Next playable race added--good alignment/neutral -please??? D:

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Shrell, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Do you know if the total of Rodcet's race was evil or just those on Norrath?

Still want the Icepaw, even if they have migrated with a few Coldain Dwarves to Antonica or wherever this expansion takes us.
  2. ARCHIVED-Graditz Guest

EQ1 Drakkin looks was not that great. If they did add them back into the game I would hope they would get a makeover for EQ2. Other than the looks of them everything else was nice.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I don't believe they made it into our time line when EQ1 shattered into EQ2 during the Plane of Time situation. Besides there is already a Dragon-kin type race loyal to the Dragons and if you really want it is one of the simpler of the collection questlines to get the illusion.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

I'm for the idea of adding gnolls. However i like otters too. I wouldn't mind gobbies either. But you can only get 1 to even it out so i would go with gnolls. Other ideas could be orcs or "Centaurs". However how would a centaur look on a mount? LOL

As for a new Good city to even out that flow, how about a new barbarian city in the eastern mountains of antonica? A little south of stormhold could be a zone entrance to another outdoor zone that could rival as the good version of darklight, which would also connect to TS through a tunnel that leads into the ocean with a path leading around the mountains. In this new zone there could be a barbarian style city where barbarians, dwarves, humans, and a mystery race could live. It could sorta resemble halgarad from vanguard, but in a more EQ barbarian style. The area could be high in the mountains where it's snowy. Not as snowy as everfrost but will have trees with snow on top of them, and evergreen.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Also Drakkin look like a Mutation and either may not have survived long or evolved into the Droag. I'm for Bridgekeep in an undiscovered section of TS probably that large ridge to the left once you step off the dead River Docks.

This expansion is looking more like adding lost parts of the Shattered lands then a new continent (I could be wrong) maybe revamping the current shattered lands as well (I really want to climb some of those Antonican Mountain ranges for once)

If Icepaw Gnolls become a playable race It could very well be a group of Refugees.
  6. ARCHIVED-Birna Guest

Hebitsuikaza wrote:
    Lol, I was thinking the same thing. I think there's more than enough animal-like races as there is. Although I must admit the rattongas are at least cute. But yeah, seriously, what's up with that? I'd love to see another race or two though, I love diversity (just not the furry/scaly type :p )
    Drakkin on the other hand, sounds more interesting to me.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Better then yet-another Elf/stout/human race.
  8. ARCHIVED-Chaly Guest

TMNT. Hell, there's already an option for rolling Splinter ... ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

I still vote for Othmir. Then Domino will have an excuse to make Fez caps craftable in all teirs.
  10. ARCHIVED-Imahin Guest

I would really root for orcs, they show enough variety to be a player race. Skin and facial options would give a good amoutn of variety.
    Gnolls make sense because of the body structure similarities to Sarnaks. Something extraplanar would jive with the expansion.
    Drakkin, however, are just humans with ridiculous hair, i'd hate to see them get a slot.
    Ideally, i'd want something insectoid - I don't think another MMO has done an insect race, it'd be interesting.
  11. ARCHIVED-Birna Guest

Imahin wrote:
    I guess orcs, or better yet; half-orcs would be ok. As a neutral race. Much better than another animal-like race, I just have a problem relating to those. I've tried them out but they just feel wrong.

I found the Genasi race in Neverwinter Nights 2 very facinating and wish we could have something like that.

"Genasi are descended from elemental-related creatures. Most of them have had no direct contact with their elemental forebears, but the signs of their heritage are apparent. Genasi take great pride in their distinctive features and abilities.
    They resemble humans, only with one or two unusual features which correspond to their element, such as wispy hair for air genasi or red skin for fire genasi. Genasi also have special abilities which correspond to their element."
    Air Genasi:

[IMG]

Fire Genasi:
    [IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Well, my hopes for a new race before the next expansion have pretty much been dashed. With the outlining of all the GUs up to September, there's not much room for a new race. :( Aw well. Maybe with the new expansion (although, I'm doubting that as well seeing what the expansion seems to be about).
  13. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I don't think it will be Orcs fist off Females don't exist for them yet they SEEM to mate with other races with their genes coming to the fore much like the Africanized Honey bee (Making Half Orcs an apparent non-issue).

