Next expansion or adventure pack?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Legend2u2, Feb 20, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Legend2u2 Guest

I have looked all over and can find no descriptions or details of any upcomming expansions or adventure packs. I know in the past these have come out even before one of the above was released. Am I missing a thread or something, please help me out. My guildies who look to me as the forum scrounger are not so much getting bored as wanting to see new horizons and I have nothing to offer them. A link or suggestion would be most appreciated.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sartredes Guest

Your not missing anything. There haven't been any announcements, or to my knowledge discoveries (like reserving a title name), for any future expansions/adventure packs. I seem to remember reading that there were no adventure packs in the pipeline for the near future. I'm hoping they didn't go the way of the SOE Worlds magazine. I'm guessing we'll hear something before the end of summer. Either a press release from an industry convention or maybe an announcement at Fan Faire (which is probably this summer, though still unscheduled I think). I'm hoping for something sooner, but I've still got so much to see from all the previous releases, I'm not hurting for new content.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dikatin Guest

Searching the database of the US Patent and Trademark Office, I found an entry "Everquest II - Rise of Kunark". Guess that could be the next expansion.
  4. ARCHIVED-lucid_dream Guest

link please? i searched the database and couldn't find it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dikatin Guest

EDIT: Stupid session system. Here's what to do: 1. go to http://www.uspto.gov 2. click the "How To Search"-link on top of the page 3. click "search Trademarks now" 4. click "New user form search (Basic)" 5. use the search term "rise of kunark". You should be directly redirected to the entry.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nocifer Deathblade Guest

Sure hope its true! Been hoping for ROK 2.0 and wanted to visit Cabilis once again but I'm sure it'll be ruled either by Sarnaks or Shissars this time instead of Iksars.. I bet that Cabilis will be evil city with playable Sarnak or Shissar to keep good and evil in balance cuz EOF is for good side.. I wonder how ROK looks like in EQ2's enivornment. Must be so beautiful!
  7. ARCHIVED-lucid_dream Guest

Thanks for that! Certainly appears true. Wow! Looking forward to it...
  8. ARCHIVED-Nocifer Deathblade Guest

[p]Thanks for the edit with proper link. Now, thank you a lot for that. Making days go slower starting now to the expansion as I can't wait for it. Grr hehe. ROK was one of my favorite expansion for EQ1 so was SOV.. [/p][p]Cuz it might have playable evil city Cabilis with new playable race: Sarnak or Shissar with huge expansion size just like EOF then I would hope it stays at lvl 70 as cap but add new racial OR Diety AA with increased cap of 50 then we are good to go! Maybe add few more new secondary tradeskills cuz tinker and transmute as only 2 secondary TS is too limited..[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

[p]How much you want to bet Smed is going dang US sunshine laws!! In reguards to the Trademark office.[/p][p]This is exsactly how we found out the title to EoF about 2 mouths or so befor the "Offical" anouncement of it just befor E3. Sence E3 is no longer the event it once was I am not certain that they will be anoucing it around that event, but I am shure as soon as they are prepared to release Apha Screens of it, we will know the VERY basics of what Expaintion 4(RoK) will be.[/p][p]As to Adventure Packs, Smed has all but said they have gone the way of the Dodo, Instead they are focusing on Monster Expaintions(with a dev cycle as long as or longer then EoF) and larger "free" live content such as Unrest.[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-FairysTear Guest

ke'la wrote:
    [p] So no more of the adventure packs ? They are moving to a expansion system like Eq1 then? Meaning only 1 or 2 expansions a year but they will be bigger then the adventure packs were. [/p]