower level for the TLE server.

But I did see a problem with him not taking damage worth jelly beans when he spawned at level 103 for my necro who was solo at the time. Is there something else in his script requiring a full group or something?? Or affecting his ability to take damage? Took me to 10 minutes to get 1 percent damage and there was no separation of the horseman from his horse yet. Or should the horse be targetable in some manner from the start?

Thanks,

Dye
  18. Kattana Awesomesauce Member

The hatchet mask, that is rewarded from the races, seems to be bugged as it shows nothing on my character. All other masks are visible on my Aerakyn that I have on test.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thank you, Kaitheel! :D

Uwk
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Alerting art to the issue. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel