Newbe Dirge - questions!

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Nikadaimon, Sep 14, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Nikadaimon Guest

Im a lvl 49 dirge that I usually box with my lvl 80 Paladin..
    While boxing is fun, it doesnt really let me to get to know the Dirge really well up till now...
    Im wondering what the best / most common AA specs are (reading a lot of different things here)
    What stats should I look for on items? (+double attack etc)
    What wards do you use and what spells/CA/debuffs do you use and in what order?
    Do you have macro's setup to combine these? (ie debuff poison followed with poison attack?)
    Im really loving the dirge and think this very well good become my main char in time..
  2. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

I'm little better than a noob dirge myself but I've reached 80 with 118 AA points and am raiding now. What I've noticed is that we need Fortissmo and DKTM (Don't Kill the Messenger) in the Bard tree. As for the Dirge tree... I suppose it matters how you play... do you group or do you solo? Or get a respec mirror and set up a build for both situations.
    As for double attack vs melee crit, your guess is as good as mine. I've been going with DA, myself.
    There's a "Dirge Guide to Success" over at flames that I've been reading, with casting orders and such... very helpful.

Good luck! :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Nikadaimon Guest

thx! I will be heading over to flames to read up ;)
    I will mainly raid and do instances with this toon, thats the purpose of starting him and getting him to lvl 80 in some fast pace with boxing..
  4. ARCHIVED-Turb0T Guest

Good luck finding groups - everyone and their dog seems to be LFG on dirges now.
    And the next expansion looks set to make them less needed in raids (3 bards tops rather than 5 or 6).
  5. ARCHIVED-Nikadaimon Guest

Ratius@Splitpaw wrote:
    grouping wouldnt be a problem AT ALL..... dirges are highly desired to my experience..
    And with the next expansion; 3/4 bards is more than 1/2 tank.. so better chance of raidspot anywayz ;)