Newprogression server?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by cathulu, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I played on the beta server for 11 hours yesterday. I got to level 9 crafting and level 9 adventuring. All I was doing were quests, harvesting, and crafting. In that 11 hours, I found nothing that is a bug. I did find some rewards and drops that still need itemization and there is no forum to post such things on, at least when I looked yesterday.

Cyrrena
  2. questiondude New Member

Are they sticking with the 3 month per expansion thing??? I hope they make it longer per expansion and cap it around EOF before the game started to change for the worst like they are doing with eq1 and Agnarr.
  3. VGScastaway Member

lol no I don't want the game to die. I'm being snarky. I play on live server and have a very natural dislike of event servers :).
    I want to log into to live servers and have people there to run groups with. The majority of people I see (not including hb accounts - and on AB, which makes it a little worse maybe) are standing afk around the of pq area... Or dead around of pq area because devs are pissed about people doing that now. The rest are fruitlessly spamming for groups, on break or endlessly grinding pg for the rewards. Wouldn't it make more sense to put bis rewards like the pg items into live content that everyone can run together?

I would like to see server mergers so the cross-server concept of PG (which is buggy, and only a few zones you have to run endlessly) is not the bandaid covering the leaky dike of bleeding/already low server populations.
  4. Scott4323 Active Member

They at least need to go through rise of kunark, I liked that one a lot
  5. Conifur Well-Known Member

If you get a crate for being level 30 or 150 quest how do they keep track if "The Beta server is wiped periodically, meaning Beta characters may be deleted with or without notice."?
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Proh New Member

Debby downer time ~ many of us tested the hell out of TLE prior to Deathtoll/Stormhold, posted credible bugs/broken mitigation/ treasured being better than raid gear, whatever else. We were the first group to 50 on either TLE so we had some credibility and were in contact with Gninja often. Next to nothing was changed until we quit in DoF.

Their big "splash" last TLE was reviving the starting boat and Isle of Refuge a day before launch. 90% of players skipped the isle and started in Halas or Darklight Wood anyway. Speaking of Halas, the Qeynos mount quest wasn't able to be completed and reported tons of times, never to be fixed prior to launch (it gave you an appearance item to equip and appearance items were disabled on Deathtoll).. Luckily DBG was selling cheap affordable overpowered Daybreak cash mounts that gave you ability mod.

I bet if i logged on that Beta server there are less than 20 people playing. How many bug reports are they receiving? Check out their patch notes thread and see if literally anything gets changed by end of beta. Going through the motions friends... On that note my EQ account is active from Agnarr anyway so regardless how terrible the server is i'll probably race to 50 again.
  7. Scott4323 Active Member

There are a lot more than 20 people playing beta.

Also,

EQ2 > EQ1 therefore

Fallen Gate > Agnarr
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

Gninja is not doing itemization on TLE anymore. Fyreflyte took over around TSO. On SH at launch about 80% of the loot was not updated, atm in Beta that is down to about 40% for levels 1-30 and about 60% for 40-50. Hopefully post beta those numbers are even better.

Beta has consistently had several hundred players on since about 8 hours in. I wouldn't hold your breath for detailed patch notes regardless of them making any changes or not. However, since EoF on Stormhold they have made several changes to loot and mobs. Not always for the better, but changes none the less.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Ashe Member

I kinda want them to remove starting in halas and DLW, give us Freeport of Qeynos only
  10. Arandar Well-Known Member

All due respect, you're comparing apples to oranges here. They're actually doing with Fallen Gate what they should have done with Stormhold, which is go back and review itemization across the board, starting at level 1. They didn't at the time, and so you had this mashup of gear that was unchanged from launch, zones and gear that had been revamped several times, some gear that significantly exceeded the normal stat ranges, and some specific gear that was boosted right before Stormhold launched (mostly related to the Fire and Ice / Deception epic quests, but also some others like Tarton's Wheel).

In other words, Daybreak allowed itemization across the lower tiers to become a complete mess. And before the TLE servers came out, there was really no reason to care. For the most part, it was gear for levels that people would be at for a few hours (or minutes).

To Daybreak's credit, they've tasked Fyreflyte to go through and rebalance everything so that it makes sense for today's game mechanics, and consideration for how it actually impacts progression on the TLE servers. There's still a lot of work that needs to be done, which is why it's good that Fallen Gate isn't opening for a few more weeks. But what has been done is a massive step in the right direction.

Fallen Gate has the chance to be successful in ways that Stormhold wasn't, if gear progression is addressed (and it is) and the devs don't decide to get "creative" again with content, dialing up the difficulty to 11 just to see how much punishment the playerbase was willing to take. They found that out after they did this when Kingdom of Sky unlocked on Stormhold, and within a month, they lost a huge number of players. By the end of EoF and the beginning of the RoK era on Stormhold, they had largely stabilized things so hopefully that lesson learned will carry on through.
    Draknox likes this.
  11. Momo Well-Known Member

Carynn likes this.
  12. Filnydar Member

Capping Agnarr brought some people back to the game, but many players (me included) see the server as a place where to have fun for a few months, but with no long term perspective.
  13. Kenn Well-Known Member

I did for the first 70 or so times that I ran that content.
  14. Kenn Well-Known Member

Do you think it would go too fast if the unlock triggered when every quest up to that level was completed. Not by each person, but by the combined players.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

Just an update on loot, Fyreflyte has already updated over 3700 items on beta! That is a good sign for FG that they are taking itemization seriously. Also well done to everyone that is providing constructive feedback in beta. It is actually making a difference.
    Siren likes this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Is research going to be allowed on Fallen Gate, or will it not be allowed (like Stormhold)?
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

Mizgamer62 likes this.
  18. Momo Well-Known Member

Please please, dear Almightys from above, post a time. I'd really like to be there when it starts, need to know if I have to take the day off. As well as the rest of the week, of course :D

*shuffles his feetsies*