Nights of the Dead 2015 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Sounds like something ttobey would say but dripping with sarcasm.

SOGA models causing art bugs? REALLY?!
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

Lets just hope that Ttobey or some one on the arts team can fix it my test ranger wants to look good for Nights of the Dead the green does not go well with that orange
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Test Server build 12209T
    Time: 11:39 est
    Toon: Liltester
    Class: Ratonga; Level 7

Item: Nights of the Dead Dshinn Pygmy Costume
    Effect: Applies Cast Nights of the dead Illusion potion when activated
    This potion will grant you the illusion of being a Dshinn Pymgy
    Charges: 1/1 ... until canceled.

Issue: When using the housing portal in the Hero's of Test Guild hall to go to my Halas starter home, the illusion disappeared.
    It did not disappear when zoning from Qeynos to the Hero's of Test Guild hall.
    Eles and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Changing the AA trees and re-saving, I can see would bring down a set illusion. That cancels EVERYTHING, which is supremely annoying. X-P

But it shouldn't go down simply because you're zoning! :-/

Uwk
    Belenos and Eles like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, don't knock the SOGA models, folks; in quite a few cases, they are FAR superior to the default models, principally the Barbarians and Ogres. With others, sometimes the default works better for a look I'm going for, sometimes not, but the two examples I called out are really awful for the defaults, and the SOGAs are much cooler. ;->

Uwk
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

1) I totally agree. Not just this item, but ANY Appearance-only item should not have class restrictions. If it's not going to do anything, it's ridiculous to limit it.

2) That would be nifty, but the Maze doesn't seem to adapt well to whoever's running in it at the time, unlike other quests or instances. Not sure how tough that would be to fix. :-/

3) YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!! A THOUSAND times yes!!! :D GODS, the amount of time I've been kvetching about this to anyone who would listen (preferably someone in a position to do something about it, but I figure, the more on the bandwagon, the merrier)...omg, yes. The frustration of filling up bank slots with non-stackable items is just too bloody annoying. :mad:

4) That would be cool! :D

Uwk
    Belenos likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, not sure if it's a bug, but it's odd:

My female Aerakyn Swashbuckler had an illusion put on her from the Nights of the Dead Illusionist Goblin dude, and the first one that cropped up was a female...Drider? The half-dark elf/half-black widow spider types...Drachnid! That's it. Anyway, every few seconds, maybe half a minute, I'm getting a message: "Would not take effect". I have no idea what this relates to, except it wasn't there before I got the illusion. And the illusion itself certainly "took," so I think it's just being crazy. :-/

Build #12209T, if anyone needs that.

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I notice the list for the Nights of the Dead Devotee (which used to be nice and easy, a thing of beauty and therefore a joy forever) still includes the following:

A Nightmarish Illness
    A Nightmarish Return
    Survive the Night ["sequel" to the Nightmarish ones; takes forever; ring combat event. I usually just go in there now for the Scribbled Zombie Note house item, which you can get multiple times and have them as multi-use items! wonderful!]
    The Haunting [the haunted houses in the two main cities! fun, except for the annoying dancing part]
    There Will be Ghosts [Loping Plains haunted mansion]
    This Won't End Well... [LP]

and, of course:
    The Troubling Truth. This is a--oh, let's just call it, nonsensical--requirement. The last I knew, it was impossible to do this without a group, had more bugs than an Amazon rain forest, and took forever. There is NO point to this being here, imho, AT ALL. The only thing I can think of is that it's Smed's favorite pet-project quest, or something like that. It's just ridiculous. The new additional sequel to the Nightmarish quests ("Nightmarish 4: The Unmasking," or whatever it's called) would be fine as a replacement...tedious, but fine. :-/

Uwk
    who remembers the glory days of a mere scavenger hunt as a requirement...ahh... >^-v-^< ::nostalgic, happy giant kitty purr::
    Jrel and Belenos like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, I haven't dropped the Drachnid illusion yet, though I'm back to being mounted again. Still the same message. I'll test it properly, once I get out of the Haunted Mansion in Qeynos, by dropping the illusion and seeing if I'm still getting the error. Then I'll get another disguise from him and see if I get the message again. :-/

EDIT: dropped the illusion; no more annoying error. Mixed blessing, since I like the illusions, but I did notice they didn't change at all from the first one, and they usually do every couple of minutes or so. :-/