Also they are like the goblins(Who at least have the Gigglegibbers and Nugans as examples of social ambassadors) in that they are a universal villain throughout Norrath one of the side stories has always been the Orcs continued aggression in Zekk, Ro, Commonlands, High seas, and Faydark.

While Gnolls are also like this they did have one EQ1 Tribe that was non-aggressive, the Icepaw. Also in EQ2 there is the Splitpaw, even with them being endo-cannibals (Meaning they ear their own tribe or race if they get too hungry) who Seem to be at least willing to let other races into their tunnels and even profit from said contact.

Add to this they have also been making Contact with the other Brell-created races, such as, Dwarves and Gnomes this means they can get their ambassadors in the door. sure peace talks would not be easy and there would be hold outs on either side, I know the Far Seas Trading Company would also have an interest in pacifying the gnoll issues so that it can concentrate on the Sea faring Orc vessels.
  14. ARCHIVED-Swifthand Guest

I wouldn't mind seeing Othmir becoming the newest playable race, but theres one race I'd love to see playable more than Otters... BIRDMEN!!!!!!

^_^
  15. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

And clip their flying ability?
  16. ARCHIVED-Billet Guest

My vote is for the gnolls, seems to go well with Qeynos.

Plus the character model is somewhat similar to the Sarnak.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Since the game is likely to be around still lost parts of Old Antonica and the Void Invasion, The only way I could see them getting the Icepaw Gnolls in to the expansion would be that during the rending a large number of Icepaw were forced from rapidly flooding isles around Velious and onto quickly constructed ships (Maybe a few Thurgadin Dwarves as well)

They were found near drifting in near wrecks by the Far Sea's Trading Company and brought back to Highkeep as a buffer against some of the other threats on the once mountain top(Bleed-over from Kithicor, Orcs , other Gnolls).

While they are a shamatic society, they are also practical and realize they have to adapt or die, they make Icepaw Burrow in some of the colder regions of Isles.

That's my theory and I like it ;)
  18. ARCHIVED-FireDragon Guest

Orcs can be replicated by using Ogres.. they're just ogre's all over again. You can eve make ogres green and use the moppet if need be. I just think that like Sarnak, they should be something new.

Aviaks are my top want. They're different and awesome.
    Gnolls would also be awesome (as muhc as I would hate to have to reroll the Gnoll character I already have by uisng petrified eye + bone chips)
    Centaurs would be awesome: they would be an MMO first. (they could have mount-like racial choices to boost speed) and before anyone says 'but mountz ohnoes!' several classes already have mounts as a useless feature with class runspeed buffs (like Wardens and some scouts) Plus, i hate the MMO mount reliance..
    I like the idea of a proper insectoid race. Its never bee done before.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Kaerou@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I'll wait for World of Starcraft for an insectoid like race ;)
  20. ARCHIVED-zerfall Guest

Jovie@Guk wrote:
    Not meaning to derail this thread but...

While you may not be a fan of how the current Erudites look (frankly neither am I, but...) but there is in fact a canon lore reason why they look the way they do.

It has to do with a HUGE amount of magic (I can't remember if it was a weapon of some kind, or mass experiment, I'm leaning towards weapon) being released, causing the Erudites to "mutate" over time into the non-human/alienlike beings that they are now. Perhaps someone else can provide more insight into this, although chances are a quick search on the History and Lore forum would provide the correct answer.

[edit] http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=357339 has the answer, in that the Quellithulians (Erudites of Erudin and Paineel) came together to perform a magical ritual that ultimately transformed all Erudites Norrath-wide.