Newb tinker question

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Glim, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Glim Member

Maybe silly but I don't know how. How do you tinker. I don't see a work station. I received the items from tinker dailys. I unpacked and got 3 items. The box is gone.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The recipe auto scribes, you will need the fuel. Use a workstation, specifically a work bench for tinkering. Click the table or click N for crafting screen to pop up then search for "guarding" and that's the item you'd make. good luck!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

In Freeport and Qeynos, the NPC that gives those dailies is standing right next to the workstation that you use. In Qeynos you can also reach the fuel merchant without ever moving too far from the workstation.

When I start a character on the tinkering/adorning/transmuting road, I take or buy 200 of the first 3 levels of fuel and keep them with the character so they have the fuel, when they level to the point those fuels are no longer used, I take or buy 200 of the next 3 levels of fuels, and so on. I don't always have currency on me to buy things so its easier just to grab those fuels from the guild depot, when I move up to the next level of fuels, any of the other levels are placed back into the guild depot.

*giggles* Nobody complains about me taking fuel from the guild depot for my personal use as I am the guild leader and I pay for all the accounts in the guild, so its easier for me, or place a fuel depot in your house and deposit the extras in that if you buy them.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Also remember you only need to craft the first tier while crafting, you do not have to go all they way and finish tier 4 for a pristine item.

I got to skill 260 before figuring this out after several days of tinkering crafting.. The remainder, to skill 500, only took an hour or two... infinitely faster. I'm a bone head though... :-/
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. elflover Well-Known Member

Guarding is for adorning, you type sprocket for tinkering for searching the recipe. Leveling both isn't a bad idea. Getting all 3 of his quests will also give the xp towards your crafting if your not 100 yet ..to 110 is another story. Other bonus is city tokens you get from them.
    Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*blushes* I cannot make myself hit the stop button when crafting. I have tried, it must be an OCD thing, I have to fill all the bars.
    Aussie_one, elflover, Dude and 3 others like this.
  7. Glim Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm having a hard to pulling away from exploring to make anything. I enjoy gathering the materials but crafting seems monotonous and boring. Can someone make decent coin selling crafting materials, roots etc? Also I'm sure I need a certain tradeskill level at end game for something. Can I level up just doing in zone tradeskill quest and if so how high? I've gained 4 levels just doing tradeskill repeadables in Thundering Steppes.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Doing the Tradeskill Timeline will do a pretty good job of levelling you. You get extra tradeskill XP from the quests themselves, not just the stuff you make.

When you get to a gap between quests, then you visit your tradeskill headquarters and di rush order writs. These do require crafting, but you get quest tradeskill XP on top of crafting XP again. Also, every day visit hte crafting HQ and speak to Londiar Inygad and do his transmuting, tinkering, and adorning writs. They level up those three skills, AND give you tradeskill XP...plus Londiar provides all materials except fuel.

If you haven't already done so, make your way to the Isle of Mara (on FG, you have to get to either Thundering Steppes or Nektulos Forest docks to find a ship there). At the side of the village between the buildings and the fields is a strange little boy swimming fully clothed in a pond. Quo is the kid's name, and he will give you nice harvesting quests (A Gathering Obsession Timeline) that pay pretty good and which will help you level and ultimately get you a really nice cloak.

You can sell raw harvests, and especially rares. The regular harvests don't usually sell for lots, but some do command a decent price. Rares sell at good prices for the most part. And, best of all, while harvesting you'll be picking up lots of shinies. Any that you don't use you sell, and that's the bets moneymaker available.
  9. Glim Member

Tradeskill timeline took me to lol 10. I'm on step 3 on isle of mara gathering quest. Currently I'm a lvl 14 scholar. I have several rares that dropped from named mobs. Examining item brings up a giant list of items that can be made with it.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The nice thing is that mastercrafted gear is generally pretty good. And getting to make your own expert spells will be a big help.