Next TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kittik, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Kittik Well-Known Member

If they release another TLE Server (which I hope they do) here are a couple things I hope happen.

Bringing back the original Classes of Fighter / Healer / Caster / Rogue which are then subdivided into classes at level 20.

Bring back stats. Str, Agi, Wis, Int, Con, Sta and get rid of that god awful +Primary stat +Stamina bullcrud.

Never introduce Mercenary's

Never introduce Resolve, Crit Mit, Crit Bonus, Potency

Never introduce Reforging

Never introduce that mechanic where you collected 5 gems and then you could upgrade your armor and then collect 10 gems and you upgrade it again...whatever that was called...hated it about as much as I've hated any mechanic this game had.

Limit Mounts (not the number you can have, but the outlandish design's some of them have)
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Majority of what you're asking for would require a large rewrite of the game, and to fully separate Live from TLE in terms of mechanics. It's not likely to happen.

Stats are limited by itemisation, what happens to that in next TLE is anybodies guess.

Gems would require re-writing the ToV/AoM Expac.

Limiting costmetics, why?
    Raff and Rhodris like this.
  3. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Yep, FAQ is out and none of what you are asking for is in the new server, sorry.
  4. Kittik Well-Known Member

Well Rivervale I'm avoiding all together. I don't like the Level Boost thing. Ruins the entire game IMO.
  5. Kittik Well-Known Member

How about giving me the option to make all mounts viewed as only a horse?
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

That waiting til level 20 before you actually reached your real class that you rolled back at level 1 sucked. It was extremely repetitive and limited with only a couple generic skills to use over and over until you finally reached any new class just to try it.

I've been here since launch, and things having weight, teams all getting XP debt whenever anyone on the team died, and having to craft 10 grey subcombines across several crafting lines just to make 1 item all sucked too. :p

Getting rid of all these things was the best thing SOE ever did. Rolling a Shadowknight at level 1 and being able to actually play as a Shadowknight from level 1 gives you many more skills and spells, all customized to your specific class right from the get go. It's way more immersive and took SOE way more time to create than that restrictive, choke hold of boringness they had at launch.

Sorry, that's one of my biggest pet peeves from launch, that and the shared XP debt. My Lord, healers and tanks were quitting the game left and right! And everyone yelled and played the Blame Game every time anyone went down. Yeesh.
    Raff, Rhodris and Korochun like this.
  7. Blaupunkt Active Member

What they should do is:

Disable the use of Krono - But that's never going to happen.
    Disable the use of XP pots - Probably not going to happen.
    Disable all spell research, make people grind those masters in dungeons and instances - Probably never going to happen.
    Make sure no P2W stuff comes to any TLE - Might happen
    Lower AA XP when AA comes live - Kaladim is still way to fast for AA.

And thats before we get on to looking at or fixing any game mechanics.
    nrokin likes this.
  8. Kittik Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this!!
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I don't understand people's obsession with primary stat, it's not like you really had a choice in which stats you picked because for 3/4ths of the game where you had the old stat system you were pigeon holed into literally running sets of gear like relic (or generic raid drops, spoiler: the scout chain was class restricted anyway), or like set bonus **** like the EoF/VP gear/avatar gear which was also pigeon holed. Not to mention primary stat in a way still does the same exact thing.

Other than that you still have literally the same exact stats just worded differently, like potency was always a thing, so was crit, ability mod, auto stats.

You simply have these stats coming into play at an earlier part of the game, it's better than having items have like +30 Str, +30 Sta, +15int. Grats, there's your scout piece. Pretty boring if you ask me. The problem comes into the fact that they introduce all these stats and then fail to balance them in a way that makes sense.

It's actually comical how on fallen gate 3.3% reuse was apparently = 360 ability mod, and on TLE at the moment somehow 3.3% ability reuse is = 21 ability mod. It's either a failure to understand the stats that xelgad made that caith is now trying to itemize, or pure laziness.
    Xiao, Mizgamer62 and Zenji like this.
  10. Kittik Well-Known Member

My issue is that Agi should be a stat that applies to everyone. Str is a stat that should apply to everyone. Wis and Int too. Some stats would be better suited to certain classes but if a piece of gear said +8 Str + 11 Agi + 10 Wis there are many classes that would want that. Especially if Str affect everyone melee attack and carrying capacity (is carrying capacity even in the game anymore, if not, that is something ELSE I want brought back) Agility should affect everyone's evasion chance... +Primary stats is lazy and bullsheit.
    Elrrohir likes this.
  11. Spectre Active Member

That was replaced years ago... Already happened
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Right that's cool.

But then you once again like I literally said earlier, that you had gear that was chain, restricted to scouts only, that had agi/str/int on it. Once again, no choice. Do you not understand this? Do you not remember how itemization used to go? Perhaps this helped.
  13. Kittik Well-Known Member

So. Who cares if some gear isn't allowed to be worn by everyone else. Let me guess you're also one of those people who think every class should be able to mez, every class should be able to heal, ever class should be able to dps? Who TF care's if some gear is restricted to a certain class. Making it so gear and the configuration of it (gear) should be part of the game, and those who "get it" have an advantage vs. those who don't.
  14. Seth Well-Known Member

Yeah i think the whole stat thing where it's at is a bit iffy to be honest, but the mobs are too simple for the stats we have been given, so either a rework of every mob in the game needs to happen, or just slightly fine - tune the stats to make it so content is moderately a challenge, not dark souls level though, but to a point of where if you kill a boss or a raid boss you feel satisfied. At the moment stuff does die, not to an extreme rate, but definitely to a questionable level.

But overall i like the stat change, it makes it simple, easy to understand ( prim stat ) the wis, intel, etc made the items seem too long and it sorta took your eye away from the actual stats themselves.

But yeah i also agree that potions / krono's should be removed and that AA is slightly nerfed, maybe split into tiers 5% for disco and ^ boss and 10% for ^^ boss, 15% for ^^^ boss, then maybe 20% per raid boss, that way it's not incredibly fast, but at the same time it gives you a reason other than loot farming for the broker to actually group up and do it, or maybe add in a " more group members = X amount % of xp or loot drop bonus " which should improve grouping even for quests etc, So there are a few idea's. It wont destroy the system, but instead maybe give it more structure?
    Kittik likes this.
  15. Elrrohir New Member

Yep agree w/ Kittik completely on the stat consolidation. Only Primary Stat + STA on gear really dumbed the game down. All the other stat grouping I don't really mind. Kronos should go away or never be able to sold on the market.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The gear is tuned in a way for mobs to be easy. Yes, the only challenge back in the day was typically having a massive gear check on a raid, also things like protection to uncontested block formula's were logical, same with mitigation.

Until those two things are fixed it's near impossible to create a gear curve on these servers.
  17. Somedude Active Member

I would not expect there to be a logical gear curve or progression path.

Simply put the underlying mechanics are far too broken and require too much work for this team to do. They can't even explain how the current live mechanics work, much less figure out how to build something that scales at the TLE level.

What we have for KoS is about as good as it gets I'm afraid.