Next step for Class Feedback?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fendaria, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Fendaria Member

With the class feedback threads now closed, what is the next step in the process?

I'm assuming someone is off reading them, but will we receive any type of feedback about what the plan is moving forward? What will attempt to be implemented or not? Is there developer time slotted for addressing these issues or is it less of a priority? Is there any type of timeframe associated with this?

I know you don't want to make promises over software developments/schedules/fixes etc, but there should be some kind of middle ground. A note like hey, we debating internally for the next two weeks, have maybe three weeks to put some things in place, you should see them on test server by end of March, and after March we wont have time to address anything for the next few months.

Or will we just have to wait and hope for some changes in the patch notes over the next few months and see?

Fendaria
  2. Salavar Active Member

I'm sure they will TAKE IT UNDER ADVISEMENT and put some of it to use in EQ NEXT if there even is such a thing.
    Lempo likes this.
  3. Gargamol Member

The whole class thread makes me nervous about the next GU... sounds like it is is going to be extremely light in the way of actual content. I would't be surprised if the class 'balances' are the big bullet point of the entire thing.
  4. Moldylocks Member

I mostly play caster's, so I'm really hoping they address the dumbfire pet issue. Thankfully, the Mage feedback brought up that point repeatedly so I'm crossing my fingers its got a bold circle around it on someone's whiteboard. Who knows what they'll address though, given their available time and staff.
  5. Thalador Active Member

If they actually fix things instead of OP one class and nerf another it would be worth it for the entire GU to be dedicated to that
    gargamelscat likes this.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

I'm concerned that they'll listen to the really bad advice and ignore the good advice. A voting system would be handy.
    Guiscard, Tylia and Terein like this.
  7. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Im afraid you may be right feldon....or at the very least we get a watered down fix for a handful of things and leave out many pressing issues from mage dumb fire pets, to templar's divinity's aid line, to tank fixes, etc. After all they clearly stated this would not be a big fix (though one has been warranted for years) as they have a tight schedule ahead of them and only a small amount of time prior to beginning work on next xpac.

Be nice if we could get as was suggested an update on the archtypes in general of course of whats being discussed, looked at, etc. Wont make everyone happy but be enough to give us a heads up what they are considering fixing or changing and the community would appreciate it for once...something thats been lacking far too long.
    Guiscard likes this.
  8. Kalderon Well-Known Member

If you fix 10 out of 11 classes, i bet 10 of 11 would say the last one is op :eek:
  9. Mohee Active Member

I could care less about a new expansion!

FIX STUFF THAT HAS BEEN BROKEN FOR YEARS AND YEARS!

and then add stuff to this expansion after you do that... :) thanks.
    Guiscard, Terein and gargamelscat like this.
  10. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I don't trust the voting system in this game, and I most certainly don't trust the voters, many of whom simply don't understand their classes very well.
    Terein, Druantia and Kalderon like this.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

I Would venture that around 40% of the playerbase doesn't know their class at all. 20% do not know thier class as well as they should. 20% of those who think they know their class are misled in some regions. About 15% of those who DO know thier class think they know others classes better and only about 5-10% of the players actually know enough about multiple classes to even start making suggestions. Those who do not know as much as they should really should either do some research or at least end thier statement with the disclaimer that they may not be 100% accurate.

I frequently end some of my suggestions with "I don't play X class or haven't since Y Date. As such take my words as 'best guess' type advice." This reads that while giving ideas a poster has at least realized that they are not an expert. However I will not say that I am unversed in Guardians and quite knowledgeable with Fighters. I know that I tried to give concentrated feedback with backing to my arguements in the Focused Fighter Feedback thread. I do hope others can feel they did the same.

I am not trying to sound condescending just that is what I try to think of before posting. It seems that a few in this thread are worried that bad-feedback will be paid attention to because it is easier to implement numerical changes rather than well thought out changes that would overall provide more positive impact, hopefully without causing undue balance shifts. I could easily list games were bad player-feedback has ruined them and at least 2 are run by SOE. Man; my posts do get long without trying :confused:
  12. gargamelscat Active Member

Let's have some balance shifts. So people with lots of alts have a reason to play them again. All of a sudden lately, everyone dusted off their coercers, which were the victims of a nerf a while back, but healed up recently. I see a lot more swashies starting up, though they used to be the least favored dps class until the prestige abilities made them much more attractive. And how many raids do you see anymore with defilers in them? Now it's all wardens and inquisitors isn't it? Well mostly. A splash of mystics. Two years ago defilers were to be worshipped. It's all fad, fashion and what sony wants to make op atm. Wait 6 months and it will change. Make lots of alts. Play the game.
    Kraeref likes this.
  13. Druantia Member