Uwk
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On the silly dancing thing in the Haunted Mansions in Qeynos (only one I've tried so far this year; I'll work on the Freeport one next): if you mess up and don't complete all 48 moves (this must be a change, since it always used to be 50 before), if you try to talk to Herself again (extraordinarily useless woman; I've detested this part of it for the last 9 years now) and get another chance, even if you say "Yes" as a response, nothing will happen, and you need to go out of the Mansion and come back in again. I'll try keeping the quest, but something tells me I'll have to drop it and pick it up all over again from scratch. X-P

EDIT: yeah, I'll have to do it all over again from scratch, since going out and coming back in resulted in the following: I'm still on the "middle" steps, where I need to finish the lord's tasks (spend time with the kids [done], deal with the wife and her dance obsession [working on it, unsuccessfully], pay the bartender), but the butler's tasks are back to being undone in the front room again, and his spirit's back. There's no way to get the letter activated to do his tasks again, so no way to free him; the boards to the dining room are back in place; and the clear blobby thing (no, Lera, it's not a cube! stop cooing!) blocking the stairs is back, even though I've already fought the Rat, gotten the key, freed the kids' spirits, etc. :-/

I just think the lord oughta ship Herself off to a Morte d'Arthur Murray Dance Studio and have done with it...or at least have the Powers fix this rather egregious bug. :-/

EDIT: okay, deleted the quest entirely, picked it up again, did the butler's bit, broke through the boards, got the lord's list, immediately went down to deal with Herself, and got a perfect score ('cause if you mess up ONCE, you can't get it back again, apparently; at least I couldn't): 50. When I'd messed it up before, and couldn't catch up no matter what I did, it was 24 Pass, 24 Fail, which adds up to 48...guess they gave up on me, even though if they'd let me do the last one or two successfully, I wouldn't've failed completely (you need to get at least half right). >:-/

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The good news is, we can go back in again immediately after successfully completing the 'House and go for another quest prize after solving it again. Iirc, it used to be an 18 hour cool-down period before. ;->

Uwk
  12. Kelvmor Active Member

As a long-time fan of the game, I respectfully disagree--at least in the case of SOGA ogres. They look waaay too Oriental/out of place with the rest of Norrath. I understand it was done that way intentionally for the Asian market (in fact, they'd never originally intended to release SOGA models in the North American/Eurpoean markets--enough people whined when someone leaked the screenshots that they added them in to Western servers, thus starting an annoying problem amongst RPers about switching back and forth to check which one they use), but as a result...they look too much like She Hulk had a kid with Lt. Worf in a Marvel/Star Trek crossover. It's fine for the Diaku, I guess, but ogres have kinda always been fat and repulsive-looking--look up a screenshot of the original Boomba from EQ1, pre-Luclin model). That's kind of their charm, to me. That, and non-SOGA ogres can be different colors other than green, instead of just different shades/tints of green....but that's going off-topic.

That aside, there *is* another issue with the Nights of the Dead Pygmy costume; it rides mounts. Except when it rides mounts, it just floats a few inches above the saddle and walks on the air on top of the mount as the mount does its normal thing. I'll upload a screenshot later, at a work PC right now.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Very odd. And to add to the mystery, I am not able to reproduce this issue no matter what character I try it on, I even tried a female aerakyn swashbuckler.

Is anyone else having troubles with the Nights of the Dead Illusionist goblin spell?

~ Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, I'll get a fix in on that. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh! What's your race/class combo with the Pygmy illusion? With me, it was my female High Elf Inquisitor, and more than one model; she'd mount up on her Horse of a Different Color as a hell-hound, or earthcrawler, or zombie walrus person, or whatever, and usually, the critter would then be riding a horse around...pretty funny, actually, though I figured it was a bug. ;->

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the "Would not take effect" bit was less frequent than I thought, and was just the usual switching to a different illusion costume that would've happened, but wasn't for some reason. :-/

Uwk
  17. Kelvmor Active Member

I was on a level 1 ogre bruiser I'd created for the sole purpose of taking a look at this year's NotD illusions.

That being said, a little disappointed! Only two new illusions this year, and not one of them is a Tavalan? :< What with that whole thing in the opening loading screen covered in them! It'd be perfect timing!

[IMG]
  18. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

did nothing but zone into a new area. Like I said going to my guild hall no issue retained my illusion.
  19. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Any fix on the pygmy illusion?
  20. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Will check