Nice looking sword graphic

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Fazzarya, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Fazzarya Guest

Stats aren't spectacular, only a 73.8 DR 30str, 23sta 16 agi (I think going off memory.
    160 health 110 power a couple resists and has a 2% increase to crit chance. It parses a LOT better then I thought it would and it looks so godamn cool!
    Gotten out of the Acadecia or whatever it is called from on top of Crushbone keep.

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Nembutal Guest

Hmm...

That belongs in WoW... not EQ2... it weighs too much to be practical.. it's a cartoon toy.

I do like the detail... but realistically that would never be a real weapon.
  3. ARCHIVED-swordfel Guest

i dunno, to me it seems to have the same sort of style as the oggokian house items (oggokian chair, oggokian table, etc...). i wouldnt be surprised if that was originally an ogre or even an orc sword. it fits in with what their other stuff looks like. maybe slightly on the cartoonish side, but cool nonetheless. as long as they dont go too crazy stuff like this i think it looks ok.
  4. ARCHIVED-Facedown Guest

I think it looks great :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Clailmebe Guest

That looks really awesome! Ive never really been impressed with the weapon graphics in the game, even the glowies were basically just a normal looking sword with red stuff around it. I personally hope they added more weapons like this, btw what lvl is the weapon?
  6. ARCHIVED-Nembutal Guest

Yes... is does look kinda like an oggok table.

My table weighs about 100 lbs... I do not try to smite my enemies with it.

Just because something is done in a similar style does not mean that it suddenly becomes an effective weapon. That is like saying "hey swords are metal... this car is metal... I will swing this car at them and see if I can chop thier head off"

This is WoW stuff... cartoonish. It goes in line with the nerfed death penalties, the arenas, the duels, the increased loot rewards, the faster exp gain and everything else that SOE has altered to attract WoW customers... which is sad because many of us picked EQ2 because we didn't want to play WoW.... if people wanted to play WoW I suggest to them to go buy WoW and play it... not stick around and see if EQ2 will turn into WoW.

I just like variety... EQ2 was at one point in time more difficult and more realistic... now we have giant glowing flowers and swords that would weigh 175 lbs made out of what seems to be some sort of black rock a stick and some rope... and they made sure to fasten all the spare weights near thier weight bench to the handle for a hand guard.

If EQ2 = WoW where do people that liked what EQ2 was go? Vanguard?
  7. ARCHIVED-aias Guest

C'mon! How can you not like it? It's the Sword of a Thousand Truths! :smileyvery-happy:

The sword is just fine.
  8. ARCHIVED-swordfel Guest

try explaining this to an ogre and see how far you get :smileywink:
    i dont really know what to say about this sword. i mean, its cool and all, but your right, it couldnt be an effective weapon irl. still, this is a fantasy game, for all we know, that black rock it seems to be made of could be extremely light.
    if you look at it from a lore perspective, i think its not unlikely that an ogre or orc or even a troll might have come up with this. furthermore, youll notice that the stats arent exactly spectacular. this isnt to say there won't be fabled stuff with the same graphic, but its not exactly effective in game either atm, so some form of realism is still there (unless, of course, a better sword with the same graphic is discovered.
  9. ARCHIVED-Fazzarya Guest

The blade itself is actually pretty thin. I would honestly say, following the lore of how strong ogres are, that this could within the EQ universe quite easily could be an ogre sword.
    The sword is a lvl 63 weapon.
  10. ARCHIVED-Besual Guest

For my taste it's too cartoonish / manga style. It's not only the sword. Look at the gloves and the shoulders... already having a quite big manga touch.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gortesh Guest

Got it on my Gnome zerker last night. I wear it around town now, all the people who dont have EoF or are just starting out go gaga over it! xD
  12. ARCHIVED-Taeolen Guest

Oh, [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] them! People wiggle their fingers and shoot out fireballs and glowing swords and hammers that smash mobs. How dare they break realism with this cartoony looking sword!
  13. ARCHIVED-Gortesh Guest

It actually is'nt cartoony one bit. If you think about it, the Bugbears fashion all their weapons from stone, so it's only natural that they make crud elooking weapons. Also the bugbears are quite large and if you find one of them with this sword in their hand, it looks poportioned to the bugbear!
  14. ARCHIVED-Renzai Guest

Nice looking graphic.
  15. ARCHIVED-Nembutal Guest

Yes the design looks crude which is similar to ogre and troll design for living arrangements... I will agree with that.

However I walk into work daily... I work on computers. I have been doing it for like 10 years or so now.

You don't see me walking around with an Acer laptop.... because I know my trade.

An ogre wielding a weapon made out of rock and twine at the level this weapon is gained is... well dumb. Any "toon" in EQ2 is skilled in the art of killing... even priests after like lvl 30 you could say they are "pros" at it... I mean the guards in your city paid for by your king or queen start looking like targets for easy loot.

And yet you are going to fight with a rock tied to a stick with some twine....
  16. ARCHIVED-Pallida-Mors Guest

I think its nice that we got some new weapon / armor graphics. I also think this sword looks really nice.
    As for the vehemently opposed poster, relax man, we get that you don't like it, and we won't try to make you like it, but stop throwing RL into the mix, of a fantasy video game.
    If it makes ya feel better think of it as "enchanted to be the perfect weight to fight with, for your racial size" :smileytongue:
    you can use the "realistic swords" - pass me one of these please. :smileyhappy:
    /2c
  17. ARCHIVED-Taeolen Guest

Is it even rock for sure? It kind of looks like a dark rough shaped metal too.
  18. ARCHIVED-ailen Guest

I read some of these posts to my wife who also plays the game and I tell you, wow... there are sure some everquest snobs in this game.
    I mean, we want to talk about realism in a game where there isn't any.
    I see a picture of Big ogre, with a fierce looking weapon on it's back.
    Let me ask you this. What is the most unreal thing in this picture? The most UNREAL looking thing in that picture is the OGRE itself.
    Ogre to me, speaks of walking into a place, and smashing the you know what out of it. An Ogre should be wielding the biggest most absurd weapon in the game, not some pansy little sword that any human would use. If I had it my way, there'd be more realism in the game, in the aspect of this, and Ogres would be walking around with elves as crush weapons, and dual weilding gnomes.
    I think it's cool looking. Good Job SOE.
    give it a rest people... there's nothing "realistic" about this game.
    Message Edited by morxus on 11-16-2006 04:05 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Gortesh Guest

Actually..there are real things about this game...here are a few:
    1. Armor is real
    2. Weapons are real
    3. The economic system is the game is kind of like a mirrored reflection of the real world money systems.
    4. The Broker is sort of an auction house, but I like to think of it as one of those Rent-A-Center places, except you cant return items...
    5. We have multiple animals in the game that are real.
    6. GNOMES ARE REAL!(shut up)
    So yea...for all of you ''omg this game is getting too cartoony'' people. Look BEYOND the weapons and armor and look into the small aspects of the game.
    Once again...awesome sword graphic, people keep asking me where its from and I can't tell them because I cant remember the name of the instance!
  20. ARCHIVED-Zaknafiend Guest

THANK YOU!