Newbie needing help

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Prizzy, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Prizzy New Member

I got the expansion and would like to use the Claz'zakla mercenary that came with it. I cannot locate him in Qeynos and the tooltip says Obulus frontier which is to high level for me. Any advice would be welcome.
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

If you find someone on the server you play on to teleport you to the cave he is located in, you can hire him (if he doesn't require the Di'Zokian language that is) To hire a mercenary you have to use /claim and get their token. right click and examine it to consume it.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/A_Mysterious_Red_Tome - how to learn Di'Zokian

You can also go to the rouges gallery in the cities Qeynos or Freeport to hire him if he is in there (which I'm not sure of). *edit* according to the wiki he is!

More info in the link below under "How to Obtain".

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Mercenaries
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

The merc is in Obulus Frontier. You'll have to wait until the zone isn't too high a level for you.
  4. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

5. Prizzy New Member

Thanks for the reply, I've activated it now but he's not in Qeynos so I guess I'll have to take my chances in the Obulus. Seems abit silly when it says you can use him at level 30
  6. Prizzy New Member

He's not in there but thanks for the info.
  7. Vulnere Active Member

Once you get a flying mount (level 30?) just fly over the heads of the guards in OF. For funsies, sometimes i just waited for the guard to walk to the left and ran up the right side and over. I think out of 8 alts, I died on one once. Dying meaning nothing, I just ran a second time. Zoning in with a guild or personal house OF statue is the quickest way to get there.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  8. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Just ask in chat, I'm sure someone will port you right to him.
    Duhikae likes this.
  9. Syzmic New Member

Claz is only in Qeynos/freeport once you have recruited him from OB. Unless you unlock him to be summoned anywhere.
  10. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

To this very good advice, I would also add, ask your guild leader if they will set up the guild strategist flag for lowbies to hire the new merc. And also, when running past the guards, beware the sokokars because they are aggro and they walk right up onto the platflorms. Stand next to the wall while hiring.

I solved this issue because I can fly on my lowbie. But if you haven't got crafting to 85 yet then double check the KA mount you got (if you bought the Collector or Premium editions), because the one you get is useable at level 30, and I haven't tested this, but maybe it will let you fly? Worth a try.
  11. Chillispike Active Member

Thanks for the info .. i changed the note in eq2.wikia to:
    Note: Claz'zakla can be hired in Obulus Frontier only after you activate the token in your inventory that appears upon claiming it. Once you hired him he will appear in the Mercenary Den of each city.