Agreed... like bards thinking they're T1 DPS, furys thinking they're casters, etc. There's a few fixes I've seen that would help but overall the PURE DPS classes should be balanced with each other, reforging should have ability reuse speed added to it not just spell reuse considering you can reforge OUT of ability reuse...... and maybe let us reforge to add to stats already on gear. Overall the game's been dumbed down so much you need to be in a high tier raid guild anymore to even get any kind of challenge, and the only challenge then is people not following scripts. I understand that there "might" be a new game in developement but why forget about one currently ongoing that needs attention payed to it and things fixed? Devote more time and resources into an already win game and there's no need to waste time and costs developing another. More content in new xpacs and fixing the issues at hand would bring the player base back up and increase revenue.
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Well Drauntia you can also Reforge out of Block Chance, Mitigation Increase and I believe even Flurry. Those stats are extremely desirable and would I think become unbalanced if you could reforge them. Same goes for Spell Doublecast and Ability Reuse Speed. I know I would value 3.5% More Block Chance over 3.5% AE-Autoattack for my Single Target tanking jewelry versus my AE-DPS jewelry (which I am still working on getting)

Yes, Bards are not T1 dps classes they are utility and fill in the T2 area much like some tanks do. The problem these days is many bosses, especially HM ones, all require very high amounts of DPS meaning even your Utility and Tanks have to be putting out 50-70% of the T1 dps's parse. I think that has led to class blurring and people don't know the difference now between say a Monk and a Bruiser beyond 1 or 2 skills. Same can be said for a Ranger and Assasin. The Difference? One uses a bow and one stabs things?

The specialties for classes have been dumbed down through changes; games evolve. I would like to see more uniqueness between classes again. Though now that many can cap out most stats, those are falling by the wayside. Spell-doublecast used to be almost indicitive of a Warlock or Time Warp only... however now with X2 TW's going off the Warlock has been hurt because the single target nukers, Wizzy especially, though Conj/Necro have the same, are out dpsing because Ice Comet when X2-Casted does more damage than Plaugebringer (I think). So I think the classes may need re-envisioning and I hope some of the Focused Feedback Threads purpose was designed at that. The Devs now have pages of issues both large and small the players feel are there. They don't have to listen, but they are there.
  15. Xelgad Developer

Hey guys,

We're going to push the changes to test with Game Update #66, and you will have a chance to give feedback on how the changes are implemented during that time. I can't give you a date for when they'll hit test, but it will be a little while.

Thanks again to everyone who posted their feedback!
    Neiloch, bombo, gargamelscat and 5 others like this.
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Thank you Xelgad, guess it is time to recopy Estred over to beta/test to prepare for some testing instead of number crunching after things go live.
  17. Bolbir Active Member

Basicly all classes are fine in one way or another but at this point all classes need an update as spells AA's being outdated or notworking as intended or not working at all, and some classes needs to be tuned up or down abit.

But the big problem as i se it is when they make a new expansion like DoV 1, as an example, when all raid content and even most heroic content is favoured for only a few classes that is given op abillitys, you know what im talking about here. striketrough immune brawlers, inquisitors for the groupcures. And if 95% of the content is build around that ofc people are complaining/quiting the game feeling left out.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

beta/test copy add is not working at the moment and the button in the character select screen isn't there at least for me. yes I /bugged it
  19. Chocmerc Member

I hope theres some buffs coming for the guardian, at least for his heroic level tanking, as sks and brawlers are tankin circles around me :/ not even a gear issue, since they usually have worse gear than me lol.

Honestly the biggest thing that would help is to buff the mythical a little, I mean, low proc rate CC immunization for 5 seconds or some such is rather useless imo, never procs when I need it, and all other classes cept bzerk have a cure. For the many buttons I need to push as the battle goes on, and the fact that I have to activate my death prevent, being CC'd and unable to push any self help buttons is rather lame. Also, while im sure it cuts down on damage taken, I mean, really? Immunity to riposte is kind of silly, point me to a boss that ripostes everything with deadly counter attacks, and if not requires then recommends you take a guard to take down.
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

That proc immunity has saved my bum more times than I can count. I needs to be changed yes but the proc immunities are part of what a Guardian is. Warriors do not get cures, wouldn't make sense to. I am sorry you feel the Mythical is worthless but it has it's merits. The problem is these days most bosses have some form of CC that bypassing our immunity. The best way to power up the Myth imo would be to add an immunity to "no beneficial effects" thus letting us cast where no other tank can, albeit on a random chance.

Ripost immunity is actually very helpful considering how much damage a boss-ripost is; it also helps in PvP. Many HM-Bosses recommend a Guardian, or at least a Brawler. The DR on the Myth could be returned to its original 10% without much balance changes imo. The biggest problem is Wrath of the Warrior does minimal damage compared to what some other classes get. These issues were addressed though by myself, Daalilama and Rhita on the Focused Fighter Feedback thread. Outside of high-end raid yes Guardians are weak, this is because by design they have always been the "raid" tank and I like that.

A tip for you is to reforge AE-Auto Attack that will help out a lot in Heroic.