Newbie QS

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-crafter48, Apr 29, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-crafter48 Guest

Hi
    Firstly I hope I have posted in the correct area as I couldnt find a dedicated Newbie Area for Crafters.
    I was skilling a crafting Toon and just pinged Lev 10 in Crafting and went for a quick walk thru the Antonia area and couldnt see any nodes at all . Is this because I am too low level for spotting t2 nodes or just that the nodes are rare or farmed out. Does anyone have any ideas re this ?
    Love the crafting side of the game and want to become a valued Crafter on my server Kithikor?
    I have checked around the web and found this quote from "Den Mother"
    "Once you've left the Colony/Outpost, each area in the lower tiers has a set number of harvestable nodes that can be active at a time (and the area can be either the entire zone, or some portion of the zone, depending on the region)."
    http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/a...tr=040000000000
    For T2 does this mean that nodes are random per area and so a larger map needs to totally explored each time or are certain areas known for nodesz
    Hope this hasnt been answered elsewhere
    Thanks Again
    A Newbie Crafter
  2. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Hi!
    T2 always has nodes but Antonica and the Commonlands are very large zones so they are scttered around.
    Depending on your ADV level you can find them in many places, in Ant you can check near the druid ring and wiz spire for nodes, there is agro there though so be careful if you are a lowbie adv too.
    Commonlands has nodes near the griff stations and druid ring.
    Gfay you can find nodes just about everywhere as well but again it's a large zone.
    Darklight Woods has a T2 section on the west side of the river, some agro at places but mostly pretty easy to harvest at all but the lowest of adv levels.
    Timorous Deep has a T2 section too, but I would have a hard time telling you where exactly it is, I just know it's not at the dock.
    Here is a good guide at eq2traders of the zones and the nodes:
    http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/a...tr=040000000000
    And since you are harvesting you should pick up the signature quest for the harvesting cloak too:
    http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/a...tr=060000000000
    Good luck, and welcome to the world of tradeskilling!
  3. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Another nice place to check in Antonica is around the Oracle Tower or by Archer's Woods. There are no nodes right by Qeynos, so you'll have to travel out a bit to find them. :) Good luck!
  4. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

If you travel up the road from North Q a bit - you'll start noticing harvesting nodes on the right and left sides. Then you'll come to a small tavern on your right. There are many nodes around that area and into the woods (Archer) behind and to the right of the building.
    You shouldn't have problems reaching the area - after that, depending on your level, you may need to kill a few of the Mobs around there to get at a node - or watch their pathing and harvest when they are away from the particular node you wish to harvest.
    Also if you take the left fork on that road from NQ, you'll also see nodes on the right and left - all the way to the Windstalker Village. You'll get a nice tour of ANTonica that way - the tourist route!
    Good adventures to you.
  5. ARCHIVED-crafter48 Guest

Thanks to all of you for your kind response to an older gamer pottering around. Went for a drive with my wife to come back and find your feedback already there...... eq2 rocks with a loyal and mature : ) fan base I find the dedicated crafters in this game to be really cool people ..... thanks for the heads up and all your encouragement for the grind ahead : )
  6. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

crafter48 wrote:
    Pfft, I bet I am older than you lol
  7. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Bratface wrote:
    Lots of us not-kids around here :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Calthine wrote:
    yep
  9. ARCHIVED-crafter48 Guest

Heh my age is in my nick : ) and still young
  10. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I think there are a few of us here that would consider someone 48 to be a younster ;)