Nights of the Dead 2016 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Nights of the Dead has been activated on Test server!

Nights of the Dead brings goblins and ghoulies out from the shadows. Those inclined to celebrate the holiday through crafting will find a new book of recipes full of new house items being sold by official event merchants. And those feeling more adventurous can hunt ghosts in Antonica, and the Commonlands, or investigate the multiple haunted locations! Setri Lur'eth returns, and may or may not have another task for those willing (or not so willing) to help. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for special sparklies in spooky celebration spots! And remember, tricks and treats are the name of the game!

New Features for '16!
    • TLE – Stormhold
      • Welcome to the first full live event activated on the TLE server! Now that all expansions up to Rise of Kunark have been released, there is no content within NotD that cannot be made accessible to you. Enjoy the festivities in their entirety!*
    • New collection!
      • A Swinging Wake
    • New costume illusions available from holiday merchants!
      • Ssraeshza Akheva
      • Ssraeshza Grimling
    • The Nights of the Dead merchants have new things to sell!
      • Celebrations of the Dead IX
      • New house items!
      • New equipment!
      • New Petamorph Wands!
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail informs everyone of the event!
    • Achievements!
      • Candy Crusher
      • Closet Full of Skeletons
      • Tricky Treats
      • Ghost Hunter Extraordinaire
      • Nights of the Dead Devotee
    • Events!
      • Headless Horseman Epic X2 Event in Nektulos Forest.
      • Haunted House in Qeynos and Freeport.
      • Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains
      • Haunted Hedgemaze Zone in Nektulos Forest!
      • Calcified skeletons spawning in Antonica, the Commonlands, and Nektulos Forest.
      • Ponchy's quest line in Antonica.
      • Haunted Hedgemaze Zone in Nektulos Forest!
      • Gigglegibber Goblins in the player cities that cast illusion costumes on players.
    • Candy drops!
      • Including creatures in ToT
    • Quests!
      • "A Dream, By Any Other Name"
      • "Survive the Night"
      • "The Haunting"
      • "This Won't End Well..."
      • "There Will Be Ghosts"
      • "A Nightmarish Illness"
      • "A Nightmarish Return"
    • Races!
      • Ghost Hunter: Commonlands
      • Ghost Hunter: Antonica
    This event content is currently set to run 10/6/16 through 11/1/16 on the live servers.

* Well, almost its entirety. It turns out that a certain headless mob will not be accessible on Stormhold. "A lost necklace cannot be looted from A Gleaming Chest in The Hedge Hollow on the TLE server."

~ Kaitheel
  2. Monotone Active Member

For Stormhold is the Headless Horseman going to be of proper level so killable. Worried it might end up level 100!
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I was just checking out the new recipes.

I had no issues making them or placing them. I don't see anything particularly strange about the graphics of any of them.
    One question though, is the Autumal Goldleaf Sapling supposed to be leafless? (just making sure, labeled autumnal it can go either way!)
  4. Tekka Well-Known Member

Previous autumnal offerings have been vibrant orange and yellow.

On live many trees, turtles, and players, are 'leafless' so it's likely related.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

a whole bunch of house plants from quests, merchants and crafted are missing foliage, the saddest has to be the claimed bonsais. As much as I love the idea of seasonal look on plants, whatever is happening on test and on live servers has to be a glitch

( I bugged it)
  6. Kasa Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone has bugged the Guild Tactical Rally Banner missing its flag, but I am bug reporting it now.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Nigglies while we wait for the graphics issue to be addressed for both Test and Live (assuming it has to do with appearance caches, but that's a wild guess on my part).

The two (no-trade) housepets on the vendor are all lower case for naming, instead of mixed case. Is this intentional? "a bat colony" and "stonescale serpent"

Also, while the initial post says "new petamorph wands", of the 6 wands on the vendor, only one of them (cackling skeleton) seems to be new. The others are already in EQ2Wire and so forth.

And apropos of nothing ... holy smokes, it is raining in Vista! I think I need to stop testing and stare for a minute or two.
  8. Kasa Well-Known Member

Petamorph Wand: Sand Dune Razorclaw is new. :)
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Aha! I was going off EQ2U, and looking for things not yet discovered ... but it already has your disco info from today, Kasa. That'll teach me to schedule medical mayhem at the same time I suspect an event will hit Test! :D
  10. Kasa Well-Known Member

ROFL :D
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

AH! I only had a small amount of time so hopped on to check the new recipes. I didn't even think to go look at my other plants in my storage house and haven't even been on live since the update =).

I'm glad someone else spotted that.
  12. Irish Active Member

The new shinys stopped spawning on nektulos beach.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, I will get those all looking nice and uniform. Thank you!

*Enjoy the rain while we get it!

~Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

They have at least one other possible spot in the zone where they could be hiding out, but I'll take a look.

~Kaitheel
  15. ZUES Well-Known Member

You gonna put in that NoTD marketplace outfit we had last year? I get asked all the time where I got it.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

I can't make any promises, as I am not the lucky one who gets to make such decisions, but I'll remind 'em that there are holiday specific items that should return to the Marketplace for the event.

~ Kaitheel
    Ishuna, Ocarinah, Chikkin and 4 others like this.
  17. ZUES Well-Known Member

This one is the one I was talking about. I believe it came in green as well. I think it's one of the best costumes ever in EQ2. Want more just like it!
    [IMG]
    Belenos, Kaitheel, Ocarinah and 5 others like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

THAT. IS. COOL! :D

Uwk
  19. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Agreed! After many shades of the same ish armors, I love the new looks. And this one is just plain awesome creepy cool. Please beg for it to come back, Kaitheel!!
  20. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Wow I must have missed that item or just spent all my dbc on house items. Very cool. Can I just say I am very very excited about all the really awesome items coming for NotD?!!!? Thank you Kaitheel and thank you to everyone testing!!!!!