New Xpac--what is going on with Fanatics Faith VIII?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Bhayar, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Just logged into game and get this notice that I have a new version of Fanatic's Faith which must be recast. Unfortunately, apparently it doesn't matter how many times I recast it, it still pops the message. And what's with this "passive" version of the spell?
    Haven't even left the GH yet to go explore and I'm already wondering what's happening? Any ideas?
  2. Daryx Well-Known Member

I think it must be a priest thing due to the change to the prestige starter. My warden is getting a nonstop flashing message that Essence of the Great Bear must be recast. Have bugged it.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Well, clearly they decided to change it from 92 to 102 for starters. Unfortunately, it didn't occur to anyone to update Sage recipes so they could actually craft it to current standards for CD, much less to move ahead in BoL. If they were going to make it a 112 spell, I could see its absence. Not for a L102 spell however.
  4. EQ_Jack Active Member

5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yeah, saw the notes. Still doesn't explain why you'd introduce a upgrade from 92 to 102 and no recipes for sages to actually upgrade the damn thing. And what the passive spell as "class prestige" is intended for is escaping me. There's no info on the mechanics, you can't click it to do anything. Just sits on a hot bar. Just tried the BoL expansion, and no message how to start although I knew you had to go to KP. Starts a TS questline, but nothing showed up for the adv side. Horrible lag, no VC, and must have gathered 6 of the eggs, but only 2 showed up. Think I'll let the dust settle for a week, because clearly, this wasn't ready for release by a long shot. Not trying to be negative, but I'm totally unimpressed with the limited experience I've had.
  6. Sogapa Active Member

Oddly, I did not get the non-stop spam on my warden, but I did on my channeler. Respecing did not stop it. I think it's because the priest class prestige buff that used to replace one of the buffs was changed to enhance it. My warden just happened to not have his buffs up pre-expansion, but the channeler did.
  7. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Recast the buff and relog.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Figured that out yesterday in about 5 minutes. Still doesn't explain the apparent lack of functionality of the "class premier buff," when it just sits on a hot bar doing nothing and contains some vague reference to enhancing a group spell, nor why the 102 spell isn't even in a sage's recipe book to upgrade it.
  9. Skixxxx Member

They replaced the ability with a spell with the same icon, you might have the old one on hotbar, replace it with the spell