Nights of the Dead 2015 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Just had it happen to me! I'm on a wood elf dirge, and stuck in the form of a... um... some sort of stitched-together undead thing, with one ear floppy and one eye a pretty glowy blue. Keep getting a "will not take effect" message. Dropped the illusion, got another one (owlbear this time) and still happening.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get the impression (having tried it on another character and still being hit by it) that whenever the "will not take effect" thing comes up, that would've been the time the illusion would've changed to something else, since it used to cycle through the possibilities fairly often. :-/

Uwk
  3. Jrel Well-Known Member

Nothing to cast them on here as well. I would like to be able to use the wands on my merc also.
  4. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

THIS. I have an Inquisitor for a main. Make these things castable on cosmetic pets or mercs please; sure I can hand them to my mystic or conjuror....... but I'd like one following my Inq.
  5. Arclite Well-Known Member

Umm any chance the headless horseman this year around got an upgrade in script/loot or is it the same as the last time all those years ago? ;)
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

Soga or non soga model?
  7. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Soga. But it's also happened to my arasai inquisitor, and they don't have an alternate model.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, Kaitheel, I think the issue here is: what the heck is the "Would not take effect" message referring to, if not our "costumes"? And why does it usually only come up once we've gotten the illusion put on us? :-/

Has anyone noticed that message coming up if you just outright BUY a costume and put it on (the ones with charges you can get from the vendors), rather than getting an illusion costume from the goblin illusion dude?

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Getting that whole "N'a aucun effet" thing on Storms, too... "Has no effect." Got the illusion costume on (a Freeblood or Vampire, I think, from a Human), but it hasn't changed as of yet. :-/

EDIT: changed costume due to zoning; we'll see how long it'll be before I change again. ;->

Uwk
  10. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

I have not tried out each costume from the merchant yet . I managed to get on for a bit yesterday and started out on the Hero's festival QL If I am able to get on today I'll check out the illusions from the vendor if NoTD is still up.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

D'OH! You're right, that's on Test now...must fulfill that. ;->

Uwk
    who hopes there's still time for all the Hordelets to finish NotD... ;->
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's probably too late to do anything about this, and I'm not sure that it's an instance problem, a combat problem, or a NotD problem in the Loping Plains Haunted Mansion, but I was eternally "too busy to loot at this time" when it came to Sarkon's final corpse...and the vampiric giant yellow-one-up-arrow one of my character. Neither of them were available for looting, which means I could've missed out on another Lollipop or Chewing Gum, or I could've missed out on a very rare (on Storms) Advanced crafting book: I had no idea which, and no time left (this was about 5 minutes ago) to cool my heels trying to figure it out. As it was, by the time Sarkon's loot permission would've opened up had there been anyone else with me in there, his corpse disappeared. X-P

Of course, this was after I'd gotten booted out to the Character Select screen for the crime of zoning down into the basement via the dumbwaiter...fortunately, I was able to zone right back in again to the basement where I SHOULD have been, but it was apparently messed up. That is not the sort of quest one can "fix" by /camping to oneself, I take it. :mad:

Uwk
    getting more than a bit exasperated with this zone-to-Screen bit...
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  13. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well at least we'll know what to kep an eye on next year? I never did to get to check out each illusion from the merchant I would have liked to but I just couldn't find enough time. Have to make a note on this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It seemed like any/all of the illusions I got from the Illusion Goblin didn't work more than once, and each time I thought it might, I'd get the "Would not take effect" message, even in French on Storms. I didn't buy any of the costumes this year from the merchant and actually wear one of those. ;->

Uwk