Next playable race added--good alignment/neutral -please??? D:

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Shrell, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-troodon Guest

I already got my Sarnak, something I had been asking for for years, so I'm more than happy with the current race selection.. If they were to add another race I'd vote for Othmir... they just look so cool.
  2. ARCHIVED-Swifthand Guest

Kaerou@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Actually, Centaurs would NOT be a MMO first playable race.. They were playable in Shadowbane, along with birdmen, gargoyle/demons, etc..

I'd love to see Aviaks more than anything. They already have great lore background with EQ and EQ2..

If Aviaks are not on the agenda, then perhaps bring in Orcs, gnolls, or Drakkin from EQ1. These are pretty much the only legitimate races that can become playable imho.
  3. ARCHIVED-Uzzaden Guest

One thing that I think woudl be interesting... this particualr model was originally slated as a playable race in EQ. The developers NIX it and they are left with a working model .. I think this would be cool.. I would like to see this come back it was so much fun
    [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Shrell Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Shrell Guest

6. ARCHIVED-FireDragon Guest

Uzzaden wrote:
    If only.. i wanted them as a player race sooo badly.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Well I don't really see how Shissar would fit with the "coming skeletal" revamp.

Orcs would be fun.

Some kind of Void-half breed would be cool. Like the various Outsider half-breeds from D&D.
  8. ARCHIVED-backtostart Guest

I kinda like what they did in EQOA with wereraces and vampire hunters.
    You could do a quest that let you choose between 5 or 6 diffrent werecreature. Once a werecreature there was no turning back but gave you great abilities. The problem was that some guards in cities and other npc's could tell who was a werecreature and they would kill you. On the other hand you could choose to be a vampire hunter that also gave you great abilities against undead and werecreatures including players, but wasn't as powerful as being a werecreature. The choice was yours but one that really mattered, no well i dont think i like this today wishy washy redo's.
    Some of the werecreatures you could be were:
    wererat
    werealigator
    werelion
    werewolf
    I thinkthere was one or two more but i can't recall what they are right now.
    Was a very cool system
  9. ARCHIVED-tikasa Guest

Xanrn wrote:
    No Skeletal revamp coming soon or ever. Confirmed by Kirstie, they are working on other solutions ( I do not believe them anymore after 2 years of "working" on the Skeletal revamp )
  10. ARCHIVED-fixingstep Guest

Stat-wise a good race with super high STR, high STA, slightly high INT, low WIS and very low AGI would best fill the Good lineup in terms of balancing racial stats. Resistance - wise something with high elemental, slightly high divine, slightly low mental and low noxious/magic would offset the Good current weaknesses.

Neutral/divided race wise a race with slightly high STR/STA slightly low AGI/INT higher arcane resist medium noxious low elemental resist would fill the gaps currently

im aware that racial attributes are miniscule contributors above level 10 in this game but the racial traditions could be tailored in that direction
  11. ARCHIVED-Lightstrider Guest

No sign of a new race in any of the expansion details for The Shadow Odyssey, so looks like it's a ways off yet before we get one.
  12. ARCHIVED-Twitty98 Guest

Orc's yes orc for the next playable race.... some orcs were seperated from their clans and they were passive orc's yeah... and some wandering erudites befriended them and taught them good ways and they want to try to make friends with the rest of norath in the hope of bringing their new ways to their errant brothers in sinking sands yeah... ok maybe not
  13. ARCHIVED-Gambit526 Guest

I find it VERY ridiculous that Qeynos will not be getting a new city/race.
    We got the Fae, and by July Freeport got Neriak and the Arasai. They get the Sarnaks and Gorowyn, and we're not even given a rip-off Sarnak or new city of some sort?
    Qeynos=Freeport...KoS Guards, Good/Evil, Good+Neutral or Good+Evil Races.
    Gorowyn=Kelethin...No KoS Guards, Neutral, Neutral+Good or Neutral+ Evil Races.
    Neriak Mimics the same rules as Qeynos/Freeport...and no other city for the Goodies is equal to Neriak.
    Fae=Arasai
    Sarnak=No equal
    I'm very upset.
    In a questing/obtaining gear perspective (and a slight PvP)...The Evil side has too many advantages. ANT/CL are not very viable for questing or gear early on in levels, and neither is TS or Nek. Good side= Gfay and adjacent BBM. Evil Side has DLW, TD, with easy access to BBM. That's 3 zones early on for Evil side, and only 2 for Goodies. Not to mention DLW and Gfay suck nowadays...meaning that the only really good questing area is TD, with direct access to Gorowyn.