[New Video] - The Othmirs of Velious

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Pixiewrath, May 14, 2013.

1. Pixiewrath Active Member

Made a new video today, about Scars of the Awakened.

Contains spoilers in the storyline though, so be aware.

2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

You couldn't give it a happy ending?
  3. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Oh no little otter dudes :(
    don't eat that, you are an otter
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Your audio levels are a bit off. It's hard to make out the narration. Overall though nice granted not much of a reveal unless you did the quests and knew of the necro-plague. God auto-correct almost made me a racist and tried to put "negro-plague" :eek:
  5. Pixiewrath Active Member

Actually ttobey, that ending was your fault. You guys made the game... :oops:

Now, ttobey, hurry up and make someone link it on facebook for me so I get thousands of views... ^_^

I've done sooo many EQ2 videos, I deserve some views, lol...

And yes, Estred, I know the narration is a bit quiet near the end where the Siren theme starts getting louder. Buuuut I did add the subtitles for a reason... :p

There is a non-subtitled version available too if you are a masochist.

Aaaand, Colby... I agree with you... Ulthork are tastier. Well, nothing beats a Gnome Sandwich though...
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure ttobey will ever forgive Kaitheel for the zombie Othmir storyline. There's a silver lining though... they'll be starring in their own TV show this fall.

[IMG]
  7. Pixiewrath Active Member

Forgive? o_O

I wished for undead Othmir ever since I saw them in Great Divide the first time and heard about Cobalt Scar. Mainly because it creates such a sharp contrast to something normally cute and fluffy. ^_^

Makes it all that much more horrifying. Especially when the blood isn't all green or purple, lol.

The next EQ2-dream for them to make real is an Ethernere version of Greater Faydark. That place has a lot of history and death casualties in it's story so to make an Ethernere version of it would be logical. That or "Zek, The Orcish Wastes" where the nature died.

But if they ever release any more Ethernere zones, those two are on the top of my wishlist. :)
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

All I want to know is when are these guys playable?
  9. Piestro Member

We're actually working on ways to help with this. ;)

Currently though, if you do a video like this you should definitely send a message to your Community Manager. She'd certainly like to know.
  10. Pixiewrath Active Member

Would that be Brasse? Haven't seen many videos on your YouTube channel lately so I don't know if she is still the main dwarf of them... :p

Nor what the person is called on this forum... Brasse doesn't seem to exist...
  11. Pixiewrath Active Member

Also, while I am at it, I want to thank you for making it so easy to capture footage in EQ2. It's so easy to just push F10 and then you are good to go and NPC names, mouse "markings" etc go away making the picture clean.

Most MMORPGs always keep some elements even if you hide as much of the HUD as possible, and I really hope that when EQNext comes, it too will allow you to completely hide the HUD.

Kudos for the programmers who made that feature!
  12. Piestro Member

Brasse is Director of Community for SOE. For EQ2 the Community Manager is Dexella at this moment. :)
  13. Pixiewrath Active Member

*Spam comming Dexella's way*
  14. Pixiewrath Active Member

PM sent. Now just waiting to see if he... she.... err... it responds...

Anyway, I don't know what that means, but if it promote well-made videos I am all for that (just don't give us access to people playing PVP videos with hard rock music at 240p resolution). I have videos explaining story for my DM dungeons, videos comparing old/new Freeport and Qeynos, and some random ones like this one. And I would LOVE to get hundreds or thousands of views on them.

I remember once you guys used a video I made of the Bristlebane Glider Mount on facebook when it was put on sale and I got hundreds of views on it in a few days. THAT was awesome... ^_^

Any YouTuber's dream is to get views and comments.... well, as long as they don't say "FIRST" that is... :p
  15. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I dabble in making videos, and I know for sure I've checked out a few of yours. It's hard to find good EQ2 videos sometimes, and refreshing when you find ones that are fun to watch.
    Cheers on getting promoted!
    ^_^
  16. Pixiewrath Active Member

Thank you. Got a message from "Soevideos" on YouTube and if I am lucky, I might get a bunch of my videos promoted. Would be really awesome.

Not only that... it doesn't exactly want me to create LESS videos now... ^_^
  17. Pixiewrath Active Member

18. Dexella Associate Producer