Next playable race added--good alignment/neutral -please??? D:

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Shrell, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

Amphibia wrote:
    Why so personal? Why would I not be reliable? Pretty sure there is still dueling on PvE servers, and I'm pretty sure I tested it out before I posted. So thanks, but it doesn't get much more reliable than that.

And class imbalance is one of the biggest problems in EQ2, but not because of PvP. You make up less than 2% of the population. We don't care, tbh, but SoE still does. And yes, there would literally be Hades raised by any person who plays a class that can be affected by a master strike. Period. You are an idiot if you don't think that, and a liar if you say you would create one.

Calling it a slightly different race would be a good call, and I never said that wouldn't be an option. But it was already said so I felt it didnt need to be called to attention, as it is a fundamentally sound idea.

That being said, I will stand by my statement that it would be a hindrance to them making gnolls playable, even though they were at the top of my list for last expansion. Also, SoE has a way of adding races that you have never seen in the game before. Frogloks, Fae, Arasai, Sarnaks--none of them were ever seen in the core of EQ2 before they were added.

So as much as I would love to play a gnoll, I'll just throw some sound logic in with our wishful thinking and see what happens.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

Azag@Crushbone wrote:
    I don't HATE this idea...

But what kinds of racial traits would they have? The same as the race? Interesting idea, just flesh it out a little bit...pun intended.
  3. ARCHIVED-chazhailey Guest

There was a holiday quest in EQ1 that required you till kill enough of these things for a drop to earn you KoS faction... Nothing more embarassing than getting killed by a buncha otters when you were on an island populated by wyverns...
  4. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

Kamaala@Kithicor wrote:
    My comments are in red.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

That post is almost 3 months old, and has since been corrected as it was nothing more than a BUG. Whether the MS DID work on sarnaks at one point is irrelevant, as it does not work anymore. And the Di'Zok strike came in with the arrival of Sarnaks, and it was pretty much a given that it wouldn't work on them when it came out. If it did, then it was a mistake.

I'm not trying to be overly argumentative, but I just don't see them adding a class retroactively to the game after the fact of them having a master strike. Mastery over a playable race would just be crazy. I don't know what the lore is behind these Ice Gnolls, but they would have to be like polar opposites of regular gnolls for it to make sense for the master strike to not work on them. I'm talking wood elves vs. Dark elves.

Back to work
  6. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

In EQ1 the Ice Paw Gnolls were a NPC race that started out indifferent to you considering up until there that all other Gnolls aside from one in SK who was connected to a Qeynos Faction and one who in WK who had been adopted by a human family (Who also adopted an Ogre) It was a Novel concept.

Believe it or not what REALLY struck up my interest in them was the EQ1 pen and Paper Monster Manual which gave them not only NPC stats but the ability to make them a PC race with one of the classes being Monk and in EQ1 a race capable of being a Monk was extremely rare as in Human Iksar almost exclusively.
  7. ARCHIVED-Shrell Guest

Just had a wild thought, but an interesting race would be something like a "cursed" whatever. In the daytime, they look normal as can be, but at night they have the were curse and become a nasty looking beast with sharp pointy teeth!
  8. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

You mean the Werewolves of either Darklight Woods or the Loping Plains
  9. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

the issue then, how would iksar or froglok be werewolves? it might still be possible but seems silly.
  10. ARCHIVED-HeiligHangranate Guest

I want to play a drafling! Based on the Mudskipper stories, I'd say it's as likely as anything else for the expansion.
  11. ARCHIVED-ZThoth Guest

HeiligHangranate wrote:
    What's a drafling? I can't read the Lore on EQ2players.com because my work blocks that site entirely.
  12. ARCHIVED-HeiligHangranate Guest

A drafling is a dragon with the face of a hafling. The picture of one in the Mudskipper stories looks very much like one of the creatures in Where The Wild Things Are by Shel Silverstein. In the story, a drafling befriends a halfling and helps him build a flying machine, and in return the halfling builds Drafling Tower in Rivervale. SOE has said that if you read the Mudskipper stories, you'll be able to figure out a lot about the next expansion. Well, I haven't figured out much, but I like the look of the drafling, so I'm going with that.
  13. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

the picture in that story just looks like someone weiring a suit to me.
  14. ARCHIVED-HeiligHangranate Guest

Ooops, it wasn't Shel Silverstein (Where the Sidewalk Ends), it was Maurice Sendak who wrote Where the Wild Things Are. It was one of my favorite books to read my son when he was just Tier 1. He loved it and because just as warped as I am, as evidenced by the fact that he enjoys playing this game as much as I do.
    I just thought that the Drafling bore a resemblence to the creatures in that book. Anyone else remember that book?
  15. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

What i think they should do is introduce a race that has been fighting the Shadowmen for millenia, something like Rodcet or Anashati's first race, or Rodcet's actual race. Then introduce them as a new playable race. OR addd in something like Shadow-Human mix or something, that's good bound. who knows, i'm just mumbling.
  16. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

rodcet's race was evil. he was the exception.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

Yeah i realized that two mins after i posted.
    I guess what i really meant is more towards a race that Rodcet has created.
    And were they purely evil? I can't recall
  18. ARCHIVED-Graditz Guest

Has anyone thought of the other race that EQ1 has that we do not?
    Drakkin http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/e...eserpentsspine/
    Drakkin were added in TSS; their hometown is Crescent Reach. The Drakkin are an artifical race created by six breakaway dragons of the Nest. The breakaway dragons, calling themselves the Circle of the Crystalwing, kidnapped humans and infused them with draconic power. The six dragons, now found in Crescent, created six unique types of Drakkin.
    Drakkin get a unique series of AoE breath skills (aka Dragon Breath), that are DOTs + resist debuffs, with the exact effect depending on what color (aka Heritage) the Drakkin is.
    • You determine the heritage, when creating your Drakkin, under the "appearance" tab.
    • These progressive abilities are quested, and start here.
    The Drakkin was a neutal race in EQ1. Why not have them return?
  19. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

I think after years and years of warfare Qeynos and Blackburrow should forge an alliance.
  20. ARCHIVED-Shrell Guest

eq1 drakkin are horribly designed. They all look like prince in an emo fit.