New website for f2p

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-howlingat, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-howlingat Guest

I don't know about anyone else but I am starting to feel like SOE is trying to get rid of the EQ2 live side and convert everything over to F2P. I for one don't need or want for that matter the website for EQ2 live to be changed to F2P. I pay a monthly fee to play EQ2 and have for over 7 years and this is how SOE repays us, by giving the website over to F2P. Why is that? Is it so they can get more money every month by selling the things the free players need rather than showing some respect to those of us that have been their bread and butter for so many years. We are being pushed out plain and simple. And now this new launcher, I liked my old launcher, noone asked my opinion on a new launcher. And now changing the website to be designed around F2P. Go ahead SOE keep pushing your loyal subs closer to the door and more of us will start using it. And I can tell you right now that I will never be a F2P user and if this garbage keeps happening I will gladly open the door and hold it open for my friends as well.
  2. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Where have you been? EQ2 is going completely F2P as of today with three levels of play... Bronze (free), Silver, and Gold (subscription).
  3. ARCHIVED-howlingat Guest

Where have I been? I've been playing EQ2 for over 7 years and paying every month. So what now I am considered a F2P subscriber with a gold account. This is the first I have heard of this. Typical Soe, well they allready got my subscription for this month but guess what, next month I am converting to the new status version called leaving SOE in the dust.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kitsune75 Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

howlingat wrote:
    ugh. You may want to pay more attention to what is going on with a game you are playing.
  6. ARCHIVED-Aenau Guest

howlingat wrote:
    wow...just ...wow...seeing as this was also announced on the launcher...and the log in messages...i go back to..wow...
  7. ARCHIVED-howlingat Guest

WHO"S PANICKING

I am just one of many many players that are getting tired of SOE pushing people to the door. Take my word for it a lot of people are going to leave EQ2 that have paid a lot of money over the years. I and many like me are getting tired of seeing SOE lean ever further towards becoming strictly a F2P site where they will earn all their money by selling players the items they need to get ahead.

And just to say it, I have been on the beta test side of the new exp and I have to say that I was not impressed. Yeah the BL's get pets and and they are only one class but by the time I was done I realized that there was no way I was gonna waste money on the pre-order and now I am so glad I didn't. Many people in our guild didn't bother buying it either and are taking a wait and see stance and our guild is not small. I can just imagine how many other paying subscribers didn't fall for the hype Soe was offering to buy the pre-order.
  8. ARCHIVED-Evillboy Guest

howlingat wrote:
    Howlingat here is a link to the Letter smoke put out 11/10 to let everyone know what was happening. http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=509054 Hope it helps. F2P we all are as the servers come up.
  9. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

why do you insist on feeding the trolls..
  10. ARCHIVED-Dawkitty Guest

howlingat wrote:
    Apparently, you're the one that's panicking, because the info about the F2P conversion has been out for a while now. If you're a subscriber, aka Gold, your account status has not, and will not change from the original Live sub model. They completely changed what they were doing for gold on EQ2x to make old customers, such as you, not panic about having their accounts change.
    Though I have to admit that it's confusing that you're this long time of a customer, and are in a big guild, and haven't heard anything about the conversion.