Next expansion beta and testers

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Hello,
    The next expansion should go live in November. According to what was done those past years, we should expect beta opening in October or late September, so I'll ask the same question asked each year: what will Testers do?
    Up until TSO, Testers were always accepted in the early stages of closed beta (Kiara was very helpfull with that). With SF, some of us were missed and we had to ask and give our names to be flagged. With DoV, betat-testers were chosen randomly and some very dedicated testers were flagged only a couple days before the end of Beta. It disappointed a lot of us.
    I'll say what I always say: we (as a whole) are qualified for beta-testing as we're used to buggy environment, know potential workarounds, will know what needs to be /bug, /feedback and /typo and we'll usually rush to test whatever a dev is asking to test. We also often try our best to reproduce bugs to give additionnal feedback on said bugs without crying in the skirts of our mother if we're stucked somewhere (mommy Dominooooooo! it doesn't wooooork!).
    We won't just come for the pleasure of using a beta buffer, runing duels at SS docks and so on. We'll Test.
    So, knowing that, could it be possible to allow the Testers, those flagged for this board, to join beta soon(tm) (aka, not the last week of beta) when it'll launch, being hand-picked and all.

Thanks in advance
  2. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

agree Whilhelmina,
    Though I was in at a very early stage of this last beta, I agree with Whilhelmina. Alot of my fellow testers were nowhere to be found when I searched for them to be there. Instead they were all over this testers only forum asking when and if they were going to be flagged. The folks that were in early, most that join my guild were there maybe 3 days tops and nowhere to be found after. "only here to see who things going to work, not staying or testing" is what they tell me. I stopped inviting folks into the guild. Anyway, just my 2cents.. well maybe a dime with inflation the way it is these days...
    Eshaac
  3. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

EQ1 beta is already going I hear...
  5. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

What they said