Newbie in need of some help of a decision

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Asura000, Aug 10, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Asura000 Guest

Hey,

Well after much reading, and deciding, Ive decided to become a summoner (whilst having a assassin and Sorcerer alt hehe), anyways, Its been hard deciding from a conjurer or a Necro. I'm tilting for necro, but Im just confused, are necro's mainly DoT damage, while Conjurer have the direct DD nukes, thats what i could tell from the starter island hehe. I'm looking for some frontload damage with high damage, whilst having utility to help my group. I am always interested in aesthetics, so some originality and uniqueness between pets, while being strong is always appreciated. Do necro's have Dots AND direct nukes? And the big silly question of all, out of the 2 summoner classes, from parse's or own experience, which seems to come out on top of the damage chart, Conjurer's or Necro's?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
  2. ARCHIVED-AmurOfTheShadowBlade Guest

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=11783&gt

a nice section in there on the differneces
    Message Edited by AmurOfTheShadowBlade on 08-10-200604:57 PM
    Message Edited by AmurOfTheShadowBlade on 08-10-200604:58 PM
    Message Edited by AmurOfTheShadowBlade on 08-10-2006 04:58 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-IA~CHAOS Guest

Are you a air wind fire, elemental person or you have a niche for the undead and rot of life??.... honestly they both rock in terms of class to play its all about how well you will relate.
  4. ARCHIVED-Magical Guest

I would say for coolness of pets, go for Necromancer. I hear that Conjuror pets tend to look like elementals.
  5. ARCHIVED-LadyMidnight Guest

I've got both...admittedly my conj is 30 lvls higher than my necro at this pt (67 conj 38 necro). It seems to me that conjurers do more damage AE and help your group more via buffs etc. I think necro pets are a tad weaker than conj pets if that matters to you, and at lower levels imho the nec pets are a lot less interesting then conj pets. I also like the conj forms that they can place on themselves a lot better than necros. CoH is also a nice plus...whereas necros can rez, lets say you are 3/4 of the way up to the portal in LS and someone falls in the lava....CoH comes in very handy. In the end its all down to personal opinion. I'm not sure if I like one better one way or the other...they are both my favorite classes in the game. Good luck in your decision...remember you can always make another ;)