Nexus PG help

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by gaymer77, Jun 17, 2017.

1. gaymer77 Active Member

So after being told that I need to run PG to get potency adorns for my white slots I started running them yesterday. I was given advice in general that there is some sort of run on the ground you're supposed to activate to help you with the instance. In my last group in there, we killed all the trash and couldn't find anything clickable in there. We decided to just "go for it" and killed a boss. Took us nearly 15 minutes (there was only 5 of us which I'm not sure is normal or not too) but after he was dead there was nothing to interact with.

How are you supposed to do this place? When we went to the second boss he damn near 1 shot me & the other tank and the healer just couldn't keep up so we ended up wiping which caused the group to fall apart. Help please.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Do nothing but spam solo PGs. Much more worth your time.
  3. gaymer77 Active Member

Um I was referring to a solo PG
  4. Redlight Well-Known Member

Snikk was referring to the solo pg as in the one you can now do alone NOT clicking solo queue on the grp one, just enter the PG lobby and behind to the right of the leader board there is a zone in portal enter and click the hovering icon ( there are 2 but left is easiest ) you will be transformed and can run the small zone. Gnoma
  5. Ryuken Active Member

He means, click the "Unranked" Portal behind the Leaderboard inside the Proving Grounds Lobby and do the Underdepths, which is a Proving Ground for one person.

My tip is to use the Infiltrator instead of the Guardian in Underdepths.

Do that one with all your characters, much easier and less wait on crucial classes to show up in your queue.
  6. gaymer77 Active Member

That is my bad. I thought I was in a solo PG but I guess I wasn't. Thanks for clarifying.
  7. Anatha Active Member

That still doesn't explain what the trick with this instance is. Some sort of thing to help that is on the ground? Didn't know that. What is is and where is it?
  8. Ryuken Active Member

Never seen/noticed anything on the ground.

Only thing noticable is that the Bosses gain abilities from the former boss killed.

Kill Toxbane (the noxious Boss), and the Myth something Golem gains Toxies noxious abilities and so forth.

Final Golem-Boss gains all the abilties/dots/debuffs, so its important to have someone Curing the group as soon as possible and don't let the debuffs linger.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

the thing on the ground must be the 2 runes at the start : guardian or infiltrator .. I only can think of that
  10. Anatha Active Member

That is for the solo instance though. Group instance is a different zone.
  11. Ryuken Active Member

But the Topic is Nexus PG help and he was in there with a group, so its impossible to be the runes, thats for the Solo Underdepths. :)
  12. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I've been doing the runs as the Guardian with no issue. Will have to see what the Infiltrator is like. But.. I kinda got the Guardian down pat. What's the benefit?
  13. Ryuken Active Member

Guardian is tankier but with Infiltrator you can finish the PG much quicker, Was around 5-6 mins per run before latest patch.
  14. Conifur Well-Known Member

I thought I had it down pretty good - what are you doing to get it that fast. I am around 8-9 minutes.
  15. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Well, if I only 1 level 100 toon and I have to wait 90 minutes before I do another run... kinda doesn't matter how long it takes I suppose. I can't make tokens any faster